Beans on toast.

Park Life

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 slices of white bread, loads of butter, entire tin of beans, lots of grated cheese. Lush.

Had scrambled eggs on toast for lunch today though, that was well nice.

I must say many people have gone wrong with over cheesing this dish. <_<

2 slices of white bread, loads of butter, entire tin of beans, lots of grated cheese. Lush.

Over cheesing isnt a crime. Under cheesed pasta is though.

if we're altering the dish (surely beans on toast with bacon ceases to be beans on toast but becomes bacon and beans on toast)then i'd fry the bread,have the beans on the side with black pudding.

if we're being strict about it then i'd have to say i'd only have beans on toast if they were the only things left.

Cheese is one of my downfalls I think. :razz: I'm convinced I should have been born somewhere in the Med as I could quite happily live on crusty bread, cheese, tomatoes and red wine. Oh yes.

A funny thing from a little while ago: I was out in town and got chatted up by this bloke who seemed canny enough, if a little odd. We were nattering away and got talking about restaurants or something and he declared that he never set foot in Italian restaurants because he was allergic to cheese and had an irrational hatred of garlic. Can you imagine?! Didn't spend too much more time chatting. Why is it I always get stuck with the weird ones...?

I must say many people have gone wrong with over cheesing this dish. :razz:

Cheese is one of my downfalls I think. :razz: I'm convinced I should have been born somewhere in the Med as I could quite happily live on crusty bread, cheese, tomatoes and red wine. Oh yes.

A funny thing from a little while ago: I was out in town and got chatted up by this bloke who seemed canny enough, if a little odd. We were nattering away and got talking about restaurants or something and he declared that he never set foot in Italian restaurants because he was allergic to cheese and had an irrational hatred of garlic. Can you imagine?! Didn't spend too much more time chatting. Why is it I always get stuck with the weird ones...?

<_< Unlucky!

My housemate is addicted to garlic, he puts it in literally everything. He has both garlic cloves and garlic powder and he'll stick in sandwiches, on top of things like beans on toast - anything. Doesn't smell for some reason though, infact I heard something the other day that the more garlic you eat, the less you smell.

I'd go along with that diet if you add steak, chips and sunday dinners.

That bloke was obviously a vampire, cant believe you didnt spot that one.

I must say many people have gone wrong with over cheesing this dish. :razz:

<_< Unlucky!

My housemate is addicted to garlic, he puts it in literally everything. He has both garlic cloves and garlic powder and he'll stick in sandwiches, on top of things like beans on toast - anything. Doesn't smell for some reason though, infact I heard something the other day that the more garlic you eat, the less you smell.

I can confirm that the french stink so am not sure how accurate that is.

I'm wary of people who have problems with the cheese.

Going on from Chix....Cooked Pasta rolled in garlic and olive oil with a few onions in the frying pan makes a nice change from all those tomatoey sauces.

i like to twat the beans off the wall using a baggette as a cricket bat and mop up the mess with bread and then stick the bread to my face using the sticky bean juice and then dance like a coke'd up elton john with a picture of jimi hendrix strapped to my face

Beans on toast was an option for tea tonight, but I've given in, ordered takeaway and opened a bottle of wine. Happy days..

I'm hank now like... <_< only had time for a tin of lentil soup before I went out !!!

Beans on toast was an option for tea tonight, but I've given in, ordered takeaway and opened a bottle of wine. Happy days..

Know I'm fairly new in this here town, but has anyone else noticed the frequency with which young Cath has been referring to wine this evening? <_<

I'm hank now like... <_< only had time for a tin of lentil soup before I went out !!!

I can imagine after she's had beans on toast like! Dutch Ovens and everything!

I'm hank now like... :razz: only had time for a tin of lentil soup before I went out !!!

I can imagine after she's had beans on toast like! Dutch Ovens and everything!

<_<

Seriously though, Cath, are you as big an alcoholic as you make yourself out to be? <_<

Tonight is the first time I've had a drink since New Year's Eve, so no :razz:

Seriously though, Cath, are you as big an alcoholic as you make yourself out to be? <_<

Tonight is the first time I've had a drink since New Year's Eve, so no :razz:

Oh dear.

She's worse than I thought!

Serious denial issues going on here. :razz:

Shurrup man, you big gallah! :razz: