Delima Said ...

Delima

Didn't you rate Ben Foster as one of the top three keepers in the league?

:unsure:

Said he was better than Given :secret:

That's all I need to hear tbh, i'm all for opinions but that's just lunacy.

Lunacy? Don't think so. If we enlist third party opinion (which is not necessarily fair), take Sky rating.

Given - 6.7

Foster - 7.1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lunacy? Don't think so. If we enlist third party opinion (which is not necessarily fair), take Sky rating.

Given - 6.7

Foster - 7.1

Well thats all the proof I need, also showed Harper was a better keeper than Given after the same amount of games played! So all our managers have clearly been mugs having Shay ahead of Harper.

Given - 6.7

Foster - 7.1

Going by that method Kieron Dyer is better than Steven Gerrard! B)

We are a bigger enough club, well in our eyes to find our own Youth. We really shouldn`t waste time and money getting young players off other clubs. We should spend more looking on our own doorstep.

Is ego more important or results?

Why is it not demeaning to buy senior players from other teams, but humiliating to buy youngsters from other teams?

Plenty of Arsenal players are bought from other clubs.

Liverpool have no qualms in getting Pennant (and they paid a staggering 8 millions when they could get him next to nothing a year before).

The few Spurs rejects played a big part in securing Portsmouth in Premiership last year, and top 6 this year.

I see no reason why we shouldn't go for any player that we think could improve our suqad (better than current player or good promise) at REASONALBLE price.

I couldn't careless about which clubs they are from. I wish we have a productive academy but if it is not working then we need to find new solutions. Well out of our starting 11 only Taylor is from our own academy. So we have been doing this practise for years (ignoring our own academy players and buying players from other teams).

In my humble opinion the club could do better by heeding my advice - paying little money for young promising players from rejected by other clubs (McShane, Spector etc)

Going by that method Kieron Dyer is better than Steven Gerrard! :unsure:

Gerard plays 29 games.

Dyer plays 9 games.

In the 9 games Dyer play I won't dispute that his average performance has been better than Gerard average performance this season.

We are a bigger enough club, well in our eyes to find our own Youth. We really shouldn`t waste time and money getting young players off other clubs. We should spend more looking on our own doorstep.

Is ego more important or results?

Why is it not demeaning to buy senior players from other teams, but humiliating to buy youngsters from other teams?

Plenty of Arsenal players are bought from other clubs.

Liverpool have no qualms in getting Pennant (and they paid a staggering 8 millions when they could get him next to nothing a year before).

The few Spurs rejects played a big part in securing Portsmouth in Premiership last year, and top 6 this year.

I see no reason why we shouldn't go for any player that we think could improve our suqad (better than current player or good promise) at REASONALBLE price.

I couldn't careless about which clubs they are from. I wish we have a productive academy but if it is not working then we need to find new solutions. Well out of our starting 11 only Taylor is from our own academy. So we have been doing this practise for years (ignoring our own academy players and buying players from other teams).

In my humble opinion the club could do better by heeding my advice - paying little money for young promising players from rejected by other clubs (McShane, Spector etc)

Well yeah first choice 11 he probably is but we have a few squad players who are and will be getting games from the Academy.

Well thats all the proof I need, also showed Harper was a better keeper than Given after the same amount of games played! So all our managers have clearly been mugs having Shay ahead of Harper.

!!!?

Given - 6.7

Harper - 6.6

Are you thinking that Harper has been significantly poorer to Given !!?

Although I have said that Sky's ratings are not necessarily fair, I would not think that Harper has done any poorer than Given this season (apart from his slipping)

PS

Jonathan Spector! I forgot about him.

A centre back by trade, he has been solid in right back for West Ham so far. As much as I like Edgar and Hutington, both of them are inferior full backs compared to Spector.

No he hasn't.

PS

A centre back by trade, he has been solid in right back for West Ham so far. As much as I like Edgar and Hutington, both of them are inferior full backs compared to Spector.

No he hasn't.

Sky Sports say only Mascherano has been worse than him at West Ham this season.

Well yeah first choice 11 he probably is but we have a few squad players who are and will be getting games from the Academy.

Getting games from the academy? Nothing positive at all if our academy can only get games from the academies and not the first team.

As I said we have been buying players from other clubs for ages.

We paid 8 millions for Boumsong. Maybe if we could obtain the "Spector or McShane"s a few years earlier, we could have been spared the nightmare that is Boumsong.

And to think that we paid 4.5 millions for Bramble.

PS

No he hasn't.

Sky Sports say only Mascherano has been worse than him at West Ham this season.

Id rather have fucking phil spector

!!!?

Given - 6.7

Harper - 6.6

Are you thinking that Harper has been significantly poorer to Given !!?

Although I have said that Sky's ratings are not necessarily fair, I would not think that Harper has done any poorer than Given this season (apart from his slipping)

When they had both played the same amount of games I said, its obviously gone up hasn't it! The point was Given is a better keeper than Harper although Sky ratings said different at the time!

Guest stevieintoon

Fuck me. :unsure:

Sorry about this, TT'ers...

I'm not particularly religious but let's just pray N-O is back up and running very very soon.

Who do you speak for by saying sorry?

Delima is a Middlesbrough fan, a fact established by me prior to the UEFA Cup Final, but he's right about David Jones, class player. Billy Davies said he's the most gifted player he's managed, fair enough he's only managed Preston and Motherwell players, but quite a compliment for a 20 year old.

When they had both played the same amount of games I said, its obviously gone up hasn't it! The point was Given is a better keeper than Harper although Sky ratings said different at the time!

Do you REALLY naively believe that I based my opinions regarding players on Skysports?

Ben Foster is a better keeper than Shay Given, that's my opinion. Other people dispute it, what do you think I could do to "settle" the arguement?

This is only the first season Ben Foster plays in premiership. I won't be stupid to say that Foster has a better career record than Given. But Ben Foster is still a better keeper than Shay Given from what I see this season. And Skysports has done me a favour by giving him slightly better average rating.

Fuck me. :unsure:

I'm not particularly religious but let's just pray N-O is back up and running very very soon.

Delima is a Middlesbrough fan, a fact established by me prior to the UEFA Cup Final, but he's right about David Jones, class player. Billy Davies said he's the most gifted player he's managed, fair enough he's only managed Preston and Motherwell players, but quite a compliment for a 20 year old.

I am also a Mackem and a yank.

And a Keegan Bandwagon Jumper lest you forget ...

Do you REALLY naively believe that I based my opinions regarding players on Skysports?

Ben Foster is a better keeper than Shay Given, that's my opinion. Other people dispute it, what do you think I could do to "settle" the arguement?

This is only the first season Ben Foster plays in premiership. I won't be stupid to say that Foster has a better career record than Given. But Ben Foster is still a better keeper than Shay Given from what I see this season. And Skysports has done me a favour by giving him slightly better average rating.

Yeah kind of :unsure: Why bring it up if you dont believe it?

Fuck me. :secret:

I am also a Mackem and a yank.

And a Keegan Bandwagon Jumper lest you forget ...

You forgot clueless and full of shit. :unsure:

Was out with my mate last night who is a west ham season ticket holder, we were talking about the game, he wasnt at all confident and kept going on about how shite Spector was and how he wants him out of the club. Sounds good to me! :blink:

Wallwork, Greening and chadwick are 3 shining examples of youngsters fergie has deemed not good enough. I cant remember many players he has let go that have gone on to prove him wrong.

Clutching at straws, but Dion Dublin and Robbie Savage have had moderately succesful careers. Can't think of anyone who's left Man Utd and became a superstar though.