Mick Quinn

Guest stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon

I like Mick Quinn. Fair enough he was a fat cunt, but he knew where the goal was. If Quinn had the athelticism of someone like Andy Cole, I think he'd have been Ireland's record scorer. Cole, Shearer, Big Les all great finishers, but in terms of pure finishing, I think Quinn was better than all of them. Obviously Shearer was a far far better player, but he wasn't 3 stone overweight.

He's just said there on Talksport "I grew up in Liverpool, on the Kop, and honestly, the passion for football on Merseyside just doesn't compare with Newcastle."

He also criticised people who abuse our gates during the boycott. :lol:

I like Mick Quinn. Fair enough he was a fat cunt, but he knew where the goal was. If Quinn had the athelticism of someone like Andy Cole, I think he'd have been Ireland's record scorer. Cole, Shearer, Big Les all great finishers, but in terms of pure finishing, I think Quinn was better than all of them. Obviously Shearer was a far far better player, but he wasn't 3 stone overweight.

He's just said there on Talksport "I grew up in Liverpool, on the Kop, and honestly, the passion for football on Merseyside just doesn't compare with Newcastle."

I used to live in Newmarket and he was often about in the pub having a quiet pint. Nice fella. He is just one of those fellas who doesnt take himself too seriously.

Very good finisher.

I used to live in Newmarket and he was often about in the pub having a quiet pint. Nice fella. He is just one of those fellas who doesnt take himself too seriously.

Very good finisher.

Of a pint or 20

spot on. Watching him over a period of time, I realised that no matter how the ball arrived at his body, he somehow managed to get something on it and hit the target, he was really quick in his anticipation in the box, like Cole, they both used to react before defenders did. Watch some old videos and you will see how often he missed the goal, it wasn't too often. He was a real goalscorer and one of the best NUFC have had in my time.

Guest stevieintoon

Very good finisher.

I was on his plane from Stansted to Newcastle the day after the Semi Final in Cardiff, he seemed a top top bloke talking to everyone, genuinely sound. It was before he lost all the weight though, and when we were walking up the steps on to the plane my main concern was how it was going to get off the ground with us two fat cunts on!

When he left us to come to my home town,Coventry,we got promoted the following season,and i saw him in a pub round here.I made a friendly bet that we would finish higher than Coventry in our 1st Prem season for a bottle of good champagne.He left Cov that season and didn't see him for two years until I bumped into him on a lads day out to Haydock,while he was working for Mick Channon.Not only did he remember our wager,he paid up and gave me a couple of winning tips as well.Cracking bloke,Micky Quinn.