Did anyone else think we seemed a bit too confident of winning?

Asprilla

Well, I was really looking forward to the game tonight... which is a classic sign tbh. I should have known. I tell myself it'll be different but It's always the same.

I mentioned to the bloke I was watching it with that it was about 10 years since we'd lost at home in FA Cup, which was then mentioned on the telly soon after. Last night was my fault tbh.

:lol:;) Thanks for the curse. I may have helped. The misses said we would get beat as we usually do as soon as we build our hopes up that we have turned a corner. She wanted to watch Big Brother instead. I said no, we will win this comfortably.

Edited by rebellious

I do not think we could or should have been too confident going into the match. Whilst Sundays result was fantastic the performance certainly wasn't the same can be said for the match at Birmingham, Everton away was absymal whilst we picked up points against Man United and Watford but again we never looked convincing in those games either.

Whilst I am delighted that we are picking points up as this is more important than how well we play, I for one am still not convinced by the current squad of players and still do not go into any match confident of a definite win..

I do not think we could or should have been too confident going into the match. Whilst Sundays result was fantastic the performance certainly wasn't the same can be said for the match at Birmingham, Everton away was absymal whilst we picked up points against Man United and Watford but again we never looked convincing in those games either.

Whilst I am delighted that we are picking points up as this is more important than how well we play, I for one am still not convinced by the current squad of players and still do not go into any match confident of a definite win..

Spot on. We could have lost 5-1 to Spurs on another day on that performance.

At least Sheff Utd are a fellow Premiership club.

Well... i'd much rather lose 5-1 at home to Birmingham than 6-3 to fucking Arsenal!

How exactly is that better?????

I think he hates Arsenal nearly as much as he hates Shola for some reason. Losing 6-3 at home to Arsenal in the League Cup is nowhere near as bad though, I agree.

Well... i'd much rather lose 5-1 at home to Birmingham than 6-3 to fucking Arsenal!

I think he hates Arsenal nearly as much as he hates Shola for some reason. Losing 6-3 at home to Arsenal in the League Cup is nowhere near as bad though, I agree.

It's probably because they are so alike in their dazzling style of football.

At least we won't get to the latter stages as usual, build our hopes up once one or two more big clubs get knocked out, and then have them flattened when we get an away trip to Arsenal or Chelsea in the last 16 or last 8.

No, I'd have prefered that, at least it would be more acceptable.

I wasn't thinking that last night was going to be an easy win at all. I thought that we should win, and I was confident. Being beaten was always possible, but for me its the lack of our performance and the magnitude of the defeat that I feel angry, embarrassed and humiliated by. Any 5-1 defeat is unacceptable. If we lost 5-1 to Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal, I'd be angry, but to lose by that amount to a team a division below us (albeit a one doing well) is really sickening.

was kind of a joke statement based on a personal preference :lol:

Well, I was really looking forward to the game tonight... which is a classic sign tbh. I should have known. I tell myself it'll be different but It's always the same.

;)

I think we have to accept we need to build over the next few seasons, integrating the young defenders could be very good for our future. A back 4-6 who all grow together would be tremendous for us.

If we can just concentrate on getting a core of decent players and a stable manager we can start to think about winning cups again.

Until then, I think we should stick to the league.

The main flaw in that being none of them are actually very good, including home grown future england captain Taylor.

They're young lads who can learn together....unless you think John Terry's about to persuade Ashley, Gary and Rio to look for Geordie ancestry :razz:

So let's put up with the shite we've got, purely because we can't sign John Terry? :lol: Have a word with yourself!

You're claiming that they'll all suddenly become good because they're young enough and will play together long enough? Afraid it doesn't work that way.

;)

I think we have to accept we need to build over the next few seasons, integrating the young defenders could be very good for our future. A back 4-6 who all grow together would be tremendous for us.

If we can just concentrate on getting a core of decent players and a stable manager we can start to think about winning cups again.

The main flaw in that being none of them are actually very good, including home grown future england captain Taylor.

They're young lads who can learn together....unless you think John Terry's about to persuade Ashley, Gary and Rio to look for Geordie ancestry :razz:

So let's put up with the shite we've got, purely because we can't sign John Terry? :lol: Have a word with yourself!

You're claiming that they'll all suddenly become good because they're young enough and will play together long enough? Afraid it doesn't work that way.

I'm all for the arguement that defenders have to keep playing together and as they get older they should be able to improve as a group.

But some of the individual errors that were there last night should have been eliminated years ago. These are professionals, they have been learning the game throughout their teens, they should have some idea how to close down, stand an attacker, put their foot through the ball.

;)

I'm saying that people of the calibre we'd like aren't going to want to come here.

;)

I'm saying that people of the calibre we'd like aren't going to want to come here.

Very true.

I was well up for this match but still a bit nervous at kick off.

I think and hope this will give the whole team, mainly the youngsters a wake up call that they throughly need.

Players like Milner, Dyer, Solano and Le Sib should have stood up to it last night after going two down and give some of the youngsters a real bollocking. Milner was one of our better players but still was poor IMO.

or we can look on the other hand and say that this was on its way? Have we just paperd over the cracks in recent weeks by being lucky? Spurs should have done this to us last weekend IMO?

;)

We could sign 20 defenders better than Peter Ramage, no problem. I'm not talking about John Terry, I'm talking about players capable of running, tackling and passing.

We could sign 20 defenders better than Peter Ramage, no problem. I'm not talking about John Terry, I'm talking about players capable of running, tackling and passing.

So my sister?

I wonder what the stats for completed passes from a Newcastle player to a Bum player last night were? I bet we completed more passes to their players than their own?

So my sister?

I wonder what the stats for completed passes from a Newcastle player to a Bum player last night were? I bet we completed more passes to their players than their own?

Don't think women are allowed to play at this level, and rightly so.

So my sister?

Don't think women are allowed to play at this level, and rightly so.

:lol:

She would do a better job than Ramage, then again Steven Hawkin would!

;)

And after one or two bad games we'd be hounding them out of the club and looking for another miracle cure.

:rolleyes:

They're young lads who can learn together....unless you think John Terry's about to persuade Ashley, Gary and Rio to look for Geordie ancestry :mellow:

So let's put up with the shite we've got, purely because we can't sign John Terry? :rolleyes: Have a word with yourself!

And after one or two bad games we'd be hounding them out of the club and looking for another miracle cure.

One or two bad games for Ramage? Fuck me, you've got low expectations! He's had one or two good games!!! Andy O'Brien is a better defender than him, FACT!

:rolleyes:

They're young lads who can learn together....unless you think John Terry's about to persuade Ashley, Gary and Rio to look for Geordie ancestry :mellow:

So let's put up with the shite we've got, purely because we can't sign John Terry? :rolleyes: Have a word with yourself!

One or two bad games for Ramage? Fuck me, you've got low expectations! He's had one or two good games!!! Andy O'Brien is a better defender than him, FACT!

Spot on tbh.