15827 minutes and still going strong

peasepud

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving up smoking is piss easy, I've done it hundreds of times !!!

quoted to confirm.

I've gone 960 minutes so far this time.

I'd say this time it's for good...but there's a match on Wednesday.

7232/60 = 120 hours

Fuck me you have done less than a week and youre harping on about it?

I stopped on Sunday night. At 11pm. How many hours is that? (adding up at this point) Fuck me I have done more minutes than you.

Anyway, well done.

What have you used to stop?

I stopped for 3 months once when my mate reckoned that having a pint every time you wanted a tab worked. It did as well. I was fucked though. I stopped for 4+ years til I got on that bastard plane the day of the terror alerts this summer.

Anyway, keep out of pubs until day 12! (thats good advice - promise you!) <_<

congratulations

have a fag to celebrate

gowan, you know you want to

gowan

gowan, gowan

gowan, gowan, gowan, gowan, gowan, gowan, gowan, gowan,

<_<

The best way to not smoke is to not buy any. This works for me and I can go days and days. I just need everyone I know to stop smoking (and buying) them.

I have to stay in and avoid everyone, hence I am not going out tonight and am eating like Gemmill.

Anyway, I think I need to generally get fit so went for first run since xmas last night and did another this morning. Enjoyed it but coughing all kinds of shit up now. Got it in me head that 3 days is physical dependency gone and 12 days is the psychological one on the wane (some doctor told me that when trying to be helpful - no idea if he just made it up to make me feel better).

Anyway, it worked the first time and its workign again! <_<

Nicorette microtabs help aswell, cos if I do go to the pub I jsut have one of them instead of a tab and it makes you feel like youre doing something.

7232/60 = 120 hours

I stopped on Sunday night. At 11pm. How many hours is that? (adding up at this point) Fuck me I have done more minutes than you.

Anyway, well done.

I stopped for 3 months once when my mate reckoned that having a pint every time you wanted a tab worked. It did as well. I was fucked though. I stopped for 4+ years til I got on that bastard plane the day of the terror alerts this summer.

5pm on Monday evening was my last one, I decided to play football that night, first time since the pissup and knew it wouldnt be good so I finished the box I had at that time then played at 6pm.

Nothing works for me so its cold turkey, no patches, no gum (thats the most disgusting thing ever tasted), nowt just me and my willpower

:blush:

aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7232/60 = 120 hours

Anyway, well done.

5pm on Monday evening was my last one, I decided to play football that night, first time since the pissup and knew it wouldnt be good so I finished the box I had at that time then played at 6pm.

Nothing works for me so its cold turkey, no patches, no gum (thats the most disgusting thing ever tasted), nowt just me and my willpower

:blush:

aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In which case, very well done. You have done the hard part anyway. Now its just keeping it in check really.

I had to give up on something I really depended on last year and getting really angry about something related really helped! Its hard to think how you could translate this to smoking but it worked amazingly well for me, I really didnt think I could stop but the anger spurred me on and the fact that I managed to do it for a few days helped me carry it on.

I had to give up on something I really depended on last year and getting really angry about something related really helped! Its hard to think how you could translate this to smoking but it worked amazingly well for me, I really didnt think I could stop but the anger spurred me on and the fact that I managed to do it for a few days helped me carry it on.

cottaging and money? <_<

cottaging and money? :blink:

Yep :up:

:)

And hows Happy Face and Gram doing?

still off them?

Aye mate.

Piece of piss when I'm not drinking.

A few preliminary cans without a bine the neet in preparation for the match tomorrow.

One of the lads that comes to the match always sticks ten in my pocket because he doesn't like to smoke a full pack, but doesn't like to freeload. I'll have to tell him to smoke the lot, and watch. Which will be tough.

Well done mate, not really smoked myself but have known loads of people who have tried to give up and really struggled!

I think the secret is to really agonise over every minute you've been off them. If they're still having trouble after that, they should try carrying a pack around with them at all times and smelling the sweet, sweet tobacco when ever they get the urge for a smoke.