15827 minutes and still going strong

peasepud

i9f there was anyone in the entire freekin universe that I thought would be immune to the whole nictotine global conspiracy, it was parky

let down, is how I feel tbh.

But I'm giving up Vic.

that's what they all say tbh

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do smokers (who aren't quitting) think about the smoking bans that are coming?

As a non-smoker I can't fucking wait for the day I can come back from the pub without having to hang my clothes outside my room so they don't stink it out.

Even after I've had a shower I can still taste the lingering stench

what do smokers (who aren't quitting) think about the smoking bans that are coming?

As a non-smoker I can't fucking wait for the day I can come back from the pub without having to hang my clothes outside my room so they don't stink it out.

Even after I've had a shower I can still taste the lingering stench

A lot more agro through not being able to have your fix,you cannot expect people to go cold turkey just like that,people's attitude change when the nicotine level goes down

but doesn't your right to smoke impinge on my right to choose not to smoke?

my non-smoking isn't affecting your night, why should your smoke be allowed to affect mine?

(I'm not really this... militant, but it's a point I like to make)

nobody is forcing to go cold turkey, you'll still be able to go for a pint with your mates, it's just when you want a fag you'll have to go outside.

my non-smoking isn't affecting your night, why should your smoke be allowed to affect mine?

nobody is forcing to go cold turkey, you'll still be able to go for a pint with your mates, it's just when you want a fag you'll have to go outside.

This isn't why I'm giving up, out of consideration to others tbh. I'm giving up for purely selfish reasons.

*Ba Dum Tish*

This isn't why I'm giving up, out of consideration to others tbh. I'm giving up for purely selfish reasons.

*Ba Dum Tish*

.. ok...

I was asking why smokers (who aren't giving up) felt about the impending smoking bans...

:blink:

*Ba Dum Tish*

.. ok...

I was asking why smokers (who aren't giving up) felt about the impending smoking bans...

:blink:

They're probably feeling persecuted.

poor wee carcenogenic boys and girls.

I just think it's rough on those of us who don't smoke, but still go to pubs and clubs. Why should we suffer the toxic fumes?

poor wee carcenogenic boys and girls.

I just think it's rough on those of us who don't smoke, but still go to pubs and clubs. Why should we suffer the toxic fumes?

Indeed. And I'm a smoker, but it's about rights to self-determination as much as it is about your right to breathe clean air - which I support, by the way. However, the smoking ban is all about marginalising a group of people who choose to do something others find abhorrent (bit like fox hunting) - and really the Govt should have allowed certain pubs to maintain a smoking area as a halfway house.

The net result of smoking ban (in the current form as seen in Scotland) has been to make pubs far nicer places for everyone to be in - but it's also made the doorways and entrances of pubs a veritable haven for smoking pariahs in bad weather. Plus, the pubs now smell entirely different, but by Christ, they still smell...

It's had another interesting effect up here mind. Now us normal people are not regularly exposed to smoke anymore, if you're standing at the bar and one of the walking cancer patients comes back from his refreshment break, and walks past too close, his putrid vomit inducing stink is noticable even more

It's had another interesting effect up here mind. Now us normal people are not regularly exposed to smoke anymore, if you're standing at the bar and one of the walking cancer patients comes back from his refreshment break, and walks past too close, his putrid vomit inducing stink is noticable even more

....that's the talk I like to hear atm.

What I want to know from those mega never smoked for donkies giver uppers, do you ever crave one these days? A mate of mine gave up and hasn't had one for a year, says after about 6 months the cravings stopped and he said that's the key to quitting, to get past the craving stage because once clear, you stop craving. But I've heard how people go back on after like 3 years without one. The cravings do it for me like, the first 24 hours is the worst, then leaving the house, then watching others, then going out drinking. They should just ban tabs, that would make me stop. Bastards.

It never really leaves you mate, I once gave up for nearly 8 years! before lighting one for someone and ending up smoking the pack.

Keep it up Pud ya doing well :blink:

and leave the emergency pack in the kitchen drawer this time! :P

Havent got an emergency pack this time although it is a good idea if you do give up, one of the main problems is the whole panic of "I havent got any tabs!!" I found in the past that having some sitting in a drawer was like a comfort blanket, just knowing they were there if you desperately needed one was enough to soften one of the effects. The secret though is to then bin them after a week or two because there will come a point where its not needing a tab its fancying one, which changes your view, you'll think "could really fancy a smoke, now I dont need them its not a hassle, one wont harm it will be nice etc etc"

What I want to know from those mega never smoked for donkies giver uppers, do you ever crave one these days? A mate of mine gave up and hasn't had one for a year, says after about 6 months the cravings stopped and he said that's the key to quitting, to get past the craving stage because once clear, you stop craving. But I've heard how people go back on after like 3 years without one. The cravings do it for me like, the first 24 hours is the worst, then leaving the house, then watching others, then going out drinking. They should just ban tabs, that would make me stop. Bastards.

It never really leaves you mate, I once gave up for nearly 8 years! before lighting one for someone and ending up smoking the pack.

Keep it up Pud ya doing well :unsure:

and leave the emergency pack in the kitchen drawer this time! :o

Havent got an emergency pack this time although it is a good idea if you do give up, one of the main problems is the whole panic of "I havent got any tabs!!" I found in the past that having some sitting in a drawer was like a comfort blanket, just knowing they were there if you desperately needed one was enough to soften one of the effects. The secret though is to then bin them after a week or two because there will come a point where its not needing a tab its fancying one, which changes your view, you'll think "could really fancy a smoke, now I dont need them its not a hassle, one wont harm it will be nice etc etc"

It's been 6 days, I think I'm already moving into the fancy one don't 'need one' phase. :o

• 1 month later...

Done 6931 minutes in this period of giving up.

Sitting here with a few vodka and lemonades thinking a bine would go down a treat with it.

:lol:

Month since any update Pud. Still clean?

Clean as a whistle my friend. Weekly football games with a view to moving to two a week (especially if the Sunday stuff comes off).

No problems at all on the tab front though. Never bothers me tbh.

Clean as a whistle my friend. Weekly football games with a view to moving to two a week (especially if the Sunday stuff comes off).

One cigarette in four weeks for me.

Only cos he is too scared to come out drinking with me !!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Only cos he is too scared to come out drinking with me !!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_lol:

Aye but thats got nowt to do with smoking tbh :lol:

Only cos he is too scared to come out drinking with me !!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

don't join the Gemmas game ffs !!!! :icon_lol:

Only cos he is too scared to come out drinking with me !!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

don't join the Gemmas game ffs !!!! :icon_lol:

It's no game, Bumfight! :rolleyes:

Plus, the pubs now smell entirely different, but by Christ, they still smell...

Aye, I've heard this, that smoke was actually disguising the fact that pubs stink.

Aye I'm thinking they probably smell something like a packed metro on a hot summer's day. :lol: