AF's positive thinking, Toon fan rehab & healing thread seminar

Asprilla

Please...take off your shoes....breathe deeply :nufc: ...I know the negativity is just self protection, generated by years of disappointment...but REALLY.... ;) ...some people here can't seem to see the good in ANYTHING anymore.

We won. :pray:

We are 9th. :pray:

We don't have Souness. :pray:

We have a manager who doesn't need to spend big to do ok. :pray:

We have practically a whole side's worth of good players to come back. :pray:

We'll stay up. :pray:

We are in Europe. :pray:

We have a new CB who will generate interest in the club in America....and with the ladies :nufc:

We won a trophy this year. :pray:

I know it's not all perfect...but FFS :nufc::nufc:

....my door is always open.

rayner.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We were outplayed, much like most of the games in the past month. :nufc:

We used to be top 4/6. I don't see us getting back up there in the long run. :nufc:

We do have Roeder. :pray:

We have a manager who is incapable of identifying good players and doesn't have any conviction in his own ability to judge a player. :pray:

Some good, some not so good. :pray:

That doesn't excite me. :pray:

Nor does that. :pray:

We have a new CB who will generate interest in the club in America....and with the ladies ;)

Yanks in general don't support long term losers. We are long term losers. :pray:

:nufc: Fuck off man! :nufc:

We were outplayed, much like most of the games in the past month. ;)

I'd rather play badly and win, then play well and lose.

No team plays badly and wins in the long run though. It's alright for a short run of games, but in the longer term, if you play badly you will be a long term loser.

We were outplayed, much like most of the games in the past month. :nufc:

We used to be top 4/6. I don't see us getting back up there in the long run. :pray:

We do have Roeder. :pray:

We have a manager who is incapable of identifying good players and doesn't have any conviction in his own ability to judge a player. :pray:

Some good, some not so good. :pray:

That doesn't excite me. :pray:

Nor does that. :pray:

We have a new CB who will generate interest in the club in America....and with the ladies ;)

Yanks in general don't support long term losers. We are long term losers. :pray:

:nufc: Fuck off man! :nufc:

now now gemmill no need to spoil the vibe is there? :nufc:

things could be worse. we could be in west ham's position

people WANT us to be in West Ham's position. The league table doesn't matter as long as you spend each and every window signing half the planet, only to get rid of them at the next, along with your manager

people WANT us to be in West Ham's position. The league table doesn't matter as long as you spend each and every window signing half the planet, only to get rid of them at the next, along with your manager

Well, if you pretend that, it's probably easier (in your head anyway) to win an argument.

This is what I meant in the other thread when I mentioned coming up with silly arguments that make you look stupid, for the sole purpose of being Little Miss Contrary. You're clearly not a stupid bloke so why do you insist on portraying yourself as one?

This is what I meant in the other thread when I mentioned coming up with silly arguments that make you look stupid, for the sole purpose of being Little Miss Contrary. You're clearly not a stupid bloke so why do you insist on portraying yourself as one?

;)

Am I missing something?

;)

Am I missing something?

He's at the bestest university in the known universe man. Or something.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt to see if I could get him to stop being such a dick. :nufc:

;)

Am I missing something?

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt to see if I could get him to stop being such a dick. :nufc:

you disagree that West Ham's transfer activity is being held up as how we should be doing things?

of course the post is a bit over the top, but I would expect most people not to take everything as read, and be able to extract the basic point. However, pedantry seems to be the order of the day for the gemmilator :nufc:

:nufc:

Am I missing something?

you disagree that West Ham's transfer activity is being held up as how we should be doing things?

of course the post is a bit over the top, but I would expect most people not to take everything as read, and be able to extract the basic point. However, pedantry seems to be the order of the day for the gemmilator :nufc:

How do you have the brass neck to accuse others of pedantry? ;)

You come across of argumentative, yet also seem to be ignorant on the topics you are arguing about. Add that to the fact that you often post random shite in threads you clearly have little interest in, and your incessant need to abuse people who disagree with you..... Well, maybe you should just take a hint and stick to N-O.

;)

Am I missing something?

Yes I do. West Ham are paying over the odds for players. No one is advocating that.

If you want to make a point why not try making that point specifically instead of going over the top, making a ludicrous assertion, and allowing people to make you look a prick because of it?

Just a thought, Vicky baby. :nufc:

758141b.jpg

The trouble here my lovelies, is that we are all suffering from a detachment from reality.

A club can VERY quickly go from Champions League to the Championship. Look at Leeds.

They didn't take a reality check and paid very heavily.

Roeder essentially is doing a repair job (and a bloody good one at that.) The club was in tatters and its reputation had gone even further down the swanee.

We are not the club of the Keegan or Robson era...there ISN'T a queue of top managers outside Freddie's door, nor do top players automatically think of Newcastle as good career move.

These are the facts.

Of course I'd rather we had Mourinho and the pick of the top 4's squads but that's fairy tale stuff. This is the reality. Roeder is putting the foundations right (looking for players with the right attitude for sensible money) and that ultimately is what will stop us becoming a Leeds. We aren't spending money we don't have to get us out of trouble and if you don't understand that then I'm afraid you need to.....

;)