unbelievable

Dr Gloom

i didn't think even fat fred could be this clueless. the bold bits are astonishing tbh. i wonder what leazesmag makes of it all.

January's transfer window closed with Glenn Roeder failing in his twin objectives of borrowing a striker and discarding Albert Luque.

The latter part of the bargain had seemed sorted, with both player and PSV Eindhoven apparently in agreement over a loan deal taking to Spaniard to the Netherlands for the rest of the season.

However, our failure to acquire suitable striking cover then saw Newcastle pull the plug on the Luque deal.

With St.Etienne forward Frédéric Piquionne preferring to join Monaco on loan and United dismissing various other offers of strikers from agents, we inexplicably opted to hang on to Luque.

Interestingly though, the Dutch released a statement expressing their disappointment with the move falling through but chose to pinpoint the blame of on our "obstructive" chairman.

That'll be the same chairman who never, ever, ever interferes with transfers.

PS - informed speculation has it that former Magpie Andy Cole was one of those players offered to us and rejected.

Edited by Fancy Dan lecturer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

informed speculation

From nufc.com? Lies tbh.

Hasn't Roeder made it pretty clear that Luque's (inexplicably) going fuck all anywhere unless we have other options up front? Before we go pinning this one on Shepherd...

wasn't there widespread opinion a while back that no wanted Cole?

Roeder's been slagged fol loan signings already, why would this be any different? People would only be outraged that we loaned Luque oput for no long term replacement.

And surely Luque didn't move because we weren't going to pay 2/3 of his wages while at PSV. Is that really being obstructive? At least this way we can use him if we want to.

Roeder's been slagged fol loan signings already, why would this be any different? People would only be outraged that we loaned Luque oput for no long term replacement.

And surely Luque didn't move because we weren't going to pay 2/3 of his wages while at PSV. Is that really being obstructive? At least this way we can use him if we want to.

Captain Contrary.......to the rescue!

See what I mean? WUM tbh.

every board needs a troll. this one esepcially since we seem to have lost leazesmag.

i've got to say though that leazesmag's rants were slightly more entertaining, if slightly scary at times.

See what I mean? WUM tbh.

I stand by the post. Why can't I have that opinion FFS? Am I supposed to agree with the post just because it came from NUFC.com?

Was there support for a Cole transfer?

Has Roeder been slagged for loans?

Were Luques wages the sticking point?

all valid points all relevant to the post

Except that we don't want to, he is even behind the likes of Troisi, Carroll and LuaLua in the pecking order...

Was there support for a Cole transfer?

Who knows?

Has Roeder been slagged for loans?

From someone that matters? or mongs like us on a forum

Were Luques wages the sticking point?

Initially but as PSV have indicated, it was agreed, so no the answer was, they wern't

all valid points all relevant to the post

no, but thanks for playing

Except that we don't want to, he is even behind the likes of Troisi, Carroll and LuaLua in the pecking order...

Exactly, I still think Luque should be given a chance ideally, but that is NEVER going to happen now ... quite clearly! We should be looking to offload him asap. Not messing around with him even more.

Aye, the bench v. Brum confirmed his place (rightly or wrongly) in the pecking order. I don't even class Luque as cover any more. Because neither does Roeder.

Andy Cole, Andy Cole, Andy Andy Cole

When he gets the ball, he scores a goal

Andy Andy Cole

I'd have fucking loved to have sang that again tbh, although it might not have been relevant so much now

Edited by Sima

Aye, the bench v. Brum confirmed his place (rightly or wrongly) in the pecking order. I don't even class Luque as cover any more. Because neither does Roeder.

Well, he said that he is going to use him in Europe. This shows two things: A) that Roeder doesn't think Luque is capable of doing things in English football, ;) our focus in the UEFA-Cup, our last chance to win something this season.

Andy Cole, Andy Cole, Andy Andy Cole

When he gets the ball, he scores a goal

Andy Andy Cole

I'd have fucking loved to have sang that again tbh, although it might not have been relevant so much now

if we had got him, i would have put money on him bagging more goals than sib, dyer and shola

Signing cole would be a huge mistake

i don't agree.

sticking with martins, dyer and sibierski as our only fit "recognised" strikers and not signing a stopgap like cole for six months is a mistake.

lord have mercy if martins picks up a serious injury.