Roeder's record so far

nufc4ever

Played Won Drawn Lost For Against

Not bad IMO, all things considered.

Can't for the life of me get this fucking thing to line up though. Why does adding spaces between the numbers not change anything? :lol:

Edited by nufc4ever

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

decent enough record when you consider the shite he inherited from souness and all the injuries to key players.

the real test is whether he can get the bets out of our best starting eleven. we should be top 6 with our strongest team out.

40 20 8 16 60 46

Not IMO, all things considered.

Can't for the life of me get this fucking thing to line up though. Why does adding spaces between the numbers not change anything? :lol:

Is that in the league? Not bad but I'm of the opinion his time as caretaker should not be taken into account, or at least this should be acknowledged as a confounding factor. Judging him after an entire season would be fairer.

:lol:

I do accept that some of these games were against pretty weak European opposition...but it's still pretty impressive. :lol:

*makes Roland Rat "yeeeeahhhh" noises*

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

40 20 8 16 60 46

Not IMO, all things considered.

Is that in the league? Not bad but I'm of the opinion his time as caretaker should not be taken into account, or at least this should be acknowledged as a confounding factor. Judging him after an entire season would be fairer.

Must be League only yes, we've played more than 40 this year already in total.

His league record is pretty good tbf Renton. Read somewhere recently his win ratio is about 50% (since he took over) think it was in the Sunday Times and I think Happy Face's sig backs this up. I'd question whether or not he's the man to take us forward though, once he's 'steadied the ship'.

His league record is pretty good tbf Renton. Read somewhere recently his win ratio is about 50% (since he took over) think it was in the Sunday Times and I think Happy Face's sig backs this up. I'd question whether or not he's the man to take us forward though, once he's 'steadied the ship'.

He's done a decent job. But he isn't the inspirational or visionary character that can make things take off.

I said as much. Mind, in all honesty, I don't know how the fuck we have so many wins considering some of the crap football we have played. Maybe it's more evidence that outside the top 4 the premiership isn't much cop at the minute?

I said as much. Mind, in all honesty, I don't know how the fuck we have so many wins considering some of the crap football we have played. Maybe it's more evidence that outside the top 4 the premiership isn't much cop at the minute?

Well, we had an excellent run when he took over too. It's partially down to the factor you give, partly down to his honeymoon period and, in fairness, a lot of it is down to Roeder himself sorting things out and improving team spirit and morale imo.

Can't underestimate the difference it made that the pressure was off. Also the visible relief after Souness went. See the Portsmouth game for evidence; the difference was ridiculous.

Can't underestimate the difference it made that the pressure was off. Also the visible relief after Souness went. See the Portsmouth game for evidence; the difference was ridiculous.

Much like when Robson replaced Gullit in fact.

Aye I think he's done a reasonably good job (although earlier this season I was far from as comfortable with him), but you're absolutely right that it's maybe too much to for him to trying and progress us to where we were pre-Sounesss (although I think that would be a very hard job for anyone).

But at the moment just getting a season without sacking someone, having a huge injury crisis, and a few within club punchups would be a good thing.

That performance was in tribute to Graeme. I felt his spirit at the ground that day.

That performance was in tribute to Graeme. I felt his spirit at the ground that day.

Well, we had an excellent run when he took over too. It's partially down to the factor you give, partly down to his honeymoon period and, in fairness, a lot of it is down to Roeder himself sorting things out and improving team spirit and morale imo.

The best since Keegan IMO. :lol:

The best since Keegan IMO. :lol:

:lol: Definite cockney solidarity. The team spirit under Robson when it didn't matter if we went a goal behind cos you just knew we would come back from it was better than anything Roeder has achieved tbh.

He's done a decent job. But he isn't the inspirational or visionary character that can make things take off.

aye, it's hard to imagine him delivering an inspirational, churchillian half time team talk to rally the troops.

Edited by Fancy Dan lecturer

aye, it's hard to imagine him delivering an inspirational, churchillian half time team talk to rally the troops.

are you basing that on what he looks like :lol: or souds like :lol: because of the best managers we have in the premier does not come over as a motivator. Wenger

are you basing that on what he looks like :lol: or souds like :lol: because of the best managers we have in the premier does not come over as a motivator. Wenger

On the contrary when Arsene gets angry....The players fear him!!

are you basing that on what he looks like :lol: or souds like :unsure: because of the best managers we have in the premier does not come over as a motivator. Wenger

Wenger doesn't come across as a motivator? :lol:

maybe i'm judging a book by its cover but i'd basing it largely on his weedy whiney voice.

i just find it impossible to imagine him delivering inspirational team talks. have you ever listned to his post match interviews? talk about snoozeville

Wenger manages on respect and understanding and not fear or totalitarianism. Roeder on the otherhand... I think he's a simplistic manager who keeps things simple, training, tactics, team-talks - the lot. And a lot of players like that and respond well to that style, especially youngsters. However the downside to that style of management is those players will come unstuck in certain complicated circumstances that a game may throw up because they wont have had the coaching or instructions to deal with such situations.

Regarding Roeder's record, I personally think it is excellent especially given the circumstances and things he's had to deal with, I read somewhere last week that our form since he took over is top 5 form, amazing stuff if true or accurate. Indeed our form over the last 8 or so games has us in the top 5 and that's great stuff too.

He isn't and never will be the man to take us back into the Champions League or to challenge for the title again, even with huge funds, because he's tactically average and isn't a decisive decision maker but if you accept (which I have done) that his remit here at the Gallowgate is to rebuild and stabilise, while maintaining European football, so that we can maybe attract the better managers who will take us to the next level when the club is in a more healthier position, then you have to hold your hands up and say thus far, he's doing a job well done. In my opinion anyway and the stats do back that up, if not exactly the performances.

He has overachieved in my opinion and done better than I expected and I'm pleased with the work he's doing so far and accept that there are no easy fixes here and I'm patient enough to let him do his job without being too critical having accepted what we are and our circumstances.

I.e. an average squad, no funds, clueless board, heavy competition around us and a period of major transition.

What I'm looking for from Roeder in particular is to get rid of the wasters and dead wood, to bring in players that will do a job for the club, short or long-term, players who will prove good value for money, I'm also looking for him to make use of the academy which he has done (albeit somewhat forced) and to put us in a position where we can see some sort of direction and improvement on the horizan, which again he has done. If he can top all that off with a trophy, well, I'd be fucking delighted.

We all know Shearer will be our next manager, and I actually think he'll be a good manager, but he will have more chance of succeeding taking over a club on the up, a club with better pospects ahead of it, and in Roeder I guess he's the man charged with that. You could say he's Shearer's labourer, doing the dirty jobs and getting things prepared for when that time does come around.

I read somewhere last week that our form since he took over is top 5 form, amazing stuff if true or accurate. Indeed our form over the last 8 or so games has us in the top 5 and that's great stuff too.

What the fuck are we doing in 9th then? Someone wants to tell the bloke who puts the table together tbh.

I read somewhere last week that our form since he took over is top 5 form, amazing stuff if true or accurate. Indeed our form over the last 8 or so games has us in the top 5 and that's great stuff too.

What the fuck are we doing in 9th then? Someone wants to tell the bloke who puts the table together tbh.

Fuck do I know, I think this is one of those top 5 on average, or mid-table on average type statistics. I.e. it can be interpreted two ways, on one hand it shows him doing well, on the otherhand it may show that on average, 4 or so other teams' form has them in 5th too, pushing us down to 9th in alphabetical order. I always thought we should have been AFC Newcastle, we'd start the season top anyway.