Tall Ships

peasepud

Well it seems to be a success so far, some big event on at the minute involving all the crews and promoting their countries.

One thing though, the prices at the stalls are a disgrace.

Chips - £2.00

Chips n Gravy - £3.00

a quid for gravy! jeeez, its 60p for a whole tub of Bisto

They were in my home town, Lowestoft, last week, very impressive, especially the Russian vessel The Peter the Great.

I was supposed to be part of the crew on one of them when they were in Newcastle back in 1993. Some scholarship thing that was done through my school, I paid my money, did the training........

And then my brother decided to have his wedding on the same fucking day so I was stuck in a church halfway up Westgate Road when the race started! :lol:

Edited by Craig

I was supposed to be part of the crew on one of them when they were in Newcastle back in 1993. Some scholarship thing that was done through my school, I paid my money, did the training........

And then my brother decided to have his wedding on the same fucking day so I was stuck in a church halfway up Westgate Road when the race started! :angry:

2093[/snapback]

Isn't that the same as your "I was supposed to play at SJP" story? :razz:

Arsewipes, the pair of ya!

Play at SJP day was 19th August 1989.

Tall Ships Race was 17th July 1993.

Bit of a gap like! :razz:

You'd need to be mad to have gravy on your chips in the first place to be honest. I feel it is a fair tax. :angry:

1995[/snapback]

Are you bonkers? :razz: Chips and gravy is one of the best meals ever!

You'd need to be mad to have gravy on your chips in the first place to be honest. I feel it is a fair tax. :angry:

1995[/snapback]

Are you bonkers? :razz: Chips and gravy is one of the best meals ever!

2296[/snapback]

Not at 3 quid a bloody shot it aint. Might go down there tonight with a bucket of gravy and flog it for 50p a ladle.

Went a long there today and it was heaving. Having got as far as the Tyne House I'd been enough boats and spent enough time waddling behind slow people and screaming kids.

It's like the whole town has gone mental, everywhere was crammed.

I was down there at dinnertime as well (around The Tyne as well!) and...well...they're just big boats aren't they? What doesn't help is the fact that people were told they couldn't park down there yet still you get aresholes trying to get a space that doesn't exist.

I was down there at dinnertime as well (around The Tyne as well!) and...well...they're just big boats aren't they? What doesn't help is the fact that people were told they couldn't park down there yet still you get aresholes trying to get a space that doesn't exist.

2690[/snapback]

This has to be the funniest comment so far on the new board

WTF did you expect?? little boats? pigs??? J Woodgate's leg?????? :razz::angry::blush::blush:B):(:blush::(:blush:

Went last night and in all honesty it was shit.

2692[/snapback]

I think where we work hasn't helped. The ott wankfest we've been subjected to about it for the last 6 months meant I was bored of the whole thing by March.

2690[/snapback]

WTF did you expect?? little boats? pigs??? J Woodgate's leg?????? :razz::angry::blush::blush:B):(:blush::(:blush:

2696[/snapback]

Well, what I meant was, it's been hyped up, it's chaos down the quayside...yet they are just big boats.

2690[/snapback]

2696[/snapback]

Well, what I meant was, it's been hyped up, it's chaos down the quayside...yet they are just big boats.

2701[/snapback]

very pretty when they sail out of the Tyne................

very pretty when they sail out of the Tyne................

2709[/snapback]

Just like the closing scene from 'The Goonies'.

Boat missing in Tall Ships race

Concerns are growing for one of the vessels taking part in the Tall Ships Race from Newcastle to Norway.

The Smialy, a Polish boat taking part in the Class C section, is supposed to call in at regular intervals but it has missed its last four reports.

Race organisers Sail Training International said they were in contact with all the relevant coastguards to try to find the ship.

Severe weather conditions have forced more than half the vessels to drop out.

The Smialy was last heard from early on Saturday morning.

The ships set off from Newcastle and Gateshead quaysides on Thursday and the first have already arrived in Norway.

More than 100 ships set out in full sail but on Monday morning, only 41 remained in the race.

Some of the ships were forced to retire due to crew sea sickness while others faced a broken mast and gearbox problems.

But most of those who have retired are continuing their journey to Fredrikstad for the celebrations on Wednesday.

Boat missing in Tall Ships race

Concerns are growing for one of the vessels taking part in the Tall Ships Race from Newcastle to Norway.

The Smialy, a Polish boat taking part in the Class C section, is supposed to call in at regular intervals but it has missed its last four reports.

Race organisers Sail Training International said they were in contact with all the relevant coastguards to try to find the ship.

Severe weather conditions have forced more than half the vessels to drop out.

The Smialy was last heard from early on Saturday morning.

The ships set off from Newcastle and Gateshead quaysides on Thursday and the first have already arrived in Norway.

More than 100 ships set out in full sail but on Monday morning, only 41 remained in the race.

Some of the ships were forced to retire due to crew sea sickness while others faced a broken mast and gearbox problems.

But most of those who have retired are continuing their journey to Fredrikstad for the celebrations on Wednesday.

6043[/snapback]

Is that a joke? Where the fuck did they pick their crews from? :D

• 5 years later...