Ref Last Neet

wykikitoon

Last night the commentators were going mental at the ref and some of his bookings, I however applaud him on the booking for descent.

Milner who you could clearly hear on TV shouting "No fucking way" at him even though it was the wrong decision, Martins acting like a mad man at another etc etc all IMO should be booked. Its about time the ref's in this country started to stamp down on this childish behaviour from highly paid "pros"

Yay or Nay?

Last night the commentators were going mental at the ref and some of his bookings, I however applaud him on the booking for descent.

Milner who you could clearly hear on TV shouting "No fucking way" at him even though it was the wrong decision, Martins acting like a mad man at another etc etc all IMO should be booked. Its about time the ref's in this country started to stamp down on this childish behaviour from highly paid "pros"

Yay or Nay?

If the ref's did the job properly, players wouldn't swear at them. Both wrong decisions, both times, the referee/linesman, deserves an earful.

He was fussy but he was consistent I thought. To be fair to Joe Royle, he didn't go mental with him, rather he was mildly critical and he also said the players were daft for getting booked for dissent, especially after they'd had a chance to see what the ref was going to be like. The only crucial decision he got wrong was the pen.

Yay or Nay?

If the ref's did the job properly, players wouldn't swear at them. Both wrong decisions, both times, the referee/linesman, deserves an earful.

It happens in both codes of Rugby and other sports, they are only human and the game is played at such a pace nowadays.

I suppose its the consistancy, although he was consistant with the descent and not tackles etc etc.

Yay or Nay?

Did he sink into the turf or something?

Yay or Nay?

:D

Dissent :D

I thought he was very fair for any incidents involving play bar the penalty decision. He was also consistent for the dissent - which he did no tolerate

More refs need to be like this - avoiding cards for the slightest upset in play, just giving the free kick where req and coming down hard on dissent. As long as theyre consistent in this i have no problems with it. Too many just treat the ref like sh&t

Milner who you could clearly hear on TV shouting "No fucking way" at him

i though he shouted Fucking Wank! and it was very loud!

Yay or Nay?

:D

Dissent :D

B)

They should really call it that when someone gets booked for diving.

Milner who you could clearly hear on TV shouting "No fucking way" at him

i though he shouted Fucking Wank! and it was very loud!

Definatley no fucking way, it wasnt out too but we cant have players shouting stuff like that when so many kids are watching football today.

Any suggestions on what footballers should shout when they are pissed off?

"Good Lord"

"Heavens above"

"I pumped your lasses bangle last night"

They should try and take it on the chin, screaming and shouting aint gonna change the ref's mind is it? They are paid vast sums of money and should set a good example to the thousands of kids & adults that look upto them.

95% of other sports do it. Imagine if tennis players screamed out like footballers?

You could say he was fussy, but he was consistent and it was clear to both teams he wouldn't tolerate any "descent" so you only had yourself to blame for a booking after the first one.

I had no problem with him, so he must have been allright!

Football is about the only sport that really needs to sort this kind of shit out, but it never will. Look at the prem, the worst offenders (especially for mass dissent) are nearly always the top teams and the refs just bottle it every time and so it never changes.

You could say he was fussy, but he was consistent and it was clear to both teams he wouldn't tolerate any "descent" so you only had yourself to blame for a booking after the first one.

Football is about the only sport that really needs to sort this kind of shit out, but it never will. Look at the prem, the worst offenders (especially for mass dissent) are nearly always the top teams and the refs just bottle it every time and so it never changes.

Perhaps in Britain, but over here the NBA and NFL are becoming dreadful. It's a trend across the board, IMO. It's not something that can continue to go on unchecked, and will reach a point where it will blow up in some fashion and force people to deal with it.

Perhaps in Britain, but over here the NBA and NFL are becoming dreadful. It's a trend across the board, IMO. It's not something that can continue to go on unchecked, and will reach a point where it will blow up in some fashion and force people to deal with it.

I'm surprised, when i see NFL on tv there doesn't seem to be much of a problem and i thought it had always been good for such behaviour!

Football will always be the worst though, its ingrained in the game!

I'm surprised, when i see NFL on tv there doesn't seem to be much of a problem and i thought it had always been good for such behaviour!

Football will always be the worst though, its ingrained in the game!

The NFL has done a LOT of work on it tbf. It's been a huge priority for them, and it's paid off quite a bit. The NBA though....

Aye it should have stopped seasons ago if we beleive the shite the FA tell us.

Guest Patrokles

I don't think a frustrated exclamation is grounds for a booking. It's the heat of the moment. Dissent should be things like card waving, refusing to retreat at free kicks, or prolongued harranguing of referees.

I don't think a frustrated exclamation is grounds for a booking. It's the heat of the moment. Dissent should be things like card waving, refusing to retreat at free kicks, or prolongued harranguing of referees.

Neither do I, in principal. But when frustration turns into abuse I think referees should act. Football players are grown men, not little children. You don't see Michael Vaughan screaming 'what was that you cock' when he gets a dodgy LBW decision.

Guest Patrokles

Neither do I, in principal. But when frustration turns into abuse I think referees should act. Football players are grown men, not little children. You don't see Michael Vaughan screaming 'what was that you cock' when he gets a dodgy LBW decision.

Not sure it's a valid comparison due to the relative speeds at which decisions are made, and the games themselves are played. If football was more leisurely and decisions were made after a few seconds, then I doubt there would be the same level of frustration.

Not sure it's a valid comparison due to the relative speeds at which decisions are made, and the games themselves are played. If football was more leisurely and decisions were made after a few seconds, then I doubt there would be the same level of frustration.

Another nonsense explanation to excuse the vile behaviour of footballers. Many fast bowlers charge in, bowl the ball at 90mph into the pads then instantly turns to the umpire and appeal. Many times the umpire will instantly say not out, despite it looking plumb. Yet despite the 'speed at which the decision is made', the bowler still manages to avoid questioning the parentege of the umpire.

Another nonsense explanation to excuse the vile behaviour of footballers. Many fast bowlers charge in, bowl the ball at 90mph into the pads then instantly turns to the umpire and appeal. Many times the umpire will instantly say not out, despite it looking plumb. Yet despite the 'speed at which the decision is made', the bowler still manages to avoid questioning the parentege of the umpire.

Agree with that. There is absolutely no excusing the behaviour of some of the complete cocks who play football when compared to other sportsman. In sports like cricket and rugby, from day one as kids they are taught to respect the officials and the officials will also do their job of stamping down on any dissent if it should arrise.

In football the players from day one act like spoilt brats and carry that through their careers, but ultimately the refs could stop it within weeks if they wanted and they never do. All it needs is for all refs to start dishing yellows out every time there is any dissent, and make sure they do it to the worst offenders usually found at the big teams (one of the main reasons refs won't do it and why the problem remains) and when the suspensions start hitting home managers will suddenly start making their playes shut their gobs.

Agree with that. There is absolutely no excusing the behaviour of some of the complete cocks who play football when compared to other sportsman. In sports like cricket and rugby, from day one as kids they are taught to respect the officials and the officials will also do their job of stamping down on any dissent if it should arrise.

In football the players from day one act like spoilt brats and carry that through their careers, but ultimately the refs could stop it within weeks if they wanted and they never do. All it needs is for all refs to start dishing yellows out every time there is any dissent, and make sure they do it to the worst offenders usually found at the big teams (one of the main reasons refs won't do it and why the problem remains) and when the suspensions start hitting home managers will suddenly start making their playes shut their gobs.

Having just watched the Man City game and over-heard 'pass it you fucking idiot' on the mic, I can't recall hearing the same during a cricket match

Perhaps the differences in the 2 sports transcend both the players and spectators?