Lent.

catmag

Nah its Easter Sunday, a week later iirc.

Ah right. You can tell I'm not religious. :blink: It represents Jesus's 40 days in the wilderness though doesn't it? That ended on Palm Sunday didn't it?

:mellow:

Are you sure?

I was half right it seems. It does represent his 40 days in the wilderness.

So Je suis (see an ancient thread) tried some time in sunlun, then?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that stated anywhere in the Bible or is it just something the Church(es) made up at a later date? The Ash Wednesday stuff that is.

Edited by alex

Briefly..

Palm Sunday is the Sunday before Easter Sunday, is the last Sunday of Lent and the beginning of Holy Week. It represents the day that Jesus returned to Jerusalem for the feast of the Passover when the people of Jerusalem waved palm leaves to welcome him. The period of fasting and abstinence continues through to the beginning of Easter Sunday.

Today is Ash Wednesday. No meat, no sweets, no chocolate, no crisps, no alcohol :blink:

So we're still okay for a shag, Cath, right?? When you comin' round?? :mellow:

You can tell all the [practising] left footers by their ashen foreheads today.

The Catholic Church's greatest practical joke?

"Yeah seriously, you've gotta stick ash on your head. Mm-hmm. Yep. All day, that's right....*snigger*"

"You're not gonna believe this, they're actually fucking doing it!"

Edited by Gemmill

You can tell all the [practising] left footers by their ashen foreheads today.

The Catholic Church's greatest practical joke?

Your kidding, there's much worse than that, things you will never know............

You can tell all the [practising] left footers by their ashen foreheads today. And the queues at the fish and chip shop.

Good Friday was our fish and chip day. There used to be (and still may be) a Good Friday parade in South Shields which would end up at the West Park. My grandparents used to live directly opposite so we used to watch it from the window, have fish and chips for lunch and then grandma would make Eves pudding for afters. It was stodgy as owt and we then has to go to church at 3pm and try to stay awake. We were then ordered to be miserable for the rest of the day cos Jesus was deaded. Well, we weren't really, but I do know some Catholic families (the ex in-laws) who wouldn't allow the kids to watch telly on GF.

You can tell all the [practising] left footers by their ashen foreheads today. And the queues at the fish and chip shop.

Good Friday was our fish and chip day. There used to be (and still may be) a Good Friday parade in South Shields which would end up at the West Park. My grandparents used to live directly opposite so we used to watch it from the window, have fish and chips for lunch and then grandma would make Eves pudding for afters. It was stodgy as owt and we then has to go to church at 3pm and try to stay awake. We were then ordered to be miserable for the rest of the day cos Jesus was deaded. Well, we weren't really, but I do know some Catholic families (the ex in-laws) who wouldn't allow the kids to watch telly on GF.

They were all sat on Geordie Fish? That's one massive family an arl like!

We were then ordered to be miserable for the rest of the day cos Jesus was deaded. Well, we weren't really, but I do know some Catholic families (the ex in-laws) who wouldn't allow the kids to watch telly on GF.

You'd have think they'd have got over it by now!

We were then ordered to be miserable for the rest of the day cos Jesus was deaded. Well, we weren't really, but I do know some Catholic families (the ex in-laws) who wouldn't allow the kids to watch telly on GF.

Reminiscent of HTT's comment about too much being made of Hitler's hatred of Jews :mellow:

Reminiscent of HTT's comment about too much being made of Hitler's hatred of Jews :mellow:

:blink: Except I was joking. ;) That was incredible though. "They totally overdid his hatred of the jews." How do you overdo 6 million dead jews, I wonder?

:blink: Except I was joking. ;) That was incredible though. "They totally overdid his hatred of the jews." How do you overdo 6 million dead jews, I wonder?

Anyone replying to this with "put them on a higher gas mark" is fucking SICK btw!

:blink:Except I was joking. :razz: That was incredible though. "They totally overdid his hatred of the jews." How do you overdo 6 million dead jews, I wonder?

Aye, he wasn't. ;)

Anyone replying to this with "put them on a higher gas mark" is fucking SICK btw!

:razz:

May the Lord have mercy on your deep-fried sole

If I hadn't said it, someone else would. I know from past experience of this place. :mellow:

*resists the temptation* (topical, eh?)

Fuck it, PLAICE :blink::D:razz:<_<

;)