Ryan Giggs

Tooj

Off topic, but should we try and get McBride in the summer? Reckon he would be a very good signing for us.

Edit: Just found out he's 34, hmm.

Edited by janu

Off topic, but should we try and get McBride in the summer? Reckon he would be a very good signing for us.

Every game i have seen he has been employed as a lone striker. Imagine what he could probably do with an Obafemi or an Owen alongside him. Reckon Onyewu could influence him to come here being fellow yanks.

Am I not alone in thinking despite of what he's achieved he could have been so much more individually if it wasn't for those hamstrings of his?

maybe, he's won enough though !!!

He's a brilliant player. He's been superb all his career. I think manu will win the league now and to be honest - would prefer them to win it rather than Chelsea. It is the first time that they have not been the biggest spenders, and have been challenged by a club with more spending power, and Fergie has risen to the challenge, changed the format of this team and his attack by replacing an out and out goalscorer to a unit with more pace and mobility, and if they do, it will be the finest title win he has made for them. Giggs, Rooney, Ronaldo and Scholes have been superb, and Vidic too has been top class at the back for them, and made a difference.

Am I not alone in thinking despite of what he's achieved he could have been so much more individually if it wasn't for those hamstrings of his?

He's a brilliant player. He's been superb all his career. I think manu will win the league now and to be honest - would prefer them to win it rather than Chelsea. It is the first time that they have not been the biggest spenders, and have been challenged by a club with more spending power, and Fergie has risen to the challenge, changed the format of this team and his attack by replacing an out and out goalscorer to a unit with more pace and mobility, and if they do, it will be the finest title win he has made for them. Giggs, Rooney, Ronaldo and Scholes have been superb, and Vidic too has been top class at the back for them, and made a difference.

No Leazes I think he has been superb, but what I'm saying is remember the Giggs who scored that goal against Spurs in the first season of the Premiership? the pace he had then was unbelievable, I think he's been marvelous, but I'm talking on the level of European and World player of the year recognition.

Same with Owen maybe?

Same with Dyer maybe?

Same with Woodgate maybe?

:rolleyes:

Wouldn't class Dyer in the same class as Woodgate, Owen or Giggs like.

No Leazes I think he has been superb, but what I'm saying is remember the Giggs who scored that goal against Spurs in the first season of the Premiership? the pace he had then was unbelievable, I think he's been marvelous, but I'm talking on the level of European and World player of the year recognition.

aye Jonny, I agree. He is one of a number of players who - had they been English and played in World Cups etc - would probably have had more recognition, in spite of winning European Cups with their clubs, George Best and Ian Rush being 2 notable others. When you think of the problems England always have with the left midfield position, he would have been an automatic and top class choice throughout his whole career.

Giggs was very hyped up when he was a kid as the new George Best. Its fair to say that he isn't as good as Best - who has been ? - but he has had a superb attitude and fulfilled his talent.

Same with Owen maybe?

Same with Dyer maybe?

Without his injuries, I think he would have been. I know I'll get a lot of stick for that, but I'm willing to risk it :razz:

Same with Owen maybe?

Same with Dyer maybe?

Without his injuries, I think he would have been. I know I'll get a lot of stick for that, but I'm willing to risk it :razz:

How very honest of you. :razz:

Same with Owen maybe?

Same with Dyer maybe?

:naughty:

Without his injuries, I think he would have been. I know I'll get a lot of stick for that, but I'm willing to risk it ;)

How very honest of you. :lol:

I'd agree with gol but would also question his attitude when he was a young un too. His lifestyle could have had an effect on his injury status (certainly wouldn't have helped), thus leading towards him not realising his potential, but the potential was certainly there.

Same with Owen maybe?

Same with Dyer maybe?

:naughty:

Without his injuries, I think he would have been. I know I'll get a lot of stick for that, but I'm willing to risk it ;)

How very honest of you. :lol:

I'd agree with gol but would also question his attitude when he was a young un too. His lifestyle could have had an effect on his injury status (certainly wouldn't have helped), thus leading towards him not realising his potential, but the potential was certainly there.

Yep, good point.