Rik Mayall

Gemmill

So Haunt Me.

A sitcom about a Jewish ghost living with a Christian family.

:lol: I vaguely remember that.

How did that even get past being pitched as an idea?! :lol:

Akin to the ideas Alan atrridge comes up with after he's told he isn't getting a second series. :nufc:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Haunt Me.

A sitcom about a Jewish ghost living with a Christian family.

:lol: I vaguely remember that.

How did that even get past being pitched as an idea?! :lol:

Akin to the ideas Alan atrridge comes up with after he's told he isn't getting a second series. :nufc:

"Knowing M.E., Knowing You. Where I, Alan Partridge meet M.E. sufferers...." ;)

Anyone remember the Peter Principle?

Shamelessly, I did like that.

You can't beat a bit of Terry and June for the archetypal comedy though.

Legendary. I also enjoy The Goode life for some reason.

Citizen Smith is a classic.

The Good life had the huge bonus of Felicity Kendall in her prime though.

Felicity Kendal is one of those women who was fancied by dads the length and breadth of the country, but who wasn't really up to much at all imo.

I can't remeber the name of that awful Johnny Vaughn one, it might have already been mentioned.

'Orrible

How apt. I was just all his stuff about cockneys from the Big Breakfast stretched out over 6 episodes. He should have gone back inside for writing that piece of turd.

To Be Honest the BBC does have feminist undertones.

Plus he could have just been commenting on how shit little Brittian is for his anger at homosexuals. (even though there not lesbians)

Early Bottom was reasonably funny, but stuff like the young ones cant be touched as much as its mainly slapstick...

I can't remeber the name of that awful Johnny Vaughn one, it might have already been mentioned.

'Orrible

How apt. I was just all his stuff about cockneys from the Big Breakfast stretched out over 6 episodes. He should have gone back inside for writing that piece of turd.

I vaguely remember an episode that involved toilets, and selling them or something, which ended with them in the pub and a whole host of "hilarious" toilet puns after they chucked them in a river.

To Be Honest the BBC does have feminist undertones.

Plus he could have just been commenting on how shit little Brittian is for his anger at homosexuals. (even though there not lesbians)

Early Bottom was reasonably funny, but stuff like the young ones cant be touched as much as its mainly slapstick...

Vicar of Dibley

:lol:

'Orrible

I vaguely remember an episode that involved toilets, and selling them or something, which ended with them in the pub and a whole host of "hilarious" toilet puns after they chucked them in a river.

Most of it was set in a pub iirc. Vaughn was paid an obscene amount of money as well, I think. I'm sure he was tied to the beeb on a 6 figure contract.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Felicity Kendal is one of those women who was fancied by dads the length and breadth of the country, but who wasn't really up to much at all imo.

A 3-some with Felicity Kendall and Helen Mirren 'at that time' is the pinnacle of MILF fantasies. :lol:

The Vicar of Dibley is one of the worst comedies ever. Worse still, it's allowed Dawn French to continue her career as an alleged "funny woman".

One episode of the 'Jam and Jerusalem' confirms your suspiscions Gemma.

Felicity Kendall, despite not being 'stunning', definitely had something about her like.

It was all about her arse wasn't it?

It was a factor tbf. The sexy little minx.