Toontastic 5-a-side

Guest Patrokles

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wants to come but I will be away then :(:(

You're unhappy about that? Have a word with yourself :rolleyes:

not unhappy about going to see the Arctic Monkeys...unhappy that I won't be able to come along to Eldon Leisure and witness all the "fit" bodies :lol:;)

It'll be mid-afternoon on a weekend by the time we play, you'll be mortal and howling at the moon by then. :razz:

this is exactly why I want to come....to dispel all the alcoholic bullshit :( never mind I will just have to turn up at a match piss up instead...... but if you should find another date suits everyone better that will be fantoontastic :(

I can just imagine us all having a knockabout down on the courts at Eldon Leisure when you rock up looking like something off Bumfights, arguing like Muttley with an invisible foe, and then vomiting over the balcony onto the keeper. :icon_lol:

No fucking way I'm going in goal this time..... :rolleyes:

No head heights btw. Same as last time. Head height is for homs.

Agreed! :lol:

I'd argue the case for scrapping the 'nobody in the penalty area' rule too :icon_lol:

I'd argue the case for scrapping the 'nobody in the penalty area' rule too :icon_lol:

Can't say I agree with nobody in the penalty area on 5-a-side like.

I'm up for it Sundays and maybe Summer

were you in town today Magma ???in Eldon square about half twelvish ??

yeah was on my lunch

Hoy! Take it to pm you two! :lol:

sorry, was just asking an innocent question...don't want to be frowned upon for Pming young boys.... :icon_lol:

now..back to the football will you all be going out on the Friday night before also ??

A fair few of us did last year..

don't remind me :rolleyes:

Can't say I agree with nobody in the penalty area on 5-a-side like.

We've scrapped that rule when we play 5-a-side at work and it works well. And as a keeper, I prefer it as you lose that 'non-contact' bollocks!

Nobody in the area is an essential rule of 5-a-side!

An essential rule for 5-a-side is an indoor court and 5 players on each time. Enforcing nobody in the area is for homs man! :lol:

Certianly plenty of interest in this!

If we do end up with too many people for just 5 vs 5 in the summer, people suggested a tournament, but if we only have the court for an hour that won't mean that much time actually playing? Though we could try for 2 hours, or 2 courts for 1 hour perhaps?

And seems we may have enough for sundays as well! And if we're short i might be able to get 1 or 2 players.

Remember that last time we only took the hour because we were all off to the match in the afternoon. I doubt there'll be a game on so the opportunity for a longer session at 5-a-side will be there.

Personally I think the 'box rule' is essential if you're playing seriously, we do it in our league. But if its just a bunch of mates playing for a laugh, so to speak, its not really needed. So long as theres no goal hangers!!

'goal hangers' have their legs sweeped away by the keepers arms.....FACT

If thats the case how did Peter and Scott score so many against you then?

Fucking goal hanging?! :icon_lol: I was defending most of the time, with the odd surging run which invariably ended in a goal, or the keeper rueing getting in the way of my shot. :lol:

You're right though, scoring past Craig was no bother. :rolleyes:

If we're allowed in the area, I will score a scary number of goals. I'm Owen-esque in the area.

Do you get a stitch if you move any more? :lol:

Your legs are getting snapped Alowishus.

Neither of them scored against me actually - I'd moved out of goal by the time they started banging them in. Matt got a few though :lol:

Peter is bound to go on about his 'gazza-esque' turn and finish when he skinned me when i was in defence though :icon_lol:

If we're allowed in the area, I will score a scary number of goals. I'm Owen-esque in the area.

Does that mean Caths "play nice boys" rule doesn't count this year.. :icon_lol:

Neither of them scored against me actually - I'd moved out of goal by the time they started banging them in. Matt got a few though :lol:

Peter is bound to go on about his 'gazza-esque' turn and finish when he skinned me when i was in defence though :rolleyes:

I defo scored one against you, I'm sure. Although knowing your encyclopaedic knowledge of anything vaguely football related, you probably have this chronicled somewhere and will prove me wrong. :icon_lol:

Does that mean Caths "play nice boys" rule doesn't count this year.. :icon_lol:

Guaranteed that Isegrim will cry off at the last minute. Miss his flight or something. Stone. Cold. FEAR. :rolleyes:

Do you get a stitch if you move any more? :icon_lol:

Shall we post the images of you leaning against the post Scott?? :lol:

And you never scored a single goal past me shitbag :rolleyes:

Does that mean Caths "play nice boys" rule doesn't count this year.. :rolleyes:

Aye, bring it on Robinson :icon_lol:

Broke a guys shinpad in half with a tackle last week, be afraid. :rolleyes: