Toontastic 5-a-side

Guest Patrokles

I'm up for it Sundays and maybe Summer

were you in town today Magma ???in Eldon square about half twelvish ??

yeah was on my lunch

Hoy! Take it to pm you two! :lol:

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah was on my lunch

thought so :icon_lol: the dangers of posting your photo in your profile !!

Radgi after yet another young pup on the forum. Mothers and fathers lock up your son's! :lol:

yeah was on my lunch

sorry, was just asking an innocent question...don't want to be frowned upon for Pming young boys.... :icon_lol:

now..back to the football will you all be going out on the Friday night before also ??

Guest Patrokles

11 A Side is far more retrospective of your actual ability as all you need to have a canny 5-A-Side team is just having players who are fitter than the opposition.

Obviously for this sort of event 5-A-Side is the obvious choice.

11-a-side is shit without linesmen/offsides though. Ruins the game. 7-a-side would be alreet though.

Aye it is mate but you get were I'm coming from though with regards to the ability thing? as I used to be a canny passer of the ball and that but on a 5-A-Side pitch it's wasted.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Movement and speed of thought are vital in 5-a-side. It's a different kind of passing.

yeah was on my lunch

sorry, was just asking an innocent question...don't want to be frowned upon for Pming young boys.... :icon_lol:

now..back to the football will you all be going out on the Friday night before also ??

A fair few of us did last year..

No head heights btw. Same as last time. Head height is for homs.

You should really enforce that rule lad as due to your height advantage you could be knocking them in all day long. Then again god help us all against Peasepud.

No head heights btw. Same as last time. Head height is for homs.

You should really enforce that rule lad as due to your height advantage you could be knocking them in all day long. Then again god help us all against Peasepud.

I can't head the ball for toffee man. :icon_lol: It's my Bramble-esque passing I'm concerned about missing out on. :lol:

Guest Patrokles

how big are you then bobby? surely not 4 people big?

I wouldn't mess with him. He looks like one of those Harley riding types. One that listens to Boston.

DUN DUN DAKKA DAKKA DUN DUN MORE THAN A FEEEEELIN'

Guest Patrokles

fair enough, i don't think i asked anything out of turn.

i hear bobs big thats all.

no offence meant.

I wouldn't worry. I think my post was probably the more offensive of the two, in all fairness. :icon_lol: Bobby has a sense of humour, though. :lol:

I wouldn't worry. I think my post was probably the more offensive of the two, in all fairness. :icon_lol: Bobby has a sense of humour, though. :lol:

One look at the Smeeagains would counter that argument :rolleyes:

;)

:rolleyes:

Guest Patrokles

Out of interest, bobby, do you like Boston? There's a CD at the shop, a compilation of driving rock ballads, and it makes me think of you.

Certianly plenty of interest in this!

If we do end up with too many people for just 5 vs 5 in the summer, people suggested a tournament, but if we only have the court for an hour that won't mean that much time actually playing? Though we could try for 2 hours, or 2 courts for 1 hour perhaps?

And seems we may have enough for sundays as well! And if we're short i might be able to get 1 or 2 players.

The way you were on about it Neil mate it seemed you had some sort of a boot camp setup for us all to get fit in time for the summer. :lol:

The way you were on about it Neil mate it seemed you had some sort of a boot camp setup for us all to get fit in time for the summer. :lol:

:icon_lol:

Just regular sundays games, if people get fit thats a bonus for them! But it wouldn't be the same as last time if people were actually fit!

Guest Patrokles

If we do end up with too many people for just 5 vs 5 in the summer, people suggested a tournament, but if we only have the court for an hour that won't mean that much time actually playing? Though we could try for 2 hours, or 2 courts for 1 hour perhaps?

And seems we may have enough for sundays as well! And if we're short i might be able to get 1 or 2 players.

More people means that there will be more cash contributed, so we could book longer time without worry. Or seven/8 a side is possible on the bigger outdoor pitches.

More people means that there will be more cash contributed, so we could book longer time without worry. Or seven/8 a side is possible on the bigger outdoor pitches.

Yeah, see if people prefer the idea of booking 5-a-side longer, or risk testing the fitness on a 7/8-a-side pitch!