Sunderland

Guest stevieintoon

:lol:

The mackems are a bigger potential club than Spurs, easily

By far.

Then the mackems are bigger than us then, because Spurs definitely are. I stll consider them the 2nd biggest club in London, no matter how much money gets thrown at a yo-yo club on the kings road

That's why you're an idiot. We're richer, have more fans, bigger ground, we're a bigger name, more championships, they're no bigger than Everton to be fair, and certainly in real terms no bigger than the SMB. The day we fail to sell 33,000 tickets for a Semi Final against Sunderland is the day, Spurs are bigger than us. Nothing club. Why don't you go to Easter Road?

I think you'll find we're very far from richer than Spurs. Just because we have a bigger stadium than them, we're so much superior? Nice of you to bring up the two championships they have won, as it's the only honour we're ahead of them on, carelessly forgetting to mention they have won 8 FA Cups, 3 League Cups and 3 European trophies. When is the last time Spurs were relegated?

Oh and for the record, Everton are bigger than us as well.

The sad fact is, this how knowledgable our support is in 2007. Our support used to be the best, when it was 90% Tyneside based, this is the result of SKY and the Keegan days. :( I hate it.

I'm based on Tyneside and have been more or less since birth, ul

You don't know what you are, SCOTCH one day English the next. I wish you'd get a fucking job, so you and clueless people like you would stop spouting pish about a subject (namely football) which you know FUCK ALL about.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said mate. There's so many genuinely clueless people on these boards these days. "Tottenham a richer club than Newcastle", classic example, it's sad for the people who lived through the late 80's and mid 90's to find outsiders claiming to be Newcastle fans with no clue. I never thought it would be like this. Partly Murdoch, partly drug rehabilitation programs in Edinburgh and partly Taylor's fault people like "Sima" follow us now.

Accusing me of being a plastic :lol:, truly the last bastion of anyone struggling to find a footing in an argument. We've seen it all before, LM has used it countless times. You'll be calling me a "double wanker" next tbh.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong if you could provide balance sheets for both Newcastle and Spurs to make you dismiss my claims that Spurs are richer completely out of hand.

You don't know what you are, SCOTCH one day English the next. I wish you'd get a fucking job, so you and clueless people like you would stop spouting pish about a subject (namely football) which you know FUCK ALL about.

haha, every single statment on that post is utterly wrong. Not suprising though, it's hard to even argue straight with people who have the mental capacity of a newt.

Guest stevieintoon

Well said mate. There's so many genuinely clueless people on these boards these days. "Tottenham a richer club than Newcastle", classic example, it's sad for the people who lived through the late 80's and mid 90's to find outsiders claiming to be Newcastle fans with no clue. I never thought it would be like this. Partly Murdoch, partly drug rehabilitation programs in Edinburgh and partly Taylor's fault people like "Sima" follow us now.

Accusing me of being a plastic :lol:, truly the last bastion of anyone struggling to find a footing in an argument. We've seen it all before, LM has used it countless times. You'll be calling me a "double wanker" next tbh.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong if you could provide balance sheets for both Newcastle and Spurs to make you dismiss my claims that Spurs are richer completely out of hand.

We've had a far greater turnover than Spurs every year for the last 12 years at least, anyone with the foggiest clue is aware of this fact. Greater turnover can obviously mean bigger over heads, but the bigger turnover means we can afford higher wages etc.. the turnover for 05/06 has us as the biggest club who aren't in the Champions League at £87.1m, also our lowest in four years, Spurs turnover currently is a club record £74m, anybody with the most basic clue knows this. I didn't say you were a plastic, even plastics take a reasonable interest, you're a mug mate, you know fuck all, you're boring and your wind ups are shite.

We've had a far greater turnover than Spurs every year for the last 12 years at least, anyone with the foggiest clue is aware of this fact. Greater turnover can obviously mean bigger over heads, but the bigger turnover means we can afford higher wages etc.. the turnover for 05/06 has us as the biggest club who aren't in the Champions League at £87.1m, also our lowest in four years, Spurs turnover currently is a club record £74m, anybody with the most basic clue knows this. I didn't say you were a plastic, even plastics take a reasonable interest, you're a mug mate, you know fuck all, you're boring and your wind ups are shite.

Still no profit/loss records I see

Spurs making a profit here it seems

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4863534.stm

Potential means fuck all if you aren't fulfilling it tbh.

and, having a shit board, like the mackems have had, doesn't detract from the fact that you have a bigger club. As we had ourselves too for decades.

I didn't think you would understand that Gem, and I bet quite a lot of others don't either. The mackems are miles bigger than Spurs. The real shame is that people on here harp on about me talking about our takeover in 1992, but the reason I do that is most of you lot think football only started in 1992.

When did Spurs take 8,000 fans to an away game, they don't even take that many to away games in London.

By your criteria, all the teams who have won a domestic trophy since us and the mackems are bigger club, which of course is why I list the teams we have overtaken, for the simple reason that they were at the time they won those trophies and were better than us.

I will let you think about it.

Irony of this comment is that the only real suggestion that we are anywhere near as big as Spurs has been our record since this date.

thank you for confirming how far forward we have moved since the current board took over the club in 1992.

I suggest you go and look at who has had the highest league positions and more european qualifications since that date too, and the bigger crowds.

For your info too, we were bigger than club before the 1960's and the era of McKeag, Westwood, Seymour too etc ..... not that you would be intelligent enough to disregard a clubs history and looking at the bigger picture ....

:lol::(

Edited by LeazesMag

:(

aye, spot on that. He's a boring shite on the mackems board too.

Guest stevieintoon

Still no profit/loss records I see

Spurs making a profit here it seems

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4863534.stm

......... :lol: Is all I'm going to say. Stick to busking at the Viking Centre son.

and, having a shit board, like the mackems have had, doesn't detract from the fact that you have a bigger club. As we had ourselves too for decades.

I didn't think you would understand that Gem, and I bet quite a lot of others don't either. The mackems are miles bigger than Spurs. The real shame is that people on here harp on about me talking about our takeover in 1992, but the reason I do that is most of you lot think football only started in 1992.

When did Spurs take 8,000 fans to an away game, they don't even take that many to away games in London.

By your criteria, all the teams who have won a domestic trophy since us and the mackems are bigger club, which of course is why I list the teams we have overtaken, for the simple reason that they were at the time they won those trophies and were better than us.

Irony of this comment is that the only real suggestion that we are anywhere near as big as Spurs has been our record since this date.

thank you for confirming how far forward we have moved since the current board took over the club in 1992.

I suggest you go and look at who has had the highest league positions and more european qualifications since that date toom and the bigger crowds.

For your info too, we were bigger than club before the 1960's and the era of McKeag, Westwood, Seymour too etc ..... not that you would be intelligent enough to disregard a clubs history and looking at the bigger picture ....

Highest league posistions, european qualifications. blah, blah blah.

Oooooh, can I say Preston North End are bigger than the both of us? I wouldn't want to disregard history now would I?

Get some perspective ffs.

I suggest you go and look at who has had the highest league positions and more european qualifications since that date toom and the bigger crowds.

Oooooh, can I say Preston North End are bigger than the both of us? I wouldn't want to disregard history now would I?

Strange how looking in the past is irrelevant when it suits you. Get some perspective ....... :D:D

Leazes trying to have his cake and eat it. And failing.

Once upon a time, Alex, you used to put up an interesting debate.

Losing the plot are we ? Or do you realise you can't put up facts to show that I - and stevie too - are wrong ?

Strange how looking in the past is irrelevant when it suits you. Get some perspective ....... :lol::(

So Preston are bigger than us?

Cheers for clearing that up :D Does that make us sixth? Or less?

Edited by Sima

Strange how looking in the past is irrelevant when it suits you. Get some perspective ....... :D:D

So Preston are bigger than us?

Cheers for clearing that up :D Does that make us sixth? Or less?

Silly boy.

The sad thing is, you're so thick you don't understand, by YOUR criteria, ie the yids are bigger than the mackems, because they have won stuff, it's you who is saying they are .........

In actual fact, Preston WERE bigger - or better anyway - than us on occasions before 1992 ....... not that I expect you to believe that :lol::(

Edited by LeazesMag

Guest stevieintoon

......... :D Is all I'm going to say. Stick to busking at the Viking Centre son.

haha, still no proof of profit/loss.

Eh? What's this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6090306.stm

Oh dear......................

You're so incredibly dense. We make more money, we can afford to spend more money, you absolute idiot. Whether in one or two odd season we make an operating loss is utterly and completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. We made a profit of £12m in 03/04, again irrelevant, that was when we were in the Champions League when our turnover was over £30m higher than Tottenham, but hey they're a bigger richer club :lol: Last year I was working as self employed, I made a profit after my overheads of £17,000, so that must make me richer than the toon as well. :( This kid :D:D

Leazes trying to have his cake and eat it. And failing.

Once upon a time, Alex, you used to put up an interesting debate.

Losing the plot are we ? Or do you realise you can't put up facts to show that I - and stevie too - are wrong ?

The bit in bold, ffs - have you no sense of irony? :lol:

As for the 'facts', I've stated why I think the Mackems aren't as big as Spurs in this thread already. Not that it's something you can prove but I think most people would agree. Your sole reason behind the Mackems being bigger was them taking 8,000 to an away game in the Championship. I doubt Spurs would manage that but I would argue that Spurs never having been outside the top-flight in my lifetime makes them 'bigger' than a club that arguably has a larger potential fan-base.

Edited by alex

Guest stevieintoon

Yeah, where's your facts to back all of this up?

Haven't got any? Reduced to insulting to try to gain some ground?

Can't see any £12m profit here tbh. I'd welcome other figures though

http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/profits2.htm

Face it, you lose.

Now apologise :lol:

Pre-tax profit

Newcastle United plc today announced record operating profit in the year ending July 31 2003 of £27.6m (€38.9m).

The figure, which is before player trading and amortisation are taken into account, has been boosted by the club’s excellent run to the second group phase of the Champions League last season.

The fact is the fact we've always had a bigger turnover by far shows we have more to spend on transfers wages etc...

As for you lose, it's not about winning and losing you ridiculous tool, but for the record regardless who you're debating with, you've lost before you've started in all fairness.

Arguments about which clubs are biggest are pointless at best, and anyway, what does it matter? Fan base and success always get confused. What's more impressive, a 'small' club like Forest winning the European cup twice in a row or a 'big' club like us winning fuck all for 38 years in a row?

Spurs are a special case imo though, as they are always percieved as bigger than they really are due to the media love affair with them. I reckon they would win the award for the most hated club by normal fans though, and yes, I'd consider them to be 'bigger' than Sunderland but not us.

Btw, it's interesting to note that both Everton and Spurs (as well as Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, and ManU) are above us in the all time attendance league. Sunderland are not in the top 10.

Guest stevieintoon

wall1.jpg

product.jpg

2.jpg

:lol:

This lad today, and people in general now bring it all home to me how much it's fucked, watch this little clip, brings a tear to the eye.