Give Souness/ Freddy a few games

peasepud

Do you agree to give Souness a little time?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right, this has been bouncing round in a couple of threads so I reckon its time to get it in a thread of its own.

Personally, Ive been a critic of Souness and Fred however the last 24 hours have helped to slightly restore my faith in them. If nothing else then they're making all the right noises. Signing a world class striker from RM is a coup especially as we werent seen as having any chance of doing it. This following on the heels of Parker, Emre and Luque and now rumours of Nobby returning and suddenly we look like a possible contender (definitely not relegation material). Im still unsure about Souness, other than signings hes done nothing to give me faith that hes a good manager however as someone posted in another thread hes got balls (ie the flag in Fenerbaches centre circle stunt!) and now hes brought Owen to the Toon...

I say we give him a little time, stop getting on his back and see what happens. Agree a number of games and watch carefully, if after that time he still looks clueless then feed him to the lions.

Anyone agree?

whey haway then whoever you are, if you're gonna vote no you could at least give a reason!

23568[/snapback]

It takes bravery to stand up for what you believe in.....

I wonder where they scuttled off to!

Of course give the bloke a chance, but that doesn't mean because he's signed Owen and other great players he's immune to sacking. If we find ourselves still struggling in a few months, then the fact there's now several world-class players would give a greater reason for his sacking.

I've voted yes, but in hindsight can I add the condition that it must entail some ritual involving Asprilla's Foreskin's (and all his equally hilarious pseudonyms) innards?

Of course give the bloke a chance, but that doesn't mean because he's signed Owen and other great players he's immune to sacking. If we find ourselves still struggling in a few months, then the fact there's now several world-class players would give a greater reason for his sacking.

23573[/snapback]

Exactly and I dont think it should be a few months, if we aint seen an improvement from him on the tactics etc within a few games then hes fair meat for booting..

I voted no. Souness will still not be able to give us the goods.

Bells -> Owen

Robert -> Luque

Speed -> Parker

Plus Boom for Woodgate (who was a better player but spent as much time on the treatment table as Carl Cort) and Emre to possibly replace JJ and Nobby to possibly replace Nobby.

Theoretically if SBR had this squad at the start of the 03-04 season we would have been in the top two. Souness will get us no where near that.

I would love to be wrong mind.

Two games, then he's out. Anything short of 4 points from Fulham and Blackburn is simply not good enough. There can be no excuses now. None.

With all the nice shiny new players we have bought at a ludicrous expense, we should be able to attract the best managers.

If we keep this clueless manager then what's the point? Midtable mediocrity beckons.

I've voted yes, but in hindsight can I add the condition that it must entail some ritual involving Asprilla's Foreskin's (and all his equally hilarious pseudonyms) innards?

23576[/snapback]

I want you to know, that I think you are lamentable.

I had the balls to say that I thought the board and manager should be given a chance weeks ago. You are jumping on the bandwagon now because we signed Owen.

I have no respect for you.

I've voted to give him more time. With Owen on board and attempts to bring Nobby back Souness must be looking to revert to 4-4-2

If this is the case and a deal with Villa can be concluded in time how many teams have a better front six than this:

Solano--------Parker-----Emre---------Luque

----------------Shearer---Owen---------------

As far as Shepherd goes, I hold my hands up; I've given him a kicking on here as the summer has gone on and potential targets fell by the way side. He might talk before he thinks but you cannot fault his backing of managers or his ambition to bring in big names. I might even stop calling him Lard Lad.

Here come the whingers!

23580[/snapback]

I said in another thread I haven't seen us win in the league since January, and I'm a season ticket holder! Sorry like, but that's not good enough, I have every right to whinge.

If he gets us back on course for a top 4 finish then fair enough, but he won't, because he is useless!

23576[/snapback]

I had the balls to say that I thought the board and manager should be given a chance weeks ago. You are jumping on the bandwagon now because we signed Owen.

23590[/snapback]

Aww, did I offend the wittle man!

23576[/snapback]

23590[/snapback]

Aww, did I offend the wittle man!

23602[/snapback]

Nope.

Great comeback though. I'm reeling.

I voted no. Souness will still not be able to give us the goods.

Bells -> Owen

Robert -> Luque

Speed -> Parker

Plus Boom for Woodgate (who was a better player but spent as much time on the treatment table as Carl Cort) and Emre to possibly replace JJ and Nobby to possibly replace Nobby.

Theoretically if SBR had this squad at the start of the 03-04 season we would have been in the top two. Souness will get us no where near that.

I would love to be wrong mind.

23581[/snapback]

Thats all Im asking for, a little time to let things settle down and see how he does. We have to realise SBR doesnt have this squad Souness does.

Two games, then he's out. Anything short of 4 points from Fulham and Blackburn is simply not good enough. There can be no excuses now. None.

With all the nice shiny new players we have bought at a ludicrous expense, we should be able to attract the best managers.

If we keep this clueless manager then what's the point? Midtable mediocrity beckons.

23582[/snapback]

Fair enough, however I reckon three just to let them bed in and get used to working together.

Nope.

23606[/snapback]

Just so we're straight bud, I don't think anyone on this forum thinks you're anything but a laughing stock. But I've seen you lump everyone in one bucket for a few days now so I'll try to make it easy on you (I'm sure individual opinions are difficult for you to keep track of). And this is the short hand version.

-I've always backed Freddy, I think as Chairman go he's one of the better ones.

-Souness had my support until the West Ham game. I know what he can and can't do for us and I've always stated it. This last week of transfers means he gets till the end of the month from me, as gratitiude, then I want to take a chance on Shearer until the end of the season.

I'm one of the people who pretty much agrees with your stance but I'm intelligent enough to realise that you are a fuckwit. People like you always eat yourselves.

Nope.

23606[/snapback]

Just so we're straight bud, I don't think anyone on this forum thinks you're anything but a laughing stock. But I've seen you lump everyone in one bucket for a few days now so I'll try to make it easy on you (I'm sure individual opinions are difficult for you to keep track of). And this is the short hand version.

-I've always backed Freddy, I think as Chairman go he's one of the better ones.

-Souness had my support until the West Ham game. I know what he can and can't do for us and I've always stated it. This last week of transfers means he gets till the end of the month from me, as gratitiude, then I want to take a chance on Shearer until the end of the season.

I'm one of the people who pretty much agrees with your stance but I'm intelligent enough to realise that you are a fuckwit. People like you always eat yourselves.

23625[/snapback]

Why do I get the feeling that I'm interacting with a sheep?

I don't lump everyone here together.

I am laughing at how wound up people get over an internet forum.

As for you, I wish you all the best in the future. Do try and do something significant.

Oh sorry mate, did you take that as a come on? I know you're used to mixing the signals but that was a pretty clear fuck off.

Don't cry, I know you get this from the birds alot, but it will work out for you in the end, I promise. We're just not the people to help you.

Oh sorry mate, did you take that as a come on?  I know you're used to mixing the signals but that was a pretty clear fuck off.

Don't cry, I know you get this from the birds alot, but it will work out for you in the end, I promise.  We're just not the people to help you.

23679[/snapback]

You're a prick. :fuk:

BTW what's with the "we"?

Can't you speak for yourself?

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin