Who was/is Shearer's best strike partner?

Craig

Who was/is Shearer's best strike partner at NUFC?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who's the best partner in Shearer's time at SJP? (Yeah OK, you'll have to judge his partnership with Owen on England performances or just guess!)

Bellamy.

Not as productive as the Sir Les combo but KK's side was so compact and so fluid, they weren't really partners, they operated all over the forward line, right left and centre and they also had some top quality supplying the bullets.

As I remember, Sir Les and Big Al didn't link up as such or work off one another, not like Bellamy and Shearer did.

So I say Bellamy. That was a fearsome partnership and one that had it's mutual benefits which is what a partnership is all about. Neither could fully operate without the other where as Sir Les and Shearer didn't really need each other.

Bellamy was Shearer's legs and movement and Shearer was Bellamy's shield, he'd draw defenders away, shield the ball for him, play him in and feed on knock-downs.

A mutual partnership.

BTW Shearer has played alongside Ameobi more times than any other striker in his time at Newcastle. How many goals would he have scored if he has Sir Les, Beardsley and Ginola alongside him for 9 years?

I think he'd be looking for 6 goals to reach 300 never mind 200.

Bellamy.

Not as productive as the Sir Les combo but KK's side was so compact and so fluid, they weren't really partners, they operated all over the forward line, right left and centre and they also had some top quality supplying the bullets.

As I remember, Sir Les and Big Al didn't link up as such or work off one another, not like Bellamy and Shearer did.

So I say Bellamy. That was a fearsome partnership and one that had it's mutual benefits which is what a partnership is all about. Neither could fully operate without the other where as Sir Les and Shearer didn't really need each other.

Bellamy was Shearer's legs and movement and Shearer was Bellamy's shield, he'd draw defenders away, shield the ball for him, play him in and feed on knock-downs.

A mutual partnership.

BTW Shearer has played alongside Ameobi more times than any other striker in his time at Newcastle. How many goals would he have scored if he has Sir Les, Beardsley and Ginola alongside him for 9 years?

I think he'd be looking for 6 goals to reach 300 never mind 200.

23747[/snapback]

Nice post. With Owen along side him it looks like a return of the Battering Ram / Whippet combo.