Cards and La Liga

MattM4

Is it? Each to his own I guess. It can be at times, when people aren't rolling about.

I think so like. The rolling about and general petulance does grate a bit like - point taken.

It can be totally brilliant... Maybe it has to do with the pace of the game being faster here, people just "lay into each other" more, lol.

But when you add certain Liga players' tendancy to constantly go over with card happy refs, it makes the watching rather petty/painful.

It can be totally brilliant... Maybe it has to do with the pace of the game being faster here, people just "lay into each other" more, lol.

But when you add certain Liga players' tendancy to constantly go over with card happy refs, it makes the watching rather petty/painful.

Fair point. Up to the Spanish FA (PFA?) to cut it out though. The more dives, the more yellows I guess. :icon_lol:

There were 10 yellows in the Zaragoza v Barca game, and 6 in the Bilbao v Valencia match, including one after 2 minutes!

Granted I haven't seen the incident, but it happens so often, and I simply cannot understand dishing out that early.

There were 10 yellows in the Zaragoza v Barca game, and 6 in the Bilbao v Valencia match, including one after 2 minutes!

Granted I haven't seen the incident, but it happens so often, and I simply cannot understand dishing out that early.

That's ridiculous like. :icon_lol: Didn't see it either but I'm guessing the ref booked someone early and set the benchmark for the rest of the game...

Surely these bookings tot up over the course of the season though? Does the Spanish FA have the '5 yellows = 1 match ban', '10 yellows = 2 match ban' etc?

They always seem to look far more comfortable when in possession. Their touch and movement seem better too. Maybe it's just me?

Agreed, something the English could learn from though doesn't always equate success in the PL as Arsenal have demostrated. Though the Spanish always seem to have a ridiculous number of cards shown in each game.

They always seem to look far more comfortable when in possession. Their touch and movement seem better too. Maybe it's just me?

Agreed, something the English could learn from though doesn't always equate success in the PL as Arsenal have demostrated. Though the Spanish always seem to have a ridiculous number of cards shown in each game.

Aye, the English games tend to be more exciting and 'end-to-end' but the better football is played in the Spanish League. Still cheating twats though...

Wonder what would happen if the 2 sets of referees switched leagues for a month? :icon_lol: Fucking anarchy!

Given a choice between the PL and La Liga I'd go for the PL every time. Perhaps I've been sucked into the belief that the PL is more 'exciting@ but it seems to be every time I watch the two although that could be put down to home bias.

Given a choice between the PL and La Liga I'd go for the PL every time. Perhaps I've been sucked into the belief that the PL is more 'exciting@ but it seems to be every time I watch the two although that could be put down to home bias.

That's fair comment. I prefer the Premiership but like a bit of Spanish football too. Seen some awful games from the Spanish League but the likes of Valencia and Seville are excellent to watch.

Quality of theatrical death scenes is higher though...

Aye but Ronaldo will still win death scene of the season when he goes there without a doubt.

the touch and control of the ball that people harp on about would be as prevalent in the English game if they had half as long on the ball imo.

the emphasis in SPain is most definitely creation and so the "flair" players get the benefits of time and space and mostimportantly they get the benefit of the doubt from the ref, meaning more freekicks in dangerous areas.

the touch and control of the ball that people harp on about would be as prevalent in the English game if they had half as long on the ball imo.

Touch and control is something a hell of alot of British players are lacking. Though you could argue that most teams in the premiership don't actually play that many English/Brits.

I prefer La Liga and think the premiership over the last couple of years has got worse.

Cause they aren't pressured so much, Luque looked good in that league. In the Premiership you've got to give and go really, none of the poncing about.

Touch and control is something a hell of alot of British players are lacking. Though you could argue that most teams in the premiership don't actually play that many English/Brits.

I prefer La Liga and think the premiership over the last couple of years has got worse.

Technically the England national team is light years behind the likes of Portugal and Spain. We laud box to box players that have a 'terrific engine' and that can hit a shot/long pass pretty well but are lacking in control and touch.

Technically the England national team is light years behind the likes of Portugal and Spain. We laud box to box players that have a 'terrific engine' and that can hit a shot/long pass pretty well but are lacking in control and touch.

I am not sure. While there is no doubt that the players from other nations do have more technical ability there is enough quality for decent football. Looking at what Klinsmann/Löw got out of Jormany just during the last two years indicates what you can get out of players with decent coaching. It's even more amazing when you consider how little time national managers have with their team.