Sick days

MrMiyagi

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always looked upon sick leave as at least another extra ten days annual leave. When I was at Longbenton I even went as far as enrolling to do an NVQ, of which i had no intention of completing, just for the 8 days special leave you got with it.

In one year I got 25 days annual leave, my 8 days for the ghost NVQ and around 4 months sick on top of that.

Why the fuck i left that place I'll never know.

Doesn't matter where you work you're just a number, milk it i say.

Whaaaaaat? 58 days?! The Dutch people that work for my company get 50 days I think (it's a Dutch company). The plebs that they have working for them in other countries get half that though. :(

Thats the beauty of working "continental" shifts, 12hr days, 12hr nights, weekends, bank holidays, often doing 50hrs+ a week, they do "reward" me with some time off, and by then I fucking need it.

Aye I'd happily do that sort of system tbh. Pretty much what doctors and norses do iirc?

I always looked upon sick leave as at least another extra ten days annual leave. When I was at Longbenton I even went as far as enrolling to do an NVQ, of which i had no intention of completing, just for the 8 days special leave you got with it.

In one year I got 25 days annual leave, my 8 days for the ghost NVQ and around 4 months sick on top of that.

:(

:(

It was, I done the first couple of pieces then when she came to visit me again i said I'd forgot my file, then she was off sick herself. The next time I deliberately booked the day off. By this time I'd had my eight days and she and the NVQ were no longer of any use to me so I went on the sick with my bad shoulder, which was actually bad just not as bad as them cocksuckers thought.

Sometimes I would have a sicky just to annoy SMO

I thought it was because you'd had a wank in the lasses bogs? :(

I thought it was because you'd had a wank in the lasses bogs? :(

Could be right.

Never bothered when i was working there. Already enough odd balls knocking about without me getting caught with my trousers down(excuse the pun).

Tbh I was always frightened incase someone booted the door then booted my back doors after catching me unawares.

Never bothered when i was working there. Already enough odd balls knocking about without me getting caught with my trousers down(excuse the pun).

Tbh I was always frightened incase someone booted the door then booted my back doors after catching me unawares.

It has been done tbh,

although the two lads caught were let off without any action as (and I quote) "they were keyed out at the time" :(

Working from home is a right c-word, it's so much harder to fake illness when the sofa where you'll be spending the day is two steps away from where you work.

It has been done tbh,

although the two lads caught were let off without any action as (and I quote) "they were keyed out at the time" :(

SMO knows a couple of birds who caught flicking as well. Theyw ere suspended i think. You'll have seen them Pud, one loks like the nanny from count duckula and the other like Joe 90

My mate had an assigment in late because he went to watch the AZ away game. They said he needed a doctor's note to avoid being penalised. So he went, the doctor took his blood pressure and noticed it was high, so he's having to get blood tests and all sorts now.

Not surprised tbh, he's a bit of a podgy fucker and hopefully this will get him to lose some weight.

I rarely take sickies cos it just means more work. i think I get about 12/13 weeks off a year and work during most of them. Typical working day at work is 9-3:30 but then there is the marking and planning. Didnt finish til midnight last night. Similar tonight but its better than a proper job.

I rarely take sickies cos it just means more work. i think I get about 12/13 weeks off a year and work during most of them. Typical working day at work is 9-3:30 but then there is the marking and planning. Didnt finish til midnight last night. Similar tonight but its better than a proper job.

Don't get all precious. It is a proper job, just with incredibly priviliged annual leave entitlement.

PS teachers always refer to bringing work home with them (ie marking) as though it's something no other professionals have to do. :(

PS teachers always refer to bringing work home with them (ie marking) as though it's something no other professionals have to do. :(

Manc Mag in blatant attempt to make out hes a professional.

Guest Patrokles

Sick days can and should be used as a supplement to annual leave where you feel your annual leave is inadequate. No guilt is necessary.

Well my annual leave is definitely inadequate...

How inadequate?

Well I'm entitled to 27 days + bank holidays etc. But in reality, the last day off I had outside of the normal holidays (christmas, new year etc) was last year during the world cup!

Shit, thompie, McDonalds really are fuckers.

Sick days can and should be used as a supplement to annual leave where you feel your annual leave is inadequate. No guilt is necessary.

How inadequate?

Well I'm entitled to 27 days + bank holidays etc. But in reality, the last day off I had outside of the normal holidays (christmas, new year etc) was last year during the world cup!

Shit, thompie, McDonalds really are fuckers.

Which would explain why you were conceived there...

How inadequate?

Well I'm entitled to 27 days + bank holidays etc.

You've got more than most you ungrateful fuck.

I try not to take anaesthetised patients home. I find it's a real pain in the arse trying to keep them alive :)

I try not to take anaesthetised patients home. I find it's a real pain in the arse trying to keep them alive :)

Can an anaesthetised man get a hard on is the pertinant question....

Can an anaesthetised man get a hard on is the pertinant question....

What sick fantasy are you indulging in? :)