Exercise starts today

gram

Had enough of minor beer gut and need rid of the old bitch tits. Need a bit more energy too.

So how do i do this?

Well I reckon I will:

1. Stop smoking (dont 1and a half days so far)

2. Run 3 times a week (thinking 3 miles each time is enough)

3. Do some exercise on a morning before work - although this is proving hard as I like a lie in.

4. Eat a bit more healthily.

Have I missed out so far?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

instead of driving to work, or however you get to work, walk there.

I live 7 miles from work. I might start to cycle there.

Edited by gram

I work out every day, but only have been doing it for the last 3 weeks. Healthy eating is probably more important that the working out bit. I always think I'm going to get up early and go for a run, but never do.

Going to the gym's the only thing that's worked for me, I don't have the willpower to exercise in my own time and to my own pattern. Boring as hell, but that's what iPods are for...

Progress:

Still no tabs (obviously)

About a 2 mile run done

about 20 minutes of dumbell exercises on me little exercise bench

Done 100 sit ups, some of those ab crunch things

A very puny 30 press ups cos I was fucked but rome wasnt built in a day!

Right, do I do that every day?

If so, what the fuck do i eat? starvin now.

Is it all pasta or what? Not livin on salad like. any links to a healthy living diet for a lad who who doesnt want a beer gut or bitch tits anymore?

Fruit and veg + protein. Skip the carbs. Short term at least.

Didn't think you were the type to be into this. Thought you were just an over the hill stoner. :lol:

If so, what the fuck do i eat? starvin now.

Is it all pasta or what? If you food optimise you cant go wrong eat carbs one day and dont mix them with proteins, basically you can eat massive amounts of the right foods and lose weight and youll not be starvin, then you can have a day meat eating its how you eat things and remember its not a diet........DARE I EAT THAT? try it its worked well for me along with excercise. :lol:

Gym every morning at 6:30 for an hour - an hour and a half (8 am weekends)

Eat what the hell you like after that!

That's what I used to do because I am useless at food making/preparing... But if you know how to healthy and what to eat, then it's a big bonus I'm sure.

You want to eat low GI Foods mised in with medium GI foods.

The low GI means that the sugars are slow release and you get a balanced energy level for the day.

What exercise do you do at the moment?

Most people put on a bit of weight when they stop smoking so it might get worse before it starts to get better.

The basic rule is burn off more calories than you consume. So cut out as much high fat, high sugar stuff as you can and don't snack between meals.

Can you do a month off the beer? That worked wonders for my brother.

Guest alex

Fruit and veg + protein. Skip the carbs. Short term at least.

Didn't think you were the type to be into this. Thought you were just an over the hill stoner. :lol:

I'm not into the uber-homosexual weightlifting stuff like you if that's what you mean :shades:;)

Most people put on a bit of weight when they stop smoking so it might get worse before it starts to get better.

The basic rule is burn off more calories than you consume. So cut out as much high fat, high sugar stuff as you can and don't snack between meals.

I read somewhere its a myth that you eat more when you stop smoking, most people do it because they have heard it.

Your diet should consit of the following:

1 porion of junk food in modortaion a day

1-2 portions of healthy fat a day (Omega 3, mackeral, salmon the like)

2-4 Protein Rich foods a day

2-4 Calcium rich foods a day

4-6 Portions of carbs per day

3-5 protions of veg per day

2-4 portions of fruit per day

mixed with excercise you should feel miles better ;)

I am doing a 100k Meridia this weekend and cant wait :lol:

I read somewhere its a myth that you eat more when you stop smoking, most people do it because they have heard it.

And plenty of Sexcercise aswell.

And plenty of Sexcercise aswell.

Hmmm :shades:

Thats not fair for a man in my position @yours marra :(

Cheers for the advice.

All of that in a day? i'll be hte size of a hoose!!

Anyway, bearing i was born in the sixties and we used to each anythign and everything, can you give me examples of where I can get protein and calcium. How big is a portion?

currently having rice, with peas, butter beans and steamed haddock!

Ignore everyone’s routine. Set yourself a goal for week 1, and start by making gradual steps instead of throwing everything in there you’re normally not used to doing.

Your body has to adapt so to start off I'd choose at least two activities you think you'd enjoy doing for the first week. It could be the same activity twice a week. As mentioned previously swimming or getting on your bike would be great and more ideal as a gym can be quite intimidating to start off with some people.

It's always a good idea to train with a friend/partner, etc, to motivate and help each other too so if you can do that it would be even better.

If you want to start eating healthier too, have a look at this website, for example, and get yourself to your nearest food store. Again, don't clam too much in; try at least one or two healthy meals/recipes a week.

http://www.tesco.com/recipes/

That's week 1 done and already you've achieved a lot. Your taking part in activities you enjoy doing and your eating healthier.

It depends on your current condition when it comes to 'eating what you want' as long as you exercise...! A mate of mine does that, but he is physically fit & strong so he has a higher metabolism to which he'd burn more calories than I would a day.