Exercise starts today

gram

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the recipes Boyo. They are spot on! Never knew they existed. I'm getting my bike out to take to work for someone with more practical skill than me to fix.

Went for a swim for the first time in ages tonight, part of the pool was closed for aerobics so one length was about 20m, ended up doing 32 lengths, think that's not too bad, will be looking to improve next timer though.

32 lengths of a 25m pool = only half a mile. Feels like much further when you're actually doing it though :lol:

Went for a swim for the first time in ages tonight, part of the pool was closed for aerobics so one length was about 20m, ended up doing 32 lengths, think that's not too bad, will be looking to improve next timer though.

32 lengths of a 25m pool = only half a mile. Feels like much further when you're actually doing it though :lol:

Breaststroke is nice but if you do it front crawl then you really do begin to know about it. No pervyness meant in this comment.

Doesn't matter about how long you swim for, or how many kgs you lift, etc. Christ! :lol: Everyone's different, we all have our limitations to start off with. I'd really refer back to the lines I've been going along in terms of how hard you feel your working yourself. Everyone has a different level of fitness so no one can really say try and do 56 laps just using toes...! :shades: Go at your own pace and if you start to feel a bit tired, push yourself a little bit, then take a rest and try and do some more laps if you like. ;)

Cheers for the recipes Boyo. They are spot on! Never knew they existed. I'm getting my bike out to take to work for someone with more practical skill than me to fix.

No problem at all. They actually come in handy for work. Gonna try one this saturday for wor' lass. :lol:

Gram, I have a spreadsheet that has portions and recipies on etc that will help you guage what you are eating, ill PDF them and send it over marra :lol:

Also try and mix your sports, I bike at least 3 times a week but play football once a week too. If I miss footy for a couple of weeks and go back to it I am fubard, this is even when I am biking, its differnt exercise you see and it works you out in different ways.

Edited by wykikitoon

Going to the gym's the only thing that's worked for me, I don't have the willpower to exercise in my own time and to my own pattern. Boring as hell, but that's what iPods are for...

So going to the gym isn't done in your own time? Whose time is it taking up then and shouldn't you ask them if it's ok to take up their time at said gym? Selfish cocktaster! :lol:

;) I've just got back, I do 50. I should be going for 64 but I'm too slow. To get the most effect out of swimming you have to keep a good constant pace. It's no good doing two lengths, having a rest , two lengths, having a rest etc. You've got to keep the heart rate up.

:( I've just got back, I do 50. I should be going for 64 but I'm too slow. To get the most effect out of swimming you have to keep a good constant pace. It's no good doing two lengths, having a rest , two lengths, having a rest etc. You've got to keep the heart rate up.

I can only manage about 25 :shades: I blame that on my smoking and the pool being Olympic size tho ;)

:blush: I've just got back, I do 50. I should be going for 64 but I'm too slow. To get the most effect out of swimming you have to keep a good constant pace. It's no good doing two lengths, having a rest , two lengths, having a rest etc. You've got to keep the heart rate up.

I can only manage about 25 :( I blame that on my smoking and the pool being Olympic size tho :shades:

I am sure you can manage more than 25 lengths in a night Radgie. :(

Anyway, managed to get up early for a run and some exercise. Same as yesterdays. Now to find something to eat. ;)

I'm gonna start doing some exercise like. When I turn up at the summer pissup it'll be like when the Fish turned up that time, only in reverse (ie I won't look like the Goodyear blimp).

Think I'll get the bike out this weekend and maybe go for a run along the beach. I'm gonna wear a cropped T-shirt like Sly and Apollo do in Rocky III.

"First you gotta get speed, demon speed! Speed's what we need, we need greasy fast speed!"

Edited by Gemmill

Guest alex

I'm gonna start doing some exercise like. When I turn up at the summer pissup it'll be like when the Fish turned up that time, only in reverse (ie I won't look like the Goodyear blimp).

Think I'll get the bike out this weekend and maybe go for a run along the beach. I'm gonna wear a cropped T-shirt like Sly and Apollo do in Rocky III.

"First you gotta get speed, demon speed! Speed's what we need, we need greasy fast speed!"

Remember: There is no tomorrow.

Guest alex

With that sort of inspirational patter, you can be my Mickey. :lol:

Apollo Creed says it in the scene you've just described in Rocky III you plonker ;)

With that sort of inspirational patter, you can be my Mickey. ;)

Apollo Creed says it in the scene you've just described in Rocky III you plonker :shades:

:lol: Sorry, I couldn't remember that bit. Apollo is nails like. "See that look in their eyes, Rock? You gotta get that look back, Rock. Eye of the tiger, man. Eye of the tiger."

me in reverse?

so a short fat hairy charver? ;) I don't think you could pull that look off Scott, not with the ginger hair and Eurasure t-shirt as well ...

I swear by Basketball by the way, lose weight tone up the more visible muscles and have a laugh while you're at it. :lol:

Guest alex

me in reverse?

so a short fat hairy charver? ;) I don't think you could pull that look off Scott, not with the ginger hair and Eurasure t-shirt as well ...

I swear by Basketball by the way, lose weight tone up the more visible muscles and have a laugh while you're at it. :lol:

Team sport/having a laugh with your mates is the best form of exercise imo like. Although I prefer footie mesel lyke.

me in reverse?

I meant not looking like a bald Russel Grant actually. :shades:

me in reverse?

so a short fat hairy charver? :( I don't think you could pull that look off Scott, not with the ginger hair and Eurasure t-shirt as well ...

I swear by Basketball by the way, lose weight tone up the more visible muscles and have a laugh while you're at it. :shades:

Team sport/having a laugh with your mates is the best form of exercise imo like. Although I prefer footie mesel lyke.

I enjoy playing football, but I've quickly realised (after leaving school) I'm really not that good at it :blush:;)

Basketball is easier, less people are outstandingly good at it so everyone seems better by comparison (like ten pin Bowling and Pool) and because expectations are lower, failure is easier to bear :lol::(