Boro's new badge

Ketsbaia

I think their current one looks better. I notice that they've dropped the reference to 1986 and gone back to their original founded date...

I see no problem with changing crests. Football clubs are companies at the end of the day and they change their logos to reflect the times.

So you'd be in favour then of corporately branding SJP?

I see no problem with changing crests. Football clubs are companies at the end of the day and they change their logos to reflect the times.

It's just the reality of the situation. I wouldn't exactly say I'm in favour of 30 quid tickets but I accept that's the way it is.

JJB Park?

Guest alex

I think their current one looks better. I notice that they've dropped the reference to 1986 and gone back to their original founded date...

Just what I was thinking.

Football clubs like Arsenal changed their badge because of copyright. No-one knew who held the copyright for the orginal cannon etc and due to shirt sales bringing in a lot of cash they were terrified of some fuckwit appearing one day with the copyright and demanding loadsamoney!!

Not sure if NUFC changed theirs for the same reason (Christ, they must have changed the badge here about four or five times since I started supporting them - oldfantastic :lol: ).

Perhaps boro are changing theirs due to copyright. Who knows?

Guest alex

Football clubs like Arsenal changed their badge because of copyright. No-one knew who held the copyright for the orginal cannon etc and due to shirt sales bringing in a lot of cash they were terrified of some fuckwit appearing one day with the copyright and demanding loadsamoney!!

Not sure if NUFC changed theirs for the same reason (Christ, they must have changed the badge here about four or five times since I started supporting them - oldfantastic :lol: ).

Perhaps boro are changing theirs due to copyright. Who knows?

I can remember 3 different toon badges in my time and me Dad had an away top with the badge before that (the City Crest I think).

The four I'm aware of are the city crest, the castle with the magpie in front of it, the NUFC ball and the current one.

We've not had a change in 19 years, perhaps it'll be us next :lol:

The four I'm aware of are the city crest, the castle with the magpie in front of it, the NUFC ball and the current one.

We've not had a change in 19 years, perhaps it'll be us next :lol:

FUCK ME! Is it 19 years?? Jings! We must be due a new one now.

It is only around 5 years, or so, that they 'downsized' the badge to the piddly little thing we have now. Done, of course, to save on costs and increase profit from us - fletchertastic ;)

It will probably be a magpie picking at a discarded pasty..

Or a fat oaf, dressed in a toon top, who appears rather partial to pies/pasties etc. Hmmm, I wonder who they could get to model for it....?

Aye I remember when it changed, it was the summer we sold Gazza because the following season we got relegated and I remember hating the new badge.

Counting back, I make that 1988.

Or a fat oaf, dressed in a toon top, who appears rather partial to pies/pasties etc. Hmmm, I wonder who they could get to model for it....?

We should work a crest around this:

:lol:

We should work a crest around this:

:lol:

No, no, no, that wont do. If you look closely, you will see that that is a 5th best shit!