SAM TO CASH IN

Jimbo

SAM TO CASH IN

EXCLUSIVE

By Ray Ryan

SAM ALLARDYCE will be given around £40million to rebuild Newcastle yet his first signing is likely to cost nothing.

The ex-Bolton chief will be unveiled as Toon boss within the next few days.

He has agreed to replace Glenn Roeder and been promised a war chest to launch the Geordies into the top five.

Allardyce will get £15m up front and can re-invest cash generated by sales.

I understand Toon will listen to offers for Kieron Dyer, Scott Parker, Emre and Oba Martins — and that could generate a further £25m to invest.

Rejected

Yet Big Sam's first signing is likely to be striker Mark Viduka.

The Aussie star is out of contract and has so far rejected a new deal at Middlesbrough, so would cost nothing.

Allardyce told Toon chairman Freddy Shepherd at a meeting on Friday in London that he will take the reins.

Yet the club refuse to comment publicly until the deal is finally complete.

Shepherd is acutely aware his attempts at landing his previous top managerial targets backfired spectacularly at the last minute when he was rejected by both Steve Bruce and Martin O'Neill.

But Newcastle are hoping to officially unveil Allardyce as their new manager by Wednesday.

Assuming for a second it's true, that would be £12m plus compensation for Allardyce, £40m for new players and a fair bit of money for Allardyce's new backroom staff - where would all the money come from?

Assuming for a second it's true, that would be £12m plus compensation for Allardyce, £40m for new players and a fair bit of money for Allardyce's new backroom staff - where would all the money come from?

FS always backs his managers [/leazes]

I would be amazed if that figure is anywhere near the real figure. I guess it includes the £9m for Owen though.

How much will be channeled though his son's company I wonder???

Probably about half as much that has been through Shepherd Offshore.

I would be amazed if that figure is anywhere near the real figure. I guess it includes the £9m for Owen though.

Think it included £25m altogether from player sales.

True, I misread the article. £15m up front plus cash from player sales. That sounds far more realistic. I wouldn't mind if we sold Dyer as long as we can still get good money for him. £80,000 a week, FFS.

No chance of getting £25m for Parker, Emre, Martins and Dyer though.

I think we could.

Parker would be somewhere between £5-10m. England squad player adds on a few million and all that.

Martins could be £15m+. We just signed him for 10m and he's had a decent season scoring goals so I don't see why not.

So then between £0-5m for Emre and Dyer.

No?

Wouldn't be far off that figure in my opinion:

Martins £10m

Parker £4m

Emre £3m

Dyer £3m

£20m would be a realistic return.

£10m for Parker? This is Newcastle we're talking about. Who was the last player we sold for anything like the amount we paid for them?

We'd get £4m for Parker, £3m for Emre, £10m for Martins and £2m for Dyer. Tops.

EDIT: Great minds Jimbo :D

£10m for Parker? This is Newcastle we're talking about. Who was the last player we sold for anything like the amount we paid for them?

We have Big Sam now (or soon). He'll sort it out.

And I did say up to £10m for Parker. We signed him for £6.5m and, although he has his doubters on here, the rest of the Premiership thinks he's been great for us. We got £5m for Jenas (who's now being rumoured with a £10m(!) move to Everton) so I'm sure we could get more for Parker.

I'd also expect to make a profit on Oba if he was sold.

We have Big Sam now (or soon). He'll sort it out.

And I did say up to £10m for Parker. We signed him for £6.5m and, although he has his doubters on here, the rest of the Premiership thinks he's been great for us. We got £5m for Jenas (who's now being rumoured with a £10m(!) move to Everton) so I'm sure we could get more for Parker.

I'd also expect to make a profit on Oba if he was sold.

We got about £9m with clauses for Jenas :D

If this were true (getting rid), than why not;

Parker 6m

Emre 3m

Martins 11m

Dyer 6m

I don't want Martins to go but hey, Big Sam has his own ideas, and if it means selling these four, than 25m is not unrealistic.

Here we go again wanting to sign over the hill past it players :D

Who is that then?

Viduka's getting on now aint he? plus he's fat,although that seems to be the trend at SJP these days.

If your fat your in!

Who is that then?

Viduka's getting on now aint he? plus he's fat,although that seems to be the trend at SJP these days.

If your fat your in!

28 starts, 17 goals and 5+ assists this season. Yep we are too good for that shite!

Not sure whether I want to see Martins sold or not. His touch is absolutely terrible, but he has the ability to be a very good player in the future. Hopefully a manager who seems to have a clue could get more out of him rather than selling him at the first opportunity...

Wouldn't mind seeing Parker go with Nolan and Ben Haim joining.

Who is that then?

If your fat your in!

28 starts, 17 goals and 5+ assists this season. Yep we are too good for that shite!

All that while agitating for a move. Top player.

Not sure whether I want to see Martins sold or not. His touch is absolutely terrible, but he has the ability to be a very good player in the future. Hopefully a manager who seems to have a clue could get more out of him rather than selling him at the first opportunity...

Wouldn't mind seeing Parker go with Nolan and Ben Haim joining.

Nolan is just as bad as Parker.