Gavin & Stacey

Smooth Operator

Saw a bit of it when the lad came to the lass's door and they thought he was Jehova's Witness. That was canny funny.

It's the first time I've ever seen any programme with Rob Brydon, I think he's really funny on talk shows but I've never fancied any of his shows.

I thought it was ok. The lad who plays Gavin is in a very promising show called Roman's Empire(*Thursdays, BBC2, 9.30). It's a bit like Arrested Development. Very good show.

Best part of the show last night was Brydon by a mile. He has another show called Anually Retentive, which was on last night on BBC3, it's done like Alan Partidge. Check it out if you like Brydon, he's an utter tool in it.

I thought it was ok. The lad who plays Gavin is in a very promising show called Roman's Empire(*Thursdays, BBC2, 9.30). It's a bit like Arrested Development. Very good show.

Best part of the show last night was Brydon by a mile. He has another show called Anually Retentive, which was on last night on BBC3, it's done like Alan Partidge. Check it out if you like Brydon, he's an utter tool in it.

I've caught bits of that a few times. Canny funny from what I've seen, I expect it will come to BBC2 eventually.

I've caught bits of that a few times. Canny funny from what I've seen, I expect it will come to BBC2 eventually.

It's actually the second series, i saw all the first on BBC3 and can't remember if it ever made it to BBC2 or not, so i don't know if this series will.

I really like it and Brydon is class in it, also writes it with some other bloke. But its not like Partridge, its like Larry Sanders as celebs play themselves (though in Brydon and a few others case its an "extras" style version of themselves). And like Sanders, its part behind the scenes and part bits from the made up show he's hosting.

It's actually the second series, i saw all the first on BBC3 and can't remember if it ever made it to BBC2 or not, so i don't know if this series will.

I really like it and Brydon is class in it, also writes it with some other bloke. But its not like Partridge, its like Larry Sanders as celebs play themselves (though in Brydon and a few others case its an "extras" style version of themselves). And like Sanders, its part behind the scenes and part bits from the made up show he's hosting.

You're spot on about the Sanders reference there.

Did you ever see the show Brydon did years ago, filmed as a taxi driver. Bob and Margaret I think. It was really different-very well done.

You're spot on about the Sanders reference there.

Did you ever see the show Brydon did years ago, filmed as a taxi driver. Bob and Margaret I think. It was really different-very well done.

I caught some of it, very well performed by Rob Bryden. I remember he was in a programme called Human Remains, though i didn't see it, then they did Marion and Geoff which like you say was really well perfomed. (Bob and Margaret was an animated comedy, not too bad and had Steve Coogan doing a voice in it i seem to remember)

Then he did the Keith Barret spin off from Marion and Geoff where he interviewed celeb couples.

Watched it last night <_<

SMO You've been spending to much time under your lasses thumb mate, it's abysmal, I thought i broke a smile at one point but it was just wind. :blink:

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Watched it last night ;)

SMO You've been spending to much time under your lasses thumb mate, it's abysmal, I thought i broke a smile at one point but it was just wind. :lol:

Thought the fat Welsh lass would be right up your straza tbh. :icon_lol:

Stick to Willow then son. :D

• 2 years later...
The BBC are running a trailer for the finale at the minute. What is the music on it, is it the Libertines?

yep "up the bracket"

could be a tribute to the fat lasses sex life? :icon_lol:

the whole 3 series have been completely overrated...its vaguely amusing but hardly Blackadder etc <_<