Season ticket price increase??

East Stander

Any Newcastle United fan renewing their season ticket before June 15 will get if for exactly the same price as last year ... So show your support for Big Sam and his team by getting behind the Magpies as a new era beckons at St.James' Park.

This is copied from the club site (including the spelling mistake!)

So are we to presume that renewing after the 15th means a price INCREASE will come into effect? If that is the case then the stupid fat twat has finally gone totally bonkers. There was in increase last season, most sensible clubs have frozen, if not reduced, their prices taking into account the extra TV money and drop in attendences. And yet he thinks there will be a mad stampede rushing to buy/renew this summer.

The man needs certifying.

Guest alex

Will be made out to be a 'show of goodwill' by the board when in fact they'll be getting much more TV money next season. Like SLP says though, not really unexpected and there would have been an outcry had they gone up I reckon. Everyone renewing btw? Thought so. Me too.

Tbf, someone has to pay for Fat Fred's last two costly mistakes, and if anyone thought that it was going to be Fred then you're in cloud cuckoo land.

They better get them out soon like, as I'm away on holiday the two weeks leading up to and inluding the 15th June and I ain't paying the club an extra £12!

Will be made out to be a 'show of goodwill' by the board when in fact they'll be getting much more TV money next season. Like SLP says though, not really unexpected and there would have been an outcry had they gone up I reckon. Everyone renewing btw? Thought so. Me too.

Not sure if I interpret the first post like you do, it suggests to me that prices will go up after the 15th. Shitty blackmail by Shepherd.

I probably will renew but only if I get the seats I want.

Guest alex

Not sure if I interpret the first post like you do, it suggests to me that prices will go up after the 15th. Shitty blackmail by Shepherd.

Actually, you're probably right.

After the 15th, there is a "surcharge" added if you then renew. e.g. my seat in the East Stand will be £15 extra after the 15th. Full details have now been released on the club site http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/staticFile...78~78286,00.pdf

I still think there will be a lot of people who delay before making their decision to renew. I know I will go every year pretty much no matter what but there are a lot of very sick people out there who won't be taken in just by the appointment of Allardyce. They will need to see some good intent on the transfer front before shelling out hundreds of pounds. Fifteen quid doesn't make that much difference when your paying that type of money!

Anyone else surprised at the lack of bullshit on this years? Short and sweet. Oh, and confirmation of the 'Smartcard' as well. I predict a riot.

Aye I won't be hanging about in the Trent until five to three on the first match of the season. Rangers and Celtic when introducing it has a nightmare of a time..

I see it is still not possible to purchase your ticket online yet. I wouldn't be surprised to seem them wait until the price increase deadline before it is made available?

I noticed that over the weekend and had the same thought. I like to renew pretty much straight away and doing it online last year worked a treat. Can't be arsed fannying on with the post etc, I hate that wait for the money to be taken so you know they've got it.

It says online ticket renewals are available but it won't let me - has anyone else tried?

I keep getting the message 'There are currently no valid selections ... Seat (W/**********) is currently not reserved for renewal'

Anyone else tried?

Tbf, someone has to pay for Fat Fred's last two costly mistakes, and if anyone thought that it was going to be Fred then you're in cloud cuckoo land.

They better get them out soon like, as I'm away on holiday the two weeks leading up to and inluding the 15th June and I ain't paying the club an extra £12!

You sure about that comment Dave? :D