Big Sam chasing Baines?

Scottish Mag

New Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is reportedly chasing Wigan full-back Leighton Baines.

According to the Manchester Evening News, Allardyce wants to sign the England Under-21 left back as the first step towards rebuilding a back line that has leaked goals.

Allardyce's predecessor at St James' Park Glenn Roeder also tried to sign Baines, but the lure of some more stability in the north-east could tempt the full-back to leave the JJB Stadium.

Allardyce is also thought to want former Bolton centre-half Tal Ben Haim, although faces hefty competition from Chelsea and Portsmouth for the Israeli defender.

The MEN goes on to claim that Baines could be just the first man on his way out of Wigan.

Midfielder Paul Scharner has been linked with a move, with Everton and Aston Villa possible destinations.

Despite the potential exits, new Latics boss Chris Hutchings will be given a £20 million transfer kitty to spend, and Watford centre-half Danny Shittu could be his first signing.

Ok my head is up in the clouds a bit with this one but a prospective back four which contains Baines, Campbell & Ben Haim is very appealing...

Ok my head is up in the clouds a bit with this one but a prospective back four which contains Baines, Campbell & Ben Haim is very appealing...

<_< I'd be chuffed to bits with that. Maybe wishful thinking but i'd be more than happy if our starting XI looked like this next season....

Given

Baines

Ben Haim

Campbell

Solano

Duff

Butt

Baraja

Milner

Owen

Viduka

<_< I'd be chuffed to bits with that. Maybe wishful thinking but i'd be more than happy if our starting XI looked like this next season....

Given

Baines

Ben Haim

Campbell

Solano

Duff

Butt

Baraja

Milner

Owen

Viduka

Have we actually been linked to him then our are you just picking names out of the air?

Given

Baines

Ben Haim

Campbell

Solano

Duff

Butt

Baraja

Milner

Owen

Viduka

Have we actually been linked to him then our are you just picking names out of the air?

Been linked apparently.

Given

Baines

Ben Haim

Campbell

Solano

Duff

Butt

Baraja

Milner

Owen

Viduka

Been linked apparently.

By someone on N-O then? No chance of him coming here.

Given

Baines

Ben Haim

Campbell

Solano

Duff

Butt

Baraja

Milner

Owen

Viduka

Been linked apparently.

I saw Rocker on N-O mentioned him but I saw an article on Teletext with him mentioned an'aal

:blink: I'd be chuffed to bits with that. Maybe wishful thinking but i'd be more than happy if our starting XI looked like this next season....

Given

Baines

Ben Haim

Campbell

Solano

Duff

Butt

Baraja

Milner

Owen

Viduka

Been linked apparently.

I saw Rocker on N-O mentioned him but I saw an article on Teletext with him mentioned an'aal

Rocker made that up <_<

:razz: I'd be chuffed to bits with that. Maybe wishful thinking but i'd be more than happy if our starting XI looked like this next season....

Given

Baines

Ben Haim

Campbell

Solano

Duff

Butt

Baraja

Milner

Owen

Viduka

Been linked apparently.

Rocker made that up <_<

I kna Rocker made it up but there was a line or two on Teletext where it was mentioned. Wish I had Jimbo's camera now so I could've taken a piccy :blink: