Neighbours

Neighbours Moves To Five

21 May 2007

Five has secured the rights to hit Australian drama Neighbours, it was announced on Friday. Five’s deal with the show’s producers FremantleMedia will see Neighbours joining Five’s main channel and digital offering Five Life in 2008.

Lisa Opie, Five's Managing Editor of Content, said: "I'm delighted Five has secured such a popular and sought after series. Neighbours is quite rightly much loved by its many fans and it will be a greatly prized part of our schedule and suitably cherished by us.”

David Ellender, Chief Executive Officer of FremantleMedia Enterprises, said: “Five will be a great home for Neighbours and FremantleMedia is confident that the show will continue to go from strength to strength.”

Jane Lighting, Five’s CEO, added: “Neighbours is a fantastic asset for us to add to Five’s family of channels, particularly as it is a household brand which delivers strong audiences daily.”

Airing on Ten Network for over 20 years, Neighbours is one of Australia's most successful television programmes. Launched in the UK in 1986 Neighbours is the BBC’s highest rated daytime show.

Anyone (except students) still watch it?

Most people stop watching it because they don't get home in time after work to see it. If they choose their time carefully they can get a lot of fans back Of course, if they mess around too much they might lose a lot of the student audience.

I still try to catch it when I can, although lately I've struggled. Tell you what, it's been getting a bit saucy the last couple of years. Lesbians and everything.

Lesbians?

I didnt think people even smoked in Neighbours?

Guest alex

I still try to catch it when I can, although lately I've struggled. Tell you what, it's been getting a bit saucy the last couple of years. Lesbians and everything.

Lesbians?

Although no doubt both would be depicted as short-lived 'lifestyle choices' were they to appear.

Lesbians?

Let alone rug-munched!

Why are people bothered anyway, it's still on terrestrial for anyone sad enough to see it since Flick left.

Edited by Renton

The only sex that used to be in it was when they used to hint that Dr Karl and Susan were doing it a canny bit. Other than that, everyone got pregnant without even a hint of any pork prodding. NOW, minge munching. Everywhere.

I watch Neighbours at the minute because i've got nothing else to do, but i'm hardly going to cry when it gets taken off. When i'm back home we can't get Channel Five anyway unless watching on Sky, so not that arsed.

I watch Neighbours at the minute because i've got nothing else to do, but i'm hardly going to cry when it gets taken off. When i'm back home we can't get Channel Five anyway unless watching on Sky, so not that arsed.

Now you can watch Sky on Sky! Ho ho!

And Rosie is a saysbian (my new favourite word - thanks, Pepper!) not a lesbian. There's loads of sex/talk of sex nowadays. It's moving with the times.

Neighbours is fucking rubbish tbh. Take today as a prime example. Carmella and Oliver are in the back of a van that blows up, yet she walks out with a little dirty mark on her top and a graze on her forehead. <_<

Neighbours is fucking rubbish tbh. Take today as a prime example. Carmella and Oliver are in the back of a van that blows up, yet she walks out with a little dirty mark on her top and a graze on her forehead. <_<

They weren't in the back of the van, though. The viewer was made to think they were but only the complete spastics continued to believe this after Carmella explained to Elle how they had to go back (away from the van) to pick up some herbs Oliver had dropped.

Holy shit, Neighbours and Home and Away are going to be on the same channel. That's just fucking surreal.

RTÉ 2 show Neighbours at 5.35, Simpsons at 6.00 and Home & Away at 6.30!! <_<