Sam close to first signing

Scottish Mag

Please be ben haim, we could do much better than viduka if this takeover goes through

do you not think that if the takeover went through we could do better then ben haim?

Please be ben haim, we could do much better than viduka if this takeover goes through

do you not think that if the takeover went through we could do better then ben haim?

I'd imagine Allardyce will be after a few players, because we certainly need them, so if he can pick one or two up for free he can spend shitloads on the rest.

Personally I'd like both Haim and Viduka on frees to leave alot to spend on whatever other targets he has in mind.

Not really, he's a quality player, premiership experience and not to old which is where Viduka fails for me, he's still good but we could get someone younger/better IMO

Ben Haim is a lot better than many people give him credit for it would seem. Bolton were anxious to get him to sign a new contract but he turned it down, he knows he can do better. Plus Chelsea are interested.

Both Ben Haim and Viduka would be good additions to the squad on a free, after all we dont exactly have a big squad do we?

i think i'll take what we can get until this takeover is complete. Anything can happen where NUFC is concerned.

Both Ben Haim and Viduka would be good additions to the squad on a free, after all we dont exactly have a big squad do we?

i think i'll take what we can get until this takeover is complete. Anything can happen where NUFC is concerned.

Pretty much agree, can't be turning our noses up at proven Premier League players that are going for nothing. Especially when there is so much uncertainty about Owen and Martins. Not to mention that our current centreback pairing is Ramage and Taylor with some kids in reserve.

Viduka, on the other hand, has several options, but was interested in moving to St James' Park last summer before his contract ran out at Middlesbrough and he is still very much a target.

And with the Aussie keen on pastures new and aiming to stay in the Premier-ship, the 31-year-old may meet up with Allardyce this week as Australia arrive in the UK to take on Uruguay at Upton Park.

Slight problem with that, Australia is playing here in Sydney on Saturday night, hope big Sam got on the right plane :blink:

Guest Patrokles

Viduka, on the other hand, has several options, but was interested in moving to St James' Park last summer before his contract ran out at Middlesbrough and he is still very much a target.

And with the Aussie keen on pastures new and aiming to stay in the Premier-ship, the 31-year-old may meet up with Allardyce this week as Australia arrive in the UK to take on Uruguay at Upton Park.

Slight problem with that, Australia is playing here in Sydney on Saturday night, hope big Sam got on the right plane :blink:

I didn't even think Viduka was in the squad.

I didn't even think Viduka was in the squad.

Darn straight Ben, you're right!

By rights he'd be here (or on his way) as they will go into camp for the Asian Cup next month.

Where is the lazy shite??? ;)

QANTAS SOCCEROOS SQUAD TO PLAY URUGUAY ON 2 JUNE AT TELSTRA STADIUM

Daniel Allsopp (Melbourne Victory, Australia), Michael Beauchamp (Nuremberg, Germany), Mark Bridge (Newcastle Jets, Australia), Nick Carle (Newcastle Jets, Australia), David Carney (Sydney FC, Australia), Simon Colosimo (Sivasspor, Turkey), Jason Culina (PSV Eindhoven, Holland), Brett Emerton (Blackburn Rovers, England), Adam Federici (Reading, England), Ryan Griffiths (Liaoning, China), Brett Holman (NEC Nijmegen, Holland), Brad Jones (Middlesbrough, England), Patrick Kisnorbo (Leicester City, England), Scott McDonald (Motherwell, Scotland), Lucas Neill (West Ham, England), Jade North (Newcastle Jets, Australia), Matthew Spiranovic (Nuremberg, Germany), Shane Stefanutto (Lillestrom, Norway), Mile Sterjovski (Basel, Switzerland), Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory, Australia), Michael Thwaite (Wisla Krakow, Poland), Carl Valeri (Grosseto, Italy), Luke Wilkshire (FC Twente, Holland)

Be wary of the rubbish being spouted about the take over, he's no Abramovich, and even Abramovich is no longer bottomlessly bankrolling.

Even if there is oodles of cash to spend that doesn’t necessarily mean we can attract (or even want given recent history) the biggest names.

*cough*MattyTaylor*cough*

I like Taylor but it's a left back we need and he isn't a defensive left back.

we pushed for wayne bridge last year i think they should again he is a quality left back