Club's a bit of a mess at the moment

2bias

we always have an interesting summer at newcastle but the season is barely over and things are fucked.

middle of a takeover already 6 players gone other players not showing whether they want to stay etc its really annoying in a way especially the owen part of it he should come out and say i want to stay or i dont. be interesting to see what the club is like come first day of season.

Edited by MattM4

Funnily enough, this is the most positive i've been about the club in a long time. It looks as if Fat Fred's days are numbered, we seem to be on the verge of signing two or three decent players, we're getting rid of those who aren't up to the task and we've got a half decent manager.

What amazes me is that we had the 5th highest wage bill (so we're 5th at something anyway) in the Premiership last season. ;)

It doesn't surprise me.

What with Dyer, Owen, Duff, Parker, Emre, Carr, Babayaro, Luque etc earning far more than they are worth its no wonder we are in the mess we are in.

Funnily enough, this is the most positive i've been about the club in a long time. It looks as if Fat Fred's days are numbered, we seem to be on the verge of signing two or three decent players, we're getting rid of those who aren't up to the task and we've got a half decent manager.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel (if a little impatient perhaps). I don't think Sam's the type to leave everything til the last minute like previous managers have done. And it's looking more and more likely that Shepherd won't be holding things up any more than with the actual takeover itself - I'm feeling fairly happy for a change ;)

we always have an interesting summer at newcastle but the season is barely over and things are fucked.

middle of a takeover already 6 players gone other players not showing whether they want to stay etc its really annoying in a way especially the owen part of it he should come out and say i want to stay or i dont. be interesting to see what the club is like come first day of season.

The point is that there are the biggest signs yet that we are about to start moving in the right direction. The players that have left have all been shite, and there are some decent players supposedly coming in. Once the takeover is done and dusted, the only way is up.

The point is that there are the biggest signs yet that we are about to start moving in the right direction. The players that have left have all been shite, and there are some decent players supposedly coming in. Once the takeover is done and dusted, the only way is up.

yeah i totally agree with that, just annoyed me about parker still, i didnt like him but its the fact he obviously didnt want to play for us,going to be third richest club in premiership when take over is done hope we can sign one world class player though,

What amazes me is that we had the 5th highest wage bill (so we're 5th at something anyway) in the Premiership last season. ;)

Thats the way it works. We are the fifth best team, therefore, we pay the fifth most. Obvious really. Do you see Aston Villa on that list? Do ya?

Thats the way it works. We are the fifth best team, therefore, we pay the fifth most. Obvious really. Do you see Aston Villa on that list? Do ya?

They must be now though?

Anyhow, even I feel optimistic now. Anybody that doesn't needs shooting tbh.

its going to be interesting. alot of players people like will be going and alot of faces people are unsure about will be coming in, cant please everyone i guess

p06182ct0u4.jpg

What amazes me is that we had the 5th highest wage bill (so we're 5th at something anyway) in the Premiership last season. :secret:

Actually barring us, with the top 6 spending clubs it is more or less right with wage bill = position (ish).

We're the pretty hideous exception to that. ;)

you sure your caps lock isn't broken?

you sure your caps lock isn't broken?

fuck sake lol

but we will have players to add, hopefully decent players for once.

Aren't you hopeful of decent players every single transfer window? I think it's very easy to be negative following the last few seasons we've had.

Once we've started signing players, I'll be more positive.