My word...

k4t0

Our dear friends from Teesside :unsure:

As a rule, I generally ignore anything these two headed fish like mutants have to say. Not content with floating between Yorkshire and the North-East they have attached themselves to Newcastle and sunderland as 'rivals' and now claim to hate us both with a passion. The fact that they are so irrelevant is amusing as neither us nor sunderland have much time for them.

It reads like "What have the romans done for us" :unsure:

That Emre, what has he EVER done. Apart from being instrumental in an unbeaten UEFA cup campaign. And helping Turkey get 3rd place in the World Cup. And being named in Pele's list of top living footballers. And the aquaduct.

Edited by BlueStar

Boro is NOT..I repeat...NOT a derby. I couldn't give a monkey's about them one way or the other, never have done. If anything, I dislike them for contiunally thinking we're a derby game and for giving us a tonking at Ayresome Park in 1990 when we needed to win. Even though the result didn't matter in the end, I still like to hold childhood grudges.

Our dear friends from Teesside :unsure:

As a rule, I generally ignore anything these two headed fish like mutants have to say. Not content with floating between Yorkshire and the North-East they have attached themselves to Newcastle and sunderland as 'rivals' and now claim to hate us both with a passion. The fact that they are so irrelevant is amusing as neither us nor sunderland have much time for them.

26884[/snapback]

Nothing further to add to that. Summed up perfectly.

Might have a point this one...

"zamboni80 Posted on 1/9 23:45 Email this Message | Reply

re: Newcastle signings arent that good really

Individually they maybe good footballers but the question should be can Souness make them play together as a team? so far he doesn't seem to know who to play or what formation to use, just because you shove Owen at the front of there underperforming team doesn't change much. He might help paper over the cracks for a few games but they are still weak at the back and Souness inability in the dug out will ensure the keep on struggling. Bringing Solano back was a good move tho."

Aye, certainly not bad points. However, I don't think we are that bad at the back to be honest. Yes, Boumsong made an arse of two situations at the weekend, but I think the two CB's have looked alright together. We're not fantastic a hte back, but we're certainly not 'weak' imo.

Aye, certainly not bad points. However, I don't think we are that bad at the back to be honest. Yes, Boumsong made an arse of two situations at the weekend, but I think the two CB's have looked alright together. We're not fantastic a hte back, but we're certainly not 'weak' imo.

27088[/snapback]

Especially when woody comes back in january, there will be a real "buzz" about the place.

I'll get my coat :unsure:

27088[/snapback]

Also, as I've said previously, the fact we haven't looked like scoring or had any mobility up front this season has put a lot of pressure on the back four. Hopefully that will change now.

27088[/snapback]

Also, as I've said previously, the fact we haven't looked like scoring or had any mobility up front this season has put a lot of pressure on the back four. Hopefully that will change now.

27095[/snapback]

Correct, alot of the stick aimed at our back four ignores the pressure they have been put under by whats going on (or not) in front of them.

I'm more than happy with our 3 main centrebacks + Given and the fullbacks can do their bit as well if they stay fit! And with Parker in front of them we shoudn't struggle defensively if we catually get our football going in the other direction.

27088[/snapback]

27095[/snapback]

Correct, alot of the stick aimed at our back four ignores the pressure they have been put under by whats going on (or not) in front of them.

I'm more than happy with our 3 main centrebacks + Given and the fullbacks can do their bit as well if they stay fit! And with Parker in front of them we shoudn't struggle defensively if we catually get our football going in the other direction.

27097[/snapback]

And I will third it. 5 (inc. Goalie) defenders can't be expected to hold out under solid pressure for an entire match, every match. As our swollen (4-5-1) midfield sinks deeper into our own half, it just makes a mistake an ever greater likelihood - there's no opportunity for re-grouping and such. Teams can't score against us nearly so easily if they're camped in their own half.