Our starting XI against Bolton

Ketsbaia

maybe the thread title should be team for the season, because people keep mentioning Viduka even though he will be coming back from the Asia cup won't he? he's no spring chicken and could take a little while to recover from that if Aus get far which they probably will. Maybe I've got the dates all wrong though so who knows =)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

given

beye/ solano rozenhal taylor baines

butt

milner barton zog

owen

viduka

that seems acheivable.

Really hope we havent got Milner and Zog in the first team at the start of the season. Looks particularly slow in midfield. Zog will need have got his head right and Milner will have needed some fucker elses legs.

If we can get a top quality, pacy right back then I would be happier with Solano on the right. Dyer would be useful too given the fact that we have zero movement anywhere in that side. Zog can provide it if he isnt in the huff.

its as realistic as i can get. solano's days at RW are numbered, and he's never really had pace.... mind you milners not even as quick as him!!!

barton has loads of energy and butt just plays it simple ( though again he's getting on a bit!)... zog is pretty quick...

given

beye/ solano rozenhal taylor baines

butt

milner barton zog

owen

viduka

that seems acheivable.

Really hope we havent got Milner and Zog in the first team at the start of the season. Looks particularly slow in midfield. Zog will need have got his head right and Milner will have needed some fucker elses legs.

If we can get a top quality, pacy right back then I would be happier with Solano on the right. Dyer would be useful too given the fact that we have zero movement anywhere in that side. Zog can provide it if he isnt in the huff.

its as realistic as i can get. solano's days at RW are numbered, and he's never really had pace.... mind you milners not even as quick as him!!!

barton has loads of energy and butt just plays it simple ( though again he's getting on a bit!)... zog is pretty quick...

You think realistically big Sam will want to go to his old Bolton side with a midfield with an average height of less than 5'9? We all know how much he get's into his stats also...

----------------given

solano----taylor----rozenhal----baines

milner----barton---emre--------dyer

-----------viduka---owen

EDIT - i can't see big sam going 4-3-3 as long as owen is in the side.

I agree with that completely. However, as Sam usually relies on that 4-3-3 formation, will he change his style for Owen, or will he ask Owen to try and play the 4-3-3?

If Owen's still here, obviously.

I think he'll play the style he wants to play rather than to suit Owen but I think 4-3-3 may have been borne out of necessity due to the relative financial constraints at Bolton.

I think that Sam was there long enough to play whichever formation suited him. He obviously found the 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation best with 2 hard working strikers playing wide and 1 target man supported by an attack minded midfielder.

I never saw enough of Bolton to know too much about their formations/tactics as whatever I usually saw was long ball stuff and kicking their opponents all over the place.

If Owen does stay, I can see Sam changing his style to suit/get the most out of top calibre players like him.

And maybe he's a bit more flexible than the previous two muppets we've had in charge.

With the Bolton game being away, I reckon he'd be looking for us to be solid more than having attacking flair. With that in mind and with Viduka not being around, I reckon we might see 4-5-1 with Owen on his own supported by Milner/Dyer on the wings and Emre/Butt/Barton in the centre. If not, then swapping Butt for Martins up front with Owen.

If he did go 433, it would be interesting to see us have Owen, Martins and Shola up front with Milner, Barton & Dyer in the centre. Thats just looks too flimsy for me though so I doubt it.

Without being silly and getting carried away what would be your prefered line-up for the Bolton game, Here is mine

Given

Geremi Tayls Rozenhall Baines/Shorey

Butt

Milner Barton Emre

Martins Luque/Gudjohnson

Viduka

Subs

Zog

Duff

Owen

Dyer

Hunty

I think this is a tasty line up and would put the shits up a lot of defences, I think BS will make a proper player out of Luque

Viduka will be playing in Asia at the beginning of the season...

I think the tournament will be over by then but Sam has said he's going to give him a break before he plays for us.

Viduka will be playing in Asia at the beginning of the season...

Get your facts right you two bit sawker fan!

The fat lazy Aussie will have played in the Asia Cup over the summer break and with then be rested for the first few rounds of the season.[/bigsam]