Real in Iniesta link

Scottish Mag

Real Madrid are being linked with a sensational €60million move for Andres Iniesta.

In Spanish football every player has a get-out clause in his contract, which in theory means a club can buy a player without the consent of the seller.

In the case of Iniesta he has three years to run on his current Barcelona deal - with a buy-out of €60million (£40million), which Real are now considering matching.

Barca opened contract talks with Iniesta at the end of the season, following reports of interest from Serie A.

However, news of Real's sudden interest could spark a transfer scramble for the Spanish international.

Sources in Spain suggest Iniesta is the man new coach Bernd Schuster wants to lead his side - after they missed out on prime target Cesc Fabregas, who opted to remain at Arsenal.

Reports in Madrid claim that Iniesta would be willing to listen to the offer from the Bernabeu, as he is not guaranteed a first-team slot with Barca.

Real are no strangers to making moves on Barca, as they snapped up Javier Saviola on a free transfer earlier this summer - but many at Camp Nou still remember the acrimonious departure of Luis Figo when he joined Real in 2005.

*Don't say it out loud but I think he's better than the media darling Cesc Fabregas.*

Got a few years on him though hasn't he?

He has but he's only really started to get a chance at Barca, I'd proper class Cesc as the more experienced out of the two.

*Don't say it out loud but I think he's better than the media darling Cesc Fabregas.*

No need to be quiet about it, it's true.

I agree.

he's in AS today saying that he's going to be at Barcelona forever. He has a heartfelt desire to retire at Barcelona.

it's the same type of clause that allowed Ayala to shift to Real Zaragoza from Villareal without playing, so theoretically it's possible, but highly doubtful. It's more a measure of how desperate Real Madrid are starting to get with their lack of a ball playing centre midfielder.

Not a patch on Fabregas IMO, who lets not forget is only 18. His footballing brain is quicker than Iniesta's for one, which is no doubt a byproduct of playing in the quicker Premiership, but one that separates him from a lot of similar players. Not to mention he's tougher and quicker, again a byproduct of playing in the Prem. I think he's a cracking little player myself and don't get why he's become one of the "overrated" players. If he were English, he'd get far more credit and then would perhaps deserve such a label but there aren't many better at his age in that role, if any.

If anything Inesta is overrated, I mean most people probably only started recognising him after he scored against England. Admittedly he has looked good for Barcelona for a while, but he's not an automatic starter whereas I think Fabregas would be.

Xavi is better than both though. I like him a lot. Shame he seems to miss a few games with injury.

im suprised the mackems havent tried to buy him lol they wer tryna bring in world class players wernt they............ till they failed nd went for toon reject chopra lol better luck next year sunderland :lol:

Not a patch on Fabregas IMO, who lets not forget is only 18. His footballing brain is quicker than Iniesta's for one, which is no doubt a byproduct of playing in the quicker Premiership, but one that separates him from a lot of similar players. Not to mention he's tougher and quicker, again a byproduct of playing in the Prem. I think he's a cracking little player myself and don't get why he's become one of the "overrated" players. If he were English, he'd get far more credit and then would perhaps deserve such a label but there aren't many better at his age in that role, if any.

If anything Inesta is overrated, I mean most people probably only started recognising him after he scored against England. Admittedly he has looked good for Barcelona for a while, but he's not an automatic starter whereas I think Fabregas would be.

Xavi is better than both though. I like him a lot. Shame he seems to miss a few games with injury.

Have you been watching the same player?

The only thing Fabregas really has over Iniesta is you could say he's more defensively sound, Iniesta is the better player going forward.

Fabregas wouldn't be an automatic starter for Barca right now, he's not better than Deco or Xavi for a start.

Most people only started recognising him since that goal against England, I'd say most including myself can all see that by watching Barcelona every week in La Liga, nothing to do with that goal against England which I'd just actually forgot he scored until you just reminded me.

HTT you do post a lot of sense but at times you need to remove yourself from your goldfish bowl view on English football.