José Enrique

Baggio

:lol: :lol: A divvint naa what McKeag's got to do with this like. You can't judge an entire profession by Gordon McKeag. Barry George was a recruitment consultant ffs.

Since when does being a solicitor mean you know owt about football man Stevie !!!! :lol:

Point out where I claimed it did or STFU basically. :lol:

Whatever happens lads, let's just hope we keep declining up the table

Do you really think that it's because we have vastly improved? Our number one striker is bloody Leon Best. In reality, the fact reamins that other teams have significantly worsened such that there is a massive gap between 7th place and 6th place. Under the old board, we were much closer to the big boys than we are now. If mickey mouse clubs like Blackpool can make a fist of it, do you really think we are improving? :lol:

If you cannot grasp said concept, I suggest that you wake up and smell the coffee.

Edited by Flair

Do you really think that it's because we have vastly improved? Our number one striker is bloody Leon Best. In reality, the fact reamins that other teams have significantly worsened such that there is a massive gap between 7th place and 6th place. Under the old board, we were much closer to the big boys than we are now. If mickey mouse clubs like Blackpool can make a fist of it, do you really think we are improving? :lol:

If you cannot grasp said concept, I suggest that you wake up and smell the coffee.

Other teams have significantly worsened, is that a fact? :lol: If it is, that's all right then, as long as we worsen less than them and move up the table.

Oh and that bolded bit, not when they sold up we weren't. And that's a FACT. Man Utd had just won the league with more than double our points tally. They now have less than double our points tally, meaning we're closer to them. You got any FACTS to back up your coffee smelling, apart from pointing out that Leon Best is playing up front for a team out-performing the one that Shepherd left (don't really see your point there)

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

Oh and that bolded bit, not when they sold up we weren't. And that's a FACT. Man Utd had just won the league with more than double our points tally. They now have less than double our points tally, meaning we're closer to them. You got any FACTS to back up your coffee smelling, apart from pointing out that Leon Best is playing up front for a team out-performing the one that Shepherd left (don't really see your point there)

Are you trying to emulate Benitez with all your facts? :lol:

It's a fact that I/you for that matter, would much rather have that same team when the old board left than our current one. It's a fact that we got lucky that we bounced back from relegation.

Dare I say it, it is also a fact that you are speaking with your Ashley-tinted spectacles on again.

It's a fact that I/you for that matter, would much rather have that same team when the old board left than our current one. It's a fact that we got lucky that we bounced back from relegation.

Dare I say it, it is also a fact that you are speaking with your Ashley-tinted spectacles on again.

Really? You're a fuckin' mug then

If I am a mug to prefer having a team with genuine good quality forwards, so be it. Tool.

In fact how many of our current side would get into that team: I only see Enrique, Colo, Tiote and perhaps Barton.

Edited by Flair

If I am a mug to prefer having a team with genuine good quality forwards, so be it. Tool.

Who were they like? :lol: Are you referring to Oba, now on loan at Birmingham, that thought he was so good that he didn't need to show up for training the season we went down? Or maybe Owen or Viduka? It's warmer in the treatment room than it is on those dark December days in Newcastle. the fact that you'd prefer any of those, ESPECIALLY with the benefit of hindsight, is fuckin' ridiculous.

Who were they like? :lol: Are you referring to Oba, now on loan at Birmingham, that thought he was so good that he didn't need to show up for training the season we went down? Or maybe Owen or Viduka? It's warmer in the treatment room than it is on those dark December days in Newcastle. the fact that you'd prefer any of those, ESPECIALLY with the benefit of hindsight, is fuckin' ridiculous.

Nah man, I would clearly prefer Lovenkrands and Best. You utter twat.

Me too, because they actually want to play games. Did you even watch a game that season? It's becoming pretty evident that you know NOTHING about football.

Me too, because they actually want to play games. Did you even watch a game that season? It's becoming pretty evident that you know NOTHING about football.

Fucking hell, are you really trying to suggest you would rather have Lovenkrands+Best over 2006/2007 Owen+Martins? Then, to have the cheek to suggest I know nothing about football. Couldn't make it up. :lol:

Edited by Flair

In fact how many of our current side would get into that team: I only see Enrique, Colo, Tiote and perhaps Barton.

What about Ben Arfa? Nolan? Simpson?

I would argue Duff was one of the best left-wingers in the world at the time so no. If we play both Tiote+Barton, where does Nolan fit in? You fuckwit. I would probably have a then Carr, tbh.

Edited by Flair

Are you going off their football manager stats or off the fact that the latter two couldn't give a fuck about the club and proved this with their respective attitudes

What about Ben Arfa? Nolan? Simpson?

I would argue Duff was one of the best left-wingers in the world at the time so no. If we play both Tiote+Barton, where does Nolan fit in? You fuckwit. I would probably have a then Carr, tbh.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D:icon_lol: :icon_lol: B) B) :wub:

He mustn't realise that Barton and Tiote and Nolan have been starting together this season, that's the level of this kid. And he just asked that.

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

I realise who you're talking about for the avoidance of doubt, but just because i) you say it and ii) I realise to whom you're referring, doesn't make what you say correct.

given time, I will be proven correct, just like before. No doubt you won't admit it. Again.

Idiot.

When was this ??

You've not been right about anything, yet.

you've not been paying attention, on here nor on skunkers.

Before you comment on skunkers, fact is about 99% of that lot said we would do better with someone else than we did with the Halls and Shepherd. Including you. I'm still waiting for even one european qualification. Since then, we've been relegated, and its quite clear by even asking that you haven't got a clue what I'm saying when I'm commenting on the seeds of decline being implemented by the current owner.

You should though, because its all getting so similar to when Mckeag etc owned the club, which you say you have experience of.

But they weren't, he may have watered them a bit with his incompetence, but they'd already started to root before he took over.

no, you are wrong. The club was 14th in footballs rich list when he bought the club. You can't blame the previous owners for Mike Ashley choosing to change the way the club attempts to maximise revenue and failing so badly.

Aye OK, 14th, 7th, 13th and 12th aren't in any way an indication of decline from 4th or 3rd

you can also bookmark this thread for future reference.

You should be able to see we are now a selling club, based on your own experience of witnessing one if nothing else. This sort of comment is what makes me think you didn't really support the club during the days of Mckeag, Seymour etc because you would recognise the completely different outlook of the last owners, and the direction we have moved in since Mike Ashley bought it.

1. Totally different ballgame these days Leazes man! When we were a real proven selling club a player had no say whatsoever in when he could leave a club, they were basically chatels. Today it is way different.

2. The summer will tell, I don't accept Carroll's sale as evidence of a "selling club", because £35mill for him was IMO a no brainer, more money than David Villa, do me a favour.

3. Is Ashley a prick, absolutely. BUT the way the club is set now is light years ahead in terms of sustainability than the previous regimes model was. I would add - IF the Carroll money is put back in.

4. The difference you refuse to accept is that McKeag/Seymour etc put nowt in and bled the club dry and creamed whatever they could from within the confines of club turnover. FFS and the Halls took the club forward by putting in vast quantities of "not their own money" whilst doing very well out of it personally (much more than the Seymour/McKeag families ever made in decades). Ashley, as yet, has not made a bean out of NUFC but has ploughed in vast quantities of his own money to keep the thing going. I am under no illusion his "endgame" is to profit from NUFC but the bugger will do well to reap the sums the previous incumbents did, especially in today's financial climate and the way the game is structured today.

1. absolute tosh. Players have more independence over their own careers than they have ever had, especially the top ones, which is what we are talking about.

2. Same. You don't sell your best players to teams that you aspire to finish above, unless the manager is happy with the sale and has replacements in mind with the intention of having a better team out of it.

3. The Carroll money won't be put back in.

4. This is the laughable bit, so many people like you are completely obsessed with warehouses, shares, dividends etc. At the end of the day, businessmen take risks and take rewards - we are not talking mega money here, the money on those dividends and warehouse is just so insignificant in footballing terms, and this sort of thing happens in EVERY walk of life. What is important is that they backed their managers, aimed for the top, and gave us all the best 15 years we have ever seen supporting this club. You can harp on as much as you like and find any stick you want to beat Fred with to satisfy your obsession but it doesn't matter, you should face facts, you might never ever see the club reaching such heights again. It made me laugh like fuck when I see people who had a team playing in the top competitions and buying top footballers and all they did was whinge on about shares, dividends, warehouses, embarrassment.....fuckin embarrassing or what, and from so called knowledgeable supporters especially the older ones on skunkers particularly and articles in fanzines who really should have known better. You are right when you say its gone, but its a joke that so many people actually thought any old new owner would have automatically shown the same ambition without the warehouses and dividends. You were living in a dream world and still are. The fact is that Newcastle United should not be selling their best players to clubs like Liverpool and Villa, the last regime killed all of that sort of 2nd rate ambition which got the club absolutely nowhere for decades previously.

Tbf we were in decline, Ashley just accelerated it.

Has he now reversed it? Thats a question which no one can really answer as of yet.

Arguing about whether we are in decline or not is a fairly pointless.

More to the point is the previous owners were making decisions with the benefit of the club in mind(I'm not denying the decisions also had an eye on their bank accounts)

This owner appears to not care about benefit to the club, only to his own agenda, anything positive on the field being secondary. Hope I'm wrong

you're right.

He isn't screwed though. That money is spent and he's still rich. As Chez argued, there's arguably more risk to his wealth by spending more of his own money on the club (to take a punt on Europe or just to stay in the PL). I tend to think he's trying to make the club sustainable (for purely selfish reasons and fair enough you might say) but I also seriously doubt he has any desire to break into the top 4 (fair enough again given how much he might need to spend). The danger is though that he risks the PL status of the club in following this policy. All speculation of course but it's not as simple as arguing he's fucked if the team doesn't do well.

he's doing exactly what I said he would do [either here or on NO and if its on NO I can't search for it] in that he is running a tight financial ship, spending as little money as possible and attempting to stay in the premiership with little outlay while keeping the crowds as high as possible. The mistake he made was to buy into this myth that 52,000 supporters would come to games and he would be able to keep revenues as they were. He was a wanker for thinking that, like everybody else who did. The staggering thing was a lot of people, thinking the grass would be greener without the despicable Fat Fred who played a major part in the rise of the club, actually bought into this, urged this cost cutting and were as blind as Ashley. Those levels of interest and revenues were built up, they are now on their way down again. The club is in decline.

Edited by LeazesMag

Tbf we were in decline, Ashley just accelerated it.

all it needed was a couple of players like Bellamy and Robert under Bobby Robson. Ashley won't do that.

And a complete attitude and personality transplant for half of the squad?

He isn't screwed though. That money is spent and he's still rich. As Chez argued, there's arguably more risk to his wealth by spending more of his own money on the club (to take a punt on Europe or just to stay in the PL). I tend to think he's trying to make the club sustainable (for purely selfish reasons and fair enough you might say) but I also seriously doubt he has any desire to break into the top 4 (fair enough again given how much he might need to spend). The danger is though that he risks the PL status of the club in following this policy. All speculation of course but it's not as simple as arguing he's fucked if the team doesn't do well.

he's doing exactly what I said he would do [either here or on NO and if its on NO I can't search for it] in that he is running a tight financial ship, spending as little money as possible and attempting to stay in the premiership with little outlay while keeping the crowds as high as possible. The mistake he made was to buy into this myth that 52,000 supporters would come to games and he would be able to keep revenues as they were. He was a wanker for thinking that, like everybody else who did. The staggering thing was a lot of people, thinking the grass would be greener without the despicable Fat Fred who played a major part in the rise of the club, actually bought into this, urged this cost cutting and were as blind as Ashley. Those levels of interest and revenues were built up, they are now on their way down again. The club is in decline.

I'm surprised you think he's spending as little as possible, and are expressing this in a thread about his full back, a club record signing for said position.

Declining up the table? :lol:

Never heard so much made up nonsense in all my life. :lol:

He's not spending a fuck load of coin. You don't like it. Simple as. Apart from that you have nothing to say.

The truth is he came in spending silly money, which instantly contradicts your point, then the recession hit, meaning his exit plan was fucked. The bottomless well of fly-by-night chancers (potential buyers) dried up overnight, and the slightly more thin on the ground Saudi billionaires (all that was left) simply weren't interested. He already tried that if you recall? So he won't spend silly money anymore because he won't see any of it back. Chelsea, City and Man U can all comfortably outspend us. He doesn't want to compete with that, because he's not doing it for fun anymore. Chelsea and City are by the way. Doing it for fun, that is. Purely.

Contrary to what you say, the financial mistakes he made were i) not doing due diligence, meaning he had to plough tens of millions of his own £'s into a black hole created by the outgoing regime's business model (entirely his own fault; what a dick), and ii) getting the timing wrong (global financial meltdown).

And contrary to what you constantly implore people to believe, nobody in their right mind, least of all a paper billionaire, would buy a football club with the initial intention of trying to run it at break-even levels or to turn a few million quid operating profit. The very fucking notion.

The trouble is, you genuinely, quite honestly believe that Shepherd would have had us back in the Champions League if he'd remained on with the previous ownership. And as long as you believe that then it really doesn't matter what's going on in the real world, you'll always be deluded.

You'll read all of that as some sort of defence of Ashley/me claiming I think Ashley will get us to qualify for the Champions League more times than Hall and Shepherd btw.