José Enrique

Baggio

While I accept the logic I simply can't understand why people are still willing to give Ashley the benefit of the doubt.

Unless we get a billionaire sugar daddy like Chelsea and City then whoever comes in may well have to run the club in the same way or we could get a Ridsdale who would mortgage the club within an inch of oblivion with the hope of champions league. Would you want to take that gamble?? I know Ashley has been a cunt and his appointments of Wise and Dekka have been very poor but we could end up worse off than we are. We are pretty safe this season and playing quite well, we also have 35m to spend in the summer so its not all doom and gloom

Or we could have someone in the middle, which Ashley is more than capable of being, given his wealth. I don't see why it has to be one extreme or the other. Ashley doesn't have to run the club the way he is. It's a personal choice on his part.

exactly. Ambition is a choice, but sadly a lot of people had got used to seeing it and thought it would be automatic.

Alex's point is spot on fwiw. Sadly your actual desires are not reconcilable with having someone who is 'in the middle' so it's laughable that you quote it. You're basically endorsing the Ridsdale model in other posts ffs.

Obsessed.

Fuck off. You're wrong. I know you think you're a smart lad, but you're a thick idiot.

:lol:

Read my comments, I'm only commenting on the last bit of Alex's post, the only difference being that - unlike others - I don't clip his post before replying..........

You're thick as mince, lad.

ah, what a shame you're so thick you have called this owner and the last ones completely wrong and were stupidly taken in by Ashley.

Smart aren't you :o;)

What a wanker.

If you mean I was one of those "taken in" by him "buying Geordies pints in the Bigg Market", I think you'd actually find evidence on here that I was a dissenting voice on that point. The rest of what you said was just noise.

Obsessed.

How's the Aston Villa "plan" going by the way, which you endorsed when they gave Martin O'Neill a long contract, and had a "plan" which the Halls and Shepherd never had, according to you ? Have they matched them yet ?

Consider your reply, then fuck off son.

:lol: More noise

true though isn't it ? :blush:

While I accept the logic I simply can't understand why people are still willing to give Ashley the benefit of the doubt.

Unless we get a billionaire sugar daddy like Chelsea and City then whoever comes in may well have to run the club in the same way or we could get a Ridsdale who would mortgage the club within an inch of oblivion with the hope of champions league. Would you want to take that gamble?? I know Ashley has been a cunt and his appointments of Wise and Dekka have been very poor but we could end up worse off than we are. We are pretty safe this season and playing quite well, we also have 35m to spend in the summer so its not all doom and gloom

Or we could have someone in the middle, which Ashley is more than capable of being, given his wealth. I don't see why it has to be one extreme or the other. Ashley doesn't have to run the club the way he is. It's a personal choice on his part.

He`s running the club within its means not within his means. The club will never be in a financial mess with him in charge but he`s never gonna chuck cash at it for fun, he`s nowhere near Roman or Mansoor when it comes to wealth but he could chuck in 15-20 mil for a couple of good players I agree.

Put yourself in his shoes tho`, you come to a game and get slated and called a fat cunt, your wife and kids see this?? Would you wanna put money in??

when he bought the club, most people thought he was the dogs bollocks just because he wasn't Fat Fred ? Laughable or what. Even more so, when he bought people pints in the Bigg Market and went home thinking how stupid all those Geordies were for being taken in by a blatant PR gimmick.

He's done it all himself.

So you would rather Fat Fred had hung onto the club?? Simple yes or no

Fat Fred never owned the club in the first place mate.

If he says he's not for sale he's a liar and a puppet if he goes. If he admits it'll be tough keeping him he's asking for bids

ah. There was a time when we said someone wasn't for sale and they weren't. In fact, nobody bothered trying to buy our best players because they knew they wouldn't be sold.

Or because they were under-performing mercenaries?

must be nice living in a make believe little world like you do :lol:

Best players not for sale? Woodgate was our best defender and he was sold, so was Bellamy and Andy Cole wasnt too shabby either. Every player is for sale if the price is right. You think Man U wanted Ronaldo to go? If a player gets a whiff of more money and a better lifestyle or to play in the champions league then their head is turned and when a club makes a top offer then its bye-bye regardless who the manager/chairman is. The measure of the club is who replaces the sold player so we need to wait and see who comes in the summer.

oh fucking hell. Do bugger off man. Footballers are always leaving clubs, everywhere, but the top clubs replace the odd quality player they lose with another of the same calibre in the managers opinion and allow him to continue to attempt to improve the team with the cash from the sales. This is kids stuff. How much longer does this need to be explained ? How many idiots are there in this world ?

Thats what I said, It depends who the replacements are although in your book if we dont get Ronaldo,Tevez and Xavi then we are not ambitious enough. The reality is we are where we are at the moment and if we get players like Tiote or Jose who may have the ambition to play in the champions league or challenge for the title then thats the reality. Football has changed and we have no chance of top 4 even if we spend a fortune. We should aim for a top 6/7 spot and win a cup and play some European football in the Europa league. As long as those that leave are replaced with players who have something to offer and not just shite or so called big names then so be it. Or are you so deluded you think we should be spending 30mil on a player and 100k pw on wages??

your first line is bollocks. For starters, if we signed any one quality footballer, would Carroll have left, and would we be talking about the possibility of Enrique and Tiotte leaving ? My guess is both these players would be first in the queue to sign extended contracts.

Secondly, no person turned their noses up when we signed the likes of Shearer, Ferdinand, Ginola, Woodgate, Speed, Dyer etc etc bleating on about the club heading towards administration.

I agree that if the 35m quid is invested in footballers the manager decides will give us a better team than the one we had with Carroll in it, it should prompt a re-think about Mike Ashley and his ambitions for the club, but it won't.

The waft of 80k per week was enough to tempt Carroll and if you think any signing would have convinced him to stay I would say you are wrong. As for Jose and Tiote, I said if they want to challenge for a title or play champions league, so Man U, Chelsea,City or Arsenal not to mention Spain,Italy etc. If any top clubs come in for ANY of our players then they will go if they want to and its up to Ashley to get a deal thats right for NUFC and to re invest it.

I wasnt bleating when we had those players but no one had any idea how fucked the clubs finances were on the back of it all

as for your final point, could I borrow your crystal ball please

The Carroll issue and the fact Ashley should've had a look at the books aside, I think Happy Face has shown that Ashley could've spent less than the relegation cost him by handing KK a canny bit of money to spend as he chose. That's what sticks in my throat when you get the lines trotted out about how much of his own money he's spent. The media seem particularly blind to this so it's no wonder fans from NUFC and other clubs don't pick up on it much.

He's a shit owner as manc-mag points out, he no longer gives a shit about the fans its just business. He's fucking stupid, without doubt for the reasons you just point out.

My question is, whats his business? Where is he trying to take his investment? I obviously dont know but then i dont even really know what the doomsday scenario is either that is getting put forward.

His greatest crime is settling for less than we can acheive but then thats settling for less than his investment can acheive. If he sells Enrique and Tiote this summer and we fall back to the bottom of the league and out, it makes him an idiot as its his investment that suffers.

What i find the hardest to understand is that in the 12 games to go thread, people are happily predicting 50 points. There is a disconnect in logic in all of this.

Not sure he knows tbh. Or rather I would guess it's extremely fluid, depending on how the mood takes him. I think we've performed above expectations already this season like, almost no matter what happens here on in. That's no guarentee were good enough to stay up long term with the set of forwards we've got though. Especially if the next 12-18 months were to see Tiote, Ben Arfa and Enrique follow Carroll out the door. Basically what I'm saying is, don't get carried away with a good first season back up as I think the way he's running the club will see more bother in the future. It's not like we're going to unearth local players and sell them for massive fees very often, so it's not sustainable in that sense. Whether the Tiote and Ben Arfa signings are representative or fortunate is another matter but hopefully are scouting network is getting to somewhere near the level it should be.

I think just Tiote leaving would make about 6 to 9 places difference in the league, he is that important to the team. His signing has to be seen as part luck really, i dont know enough about Mr Carr to give him the credit for realising his potential. In that case, its highly unlikely that we could replicate the business.

With Best's scoring form as good as Carroll's early season form, there is a case to say we havent missed him (well especially as he is injured anyway). Tiote isnt replaceable, so if he goes, it will be baffling from a financial/investment point of view.

Edited by ChezGiven

If he says he's not for sale he's a liar and a puppet if he goes. If he admits it'll be tough keeping him he's asking for bids

ah. There was a time when we said someone wasn't for sale and they weren't. In fact, nobody bothered trying to buy our best players because they knew they wouldn't be sold.

Or because they were under-performing mercenaries?

must be nice living in a make believe little world like you do :lol:

Best players not for sale? Woodgate was our best defender and he was sold, so was Bellamy and Andy Cole wasnt too shabby either. Every player is for sale if the price is right. You think Man U wanted Ronaldo to go? If a player gets a whiff of more money and a better lifestyle or to play in the champions league then their head is turned and when a club makes a top offer then its bye-bye regardless who the manager/chairman is. The measure of the club is who replaces the sold player so we need to wait and see who comes in the summer.

oh fucking hell. Do bugger off man. Footballers are always leaving clubs, everywhere, but the top clubs replace the odd quality player they lose with another of the same calibre in the managers opinion and allow him to continue to attempt to improve the team with the cash from the sales. This is kids stuff. How much longer does this need to be explained ? How many idiots are there in this world ?

Thats what I said, It depends who the replacements are although in your book if we dont get Ronaldo,Tevez and Xavi then we are not ambitious enough. The reality is we are where we are at the moment and if we get players like Tiote or Jose who may have the ambition to play in the champions league or challenge for the title then thats the reality. Football has changed and we have no chance of top 4 even if we spend a fortune. We should aim for a top 6/7 spot and win a cup and play some European football in the Europa league. As long as those that leave are replaced with players who have something to offer and not just shite or so called big names then so be it. Or are you so deluded you think we should be spending 30mil on a player and 100k pw on wages??

your first line is bollocks. For starters, if we signed any one quality footballer, would Carroll have left, and would we be talking about the possibility of Enrique and Tiotte leaving ? My guess is both these players would be first in the queue to sign extended contracts.

Secondly, no person turned their noses up when we signed the likes of Shearer, Ferdinand, Ginola, Woodgate, Speed, Dyer etc etc bleating on about the club heading towards administration.

I agree that if the 35m quid is invested in footballers the manager decides will give us a better team than the one we had with Carroll in it, it should prompt a re-think about Mike Ashley and his ambitions for the club, but it won't.

The waft of 80k per week was enough to tempt Carroll and if you think any signing would have convinced him to stay I would say you are wrong. As for Jose and Tiote, I said if they want to challenge for a title or play champions league, so Man U, Chelsea,City or Arsenal not to mention Spain,Italy etc. If any top clubs come in for ANY of our players then they will go if they want to and its up to Ashley to get a deal thats right for NUFC and to re invest it.

I wasnt bleating when we had those players but no one had any idea how fucked the clubs finances were on the back of it all

as for your final point, could I borrow your crystal ball please

The Carroll issue and the fact Ashley should've had a look at the books aside, I think Happy Face has shown that Ashley could've spent less than the relegation cost him by handing KK a canny bit of money to spend as he chose. That's what sticks in my throat when you get the lines trotted out about how much of his own money he's spent. The media seem particularly blind to this so it's no wonder fans from NUFC and other clubs don't pick up on it much.

He's a shit owner as manc-mag points out, he no longer gives a shit about the fans its just business. He's fucking stupid, without doubt for the reasons you just point out.

My question is, whats his business? Where is he trying to take his investment? I obviously dont know but then i dont even really know what the doomsday scenario is either that is getting put forward.

His greatest crime is settling for less than we can acheive but then thats settling for less than his investment can acheive. If he sells Enrique and Tiote this summer and we fall back to the bottom of the league and out, it makes him an idiot as its his investment that suffers.

What i find the hardest to understand is that in the 12 games to go thread, people are happily predicting 50 points. There is a disconnect in logic in all of this.

Not sure he knows tbh. Or rather I would guess it's extremely fluid, depending on how the mood takes him. I think we've performed above expectations already this season like, almost no matter what happens here on in. That's no guarentee were good enough to stay up long term with the set of forwards we've got though. Especially if the next 12-18 months were to see Tiote, Ben Arfa and Enrique follow Carroll out the door. Basically what I'm saying is, don't get carried away with a good first season back up as I think the way he's running the club will see more bother in the future. It's not like we're going to unearth local players and sell them for massive fees very often, so it's not sustainable in that sense. Whether the Tiote and Ben Arfa signings are representative or fortunate is another matter but hopefully are scouting network is getting to somewhere near the level it should be.

Agree with all of that.

I'll emphasise "all of that" in case smartlad mancmag decides to become pedantic about it again. Daft tosspot.

To be honest, I didn't even get what you were on about me supposedly 'clipping' his last post (or words to that effect). Oddball.

quite easy smartlad, I was only replying to the last part of his post, which was quite obvious if you actually read it :lol:

Are those nasty mancs still laughing at your embarrassment ? Poor thing.

Sorry you're right. :o I forgot I was clairvoyant as well as a 'smart lad'.

Contrary to what you might think, it's not that easy to make sense of whats going on in your addled brain, so your point fails spectacularly.

exactly. Ambition is a choice, but sadly a lot of people had got used to seeing it and thought it would be automatic.

Alex's point is spot on fwiw. Sadly your actual desires are not reconcilable with having someone who is 'in the middle' so it's laughable that you quote it. You're basically endorsing the Ridsdale model in other posts ffs.

Obsessed.

Fuck off. You're wrong. I know you think you're a smart lad, but you're a thick idiot.

:lol:

Read my comments, I'm only commenting on the last bit of Alex's post, the only difference being that - unlike others - I don't clip his post before replying..........

ah, what a shame you're so thick you have called this owner and the last ones completely wrong and were stupidly taken in by Ashley.

Smart aren't you :o;)

What a wanker.

If you mean I was one of those "taken in" by him "buying Geordies pints in the Bigg Market", I think you'd actually find evidence on here that I was a dissenting voice on that point. The rest of what you said was just noise.

Obsessed.

How's the Aston Villa "plan" going by the way, which you endorsed when they gave Martin O'Neill a long contract, and had a "plan" which the Halls and Shepherd never had, according to you ? Have they matched them yet ?

true though isn't it ? :blush:

no.

He`s running the club within its means not within his means. The club will never be in a financial mess with him in charge but he`s never gonna chuck cash at it for fun, he`s nowhere near Roman or Mansoor when it comes to wealth but he could chuck in 15-20 mil for a couple of good players I agree.

Put yourself in his shoes tho`, you come to a game and get slated and called a fat cunt, your wife and kids see this?? Would you wanna put money in??

when he bought the club, most people thought he was the dogs bollocks just because he wasn't Fat Fred ? Laughable or what. Even more so, when he bought people pints in the Bigg Market and went home thinking how stupid all those Geordies were for being taken in by a blatant PR gimmick.

'Fat Fred' is used as shorthand for the entire ownership of the departing regime. Would you prefer we were relying on their money now, bearing in mind they wouldnt have the proceeds of a sale at their disposal, theres no credit available these days, we were massively in debt, and John Hall's more arsed about his roses at the moment.

I think just Tiote leaving would make about 6 to 9 places difference in the league, he is that important to the team. His signing has to be seen as part luck really, i dont know enough about Mr Carr to give him the credit for realising his potential. In that case, its highly unlikely that we could replicate the business.

With Best's scoring form as good as Carroll's early season form, there is a case to say we havent missed him (well especially as he is injured anyway). Tiote isnt replaceable, so if he goes, it will be baffling from a financial/investment point of view.

Unfortunately I think Tiote being such a bargain means there's that much scope for profit, so he'll go. Maybe in the summer or maybe in January. I hope I'm wrong. He won't be on much either as he came from a Dutch side (Twente) and was a bit of a squad player if you check (sorry about the shit pun) his stats. I know Carr is respected as a scout but having said that I still think we got lucky, if only in how quickly he adapted to the pace of the league etc.

The problem is we all want to be back in the early KK days breaking transfer records and challenging for the title.

We are like a fat lass whose being used to shoving Kebabs in night after night and now has to make do with cucumber sandwiches. She yearns for the Kebabs.

The football world has changed and without an Arab theres basically no chance of the top 4.

What we would should all be interested is steady year on year progress. Thats what I will accept.

I understand Alex's view of being sick of waiting for the promised land to appear, but I really think this summer is make or break.

I want to see lots of money spent and good prospects coming into the club. Any other big sales like Enrique, also need to be re-invested.

There will be no excuses, the moneys sitting there, they've got plenty of time to look about.

The summer will dictate my purchase of a season ticket and Im sure there are quite a few, wisely in that camp.

The problem is we all want to be back in the early KK days breaking transfer records and challenging for the title.

We are like a fat lass whose being used to shoving Kebabs in night after night and now has to make do with cucumber sandwiches. She yearns for the Kebabs.

The football world has changed and without an Arab theres basically no chance of the top 4.

What we would should all be interested is steady year on year progress. Thats what I will accept.

I understand Alex's view of being sick of waiting for the promised land to appear, but I really think this summer is make or break.

I want to see lots of money spent and good prospects coming into the club. Any other big sales like Enrique, also need to be re-invested.

There will be no excuses, the moneys sitting there, they've got plenty of time to look about.

The summer will dictate my purchase of a season ticket and Im sure there are quite a few, wisely in that camp.

Not sure you do understand my view as that's not quite what I was saying. The food metaphors are telling though :lol:

RE the Tiote signing being lucky, we have also been lucky that Joey Barton adapted so wonderfully to his role on the right. And while we're taking luck into account, we have to acknowledge a severe piece of misfortune when our most gifted attacking midfielder broke his leg early in the season. Due to the circumstances at the club, it will be hard to adequately replace any of our top quality players: Colo, Enrique, Tiote, BA, and Barton are top quality players who contribute to as strong a team ethic as I've seen in the last 10 years. You can't easily replace that, never mind their technical qualities as footballers.

'Fat Fred' is used as shorthand for the entire ownership of the departing regime. Would you prefer we were relying on their money now, bearing in mind they wouldnt have the proceeds of a sale at their disposal, theres no credit available these days, we were massively in debt, and John Hall's more arsed about his roses at the moment.

Ok Leazes, so he wasn't the owner but he ran things, hired and fired etc. So again a simple yes or no, would you prefer it the club was never sold and was run by Fred?? Remember yes or no, if you can

Nae offence to anyone like but all discussion of Shepherd etc just distracts us from the real questions.

I know but I just want LM to give a simple answer to a simple question which he, for some reason, won't

He never does, just reverts to the old "Would you rather this or a side who was in europe more than most in 15 years...blah blah blah YAWN fuckin YAWN" line.

Nae offence to anyone like but all discussion of Shepherd etc just distracts us from the real questions.

I know but I just want LM to give a simple answer to a simple question which he, for some reason, won't

i'm not on here all day man :lol: FWIW, I stand by what I have always said. Replacing the Halls and Shepherd would be far more difficult than poor little embarrassed dears like mancmag predicted, it may be decades before someone buys the club and gives us Champions League football again. They saved the club from certain administration too, now there's a thought for the Leeds Utd doom-mongers who appear to prefer the Bob Murray/Mike Ashley model.

The answer to your question is a no brainer. If the Halls and Shepherd had not sold the club, we would not have been relegated, and we would not be selling our best players and replacing them with freebies, loans and chancers. Oh, and Newcastle United are 10 times the club Leeds are, they would not have folded while they were 14th in footballs rich list.

I think your optimism in Mike Ashley is touching, but fantastically misguided.

Edited by LeazesMag

He never does, just reverts to the old "Would you rather this or a side who was in europe more than most in 15 years...blah blah blah YAWN fuckin YAWN" line.

administration, Leeds Utd, Peter Ridsdale, embarrassing, warehouses, trophy players, champions League

YAWN.

Ok Leazes, so he wasn't the owner but he ran things, hired and fired etc. So again a simple yes or no, would you prefer it the club was never sold and was run by Fred?? Remember yes or no, if you can

Sorry, but someone owning less than 30% of shares doesn't hire and fire everybody all on his own, despite your attempts at bashing everything you can think of.

Obsessed.

:o

Smart aren't you ;):blush:

What a wanker.

Obsessed.

true though isn't it ? ;)

no.

oh yes it is :lol:

Unfortunately I think Tiote being such a bargain means there's that much scope for profit, so he'll go. Maybe in the summer or maybe in January. I hope I'm wrong. He won't be on much either as he came from a Dutch side (Twente) and was a bit of a squad player if you check (sorry about the shit pun) his stats. I know Carr is respected as a scout but having said that I still think we got lucky, if only in how quickly he adapted to the pace of the league etc.

I think its lucky too. If Graham Carr has suddenly transformed into Peter Taylor [of Clough and Taylor not that cockney who has managed a load of lower division teams and is supposed to be a "good coach"], where has he been hiding all this time ?

i'm not on here all day man :lol: FWIW, I stand by what I have always said. Replacing the Halls and Shepherd would be far more difficult than poor little embarrassed dears like mancmag predicted, it may be decades before someone buys the club and gives us Champions League football again. They saved the club from certain administration too, now there's a thought for the Leeds Utd doom-mongers who appear to prefer the Bob Murray/Mike Ashley model.

The answer to your question is a no brainer. If the Halls and Shepherd had not sold the club, we would not have been relegated, and we would not be selling our best players and replacing them with freebies, loans and chancers. Oh, and Newcastle United are 10 times the club Leeds are, they would not have folded while they were 14th in footballs rich list.

So rich they hocked all the incoming sponsor money and the club was in massive debt. You are a bit off a bell end, if any club can't pay its debts they will go into administration. Newcastle,Leeds or Any other club. So in short you would rather run the club beyond its means with the hope of champions league football and if that fails then don't worry about the debt we are Nufc

So rich they hocked all the incoming sponsor money and the club was in massive debt. You are a bit off a bell end, if any club can't pay its debts they will go into administration. Newcastle,Leeds or Any other club. So in short you would rather run the club beyond its means with the hope of champions league football and if that fails then don't worry about the debt we are Nufc

Basically aye. Or in other words, don't worry about administration, because someone will just come along to buy the debt and the club further down the line. Which is probably true, but wait a minute...as a strategy it's success is completely dependent on the randomness of whichever chancer comes in to invest and bail you out. Ignore that minor flaw though, obviously and continue whining. Rinse and repeat.

you are an arsehole son.

Stick with the Bob Murray/Mike Ashley plan, and celebrate premiership survival if that is your aim.

Mike Ashley will cream his knicks at supporters with the low expectations that you have.

Basically aye. Or in other words, don't worry about administration, because someone will just come along to buy the debt and the club further down the line. Which is probably true, but wait a minute...as a strategy it's success is completely dependent on the randomness of whichever chancer comes in to invest and bail you out. Ignore that minor flaw though, obviously and continue whining. Rinse and repeat.

"must have a plan", like Aston Villa who got nowhere near the Halls and Shepherd that embarrassed you when we played in the Champions League etc etc ......yawn. Rinse and repeat.

What a prick.