José Enrique

Baggio

Enrique is going...

nobody knows better than the best players at the club, if they are wasting their time here or not. We've just witnessed one of them leaving for a record transfer fee to a club who don't feel overconcerned at bankruptcy, overspending, administration etc despite having a smaller ground and less supporters than we do for starters.

They have, of course, been doing everything wrong for over 40 years now. :lol:

They were skint under the last lot you mug, they have spent the Torres and Babbel money on Carroll and Saurez. They can't compete with the big boys on spending power either. It's Going to be a 3 team scrap for 4th place for the foreseeable future. As for when we got sold we were going nowhere fast with a massive debt.

fucking wanker. What are you talking about ? They have won trophies for over 40 years by buying top quality footballers to their football club, the latest addition being one of our best players and smashed a transfer record, and tosspots like you are saying it isn't how you do it ?

We will see if we in turn spend that 35m quid like they have just done and in the same manner ? There's only one mug here if you think we will come out of this with that with the intent to push nearer the top of the league when it is all over, which is their aim.

Newcastle United knew Carroll was leaving the club, and they left it too late to bring in a replacement but announced they would try and bring Charles N'Zogbia to the club, from Mike Ashleys best mate in football ??? Yeah, right. What sort of tosspot buys a story like that ? While Liverpool know Torres is going and line up Carroll as a top replacement ? Can't you see the difference ? I'll be kind to you and leave it there, hopefully you will wise up. You certainly will in a year or two if you also bookmark and look back at this thread.

Did you manage to ignore the bit in bold? There's a surprise.

Funny that eh?? Jesus this guy doesn't live in the real world. Yeah they spent big on Carroll but they also spent 20 mil on Aquilani, that was good business, loaning him to Juve after 6 months. Their money has come from the Torres deal, you think they will spend 50-60 mil in summer, I don't

why don't you answer my complete post ?

I don't know where you come from lad, or what you think you know about the club, but my guess is you know sweet fuck all. Liverpool live in the real world, they know that a winning football team playing in europe and competing for trophies is the place to be. Of course, tossers like you know best.

Kindly tell me the only time in living memory we have finished above Liverpool in the league and performed better in a period of time, who owned the club and how they did it [in the real world that is....] :lol:

They did it by spending a lot of money, which was money they didnt have. Ie, buying the dream, the problem is we won fuck all, nowt, nish, bo fucking diddly. Liverpool won fa cups,league cups and the champions league so I guess the money Fred spent wasn't spent that wisely, also decisions like sacking Bobby, appointing Souness,signing Boumsong,Luque and the like didn't work. Take those rose tinted specs off Cunto and pull your tongue out of Shepherds arse and get a fucking grip. I'm hard pushed to find anyone on here that agrees with you, so is everyone wrong??

what a load of emotional cherry picked crap.

Lets talk about the Champions League, buying the players who got us there, qualifying for europe more than everybody bar 4 clubs in a 15 year period, transforming the club from one foot in the 3rd division that couldn't sell for 1.25m quid into 14th in the football rich list with one of the best stadiums in the country, if you want to talk about "rose tinted specs" because I'm fucked if I can see what colour specs you must be wearing if you can't see all of that.

Enrique is going...

nobody knows better than the best players at the club, if they are wasting their time here or not. We've just witnessed one of them leaving for a record transfer fee to a club who don't feel overconcerned at bankruptcy, overspending, administration etc despite having a smaller ground and less supporters than we do for starters.

They have, of course, been doing everything wrong for over 40 years now. :o

They were skint under the last lot you mug, they have spent the Torres and Babbel money on Carroll and Saurez. They can't compete with the big boys on spending power either. It's Going to be a 3 team scrap for 4th place for the foreseeable future. As for when we got sold we were going nowhere fast with a massive debt.

fucking wanker. What are you talking about ? They have won trophies for over 40 years by buying top quality footballers to their football club, the latest addition being one of our best players and smashed a transfer record, and tosspots like you are saying it isn't how you do it ?

We will see if we in turn spend that 35m quid like they have just done and in the same manner ? There's only one mug here if you think we will come out of this with that with the intent to push nearer the top of the league when it is all over, which is their aim.

Newcastle United knew Carroll was leaving the club, and they left it too late to bring in a replacement but announced they would try and bring Charles N'Zogbia to the club, from Mike Ashleys best mate in football ??? Yeah, right. What sort of tosspot buys a story like that ? While Liverpool know Torres is going and line up Carroll as a top replacement ? Can't you see the difference ? I'll be kind to you and leave it there, hopefully you will wise up. You certainly will in a year or two if you also bookmark and look back at this thread.

The difference is that Liverpool need European football because of their financial situation, so HAD to take that big money gamble to stand any chance of meeting their targets/requirements for the season. We didn't need a big money gamble or to be ripped off, we're surpassing our targets without being ripped off. Or do you think we should have spent the 35 million on a whim to push for a europa league spot (that isn't worth 35 million anyway)?

oh fuck. Here comes the clown...........see your phrase "take that big money gamble"..........

Winners take gambles, losers sell their best players to the gamblers.....hey but what the hell, who's living in the real world here and who's supporting the bloke who is putting the club into a decline .....

Losing your best players to a club you should be trying to emulate, one that we finished above more than a few times during the period of the last owners, is the way to go in your "real" world isn't it ;)

Answering with wank generalisations, that's not like you :lol:

not answering a post with facts in it, thats just like you :lol:

Enrique is going...

Funny that eh?? Jesus this guy doesn't live in the real world. Yeah they spent big on Carroll but they also spent 20 mil on Aquilani, that was good business, loaning him to Juve after 6 months. Their money has come from the Torres deal, you think they will spend 50-60 mil in summer, I don't

I don't know where you come from lad, or what you think you know about the club, but my guess is you know sweet fuck all. Liverpool live in the real world, they know that a winning football team playing in europe and competing for trophies is the place to be. Of course, tossers like you know best.

Kindly tell me the only time in living memory we have finished above Liverpool in the league and performed better in a period of time, who owned the club and how they did it [in the real world that is....] :lol:

They did it by spending a lot of money, which was money they didnt have. Ie, buying the dream, the problem is we won fuck all, nowt, nish, bo fucking diddly. Liverpool won fa cups,league cups and the champions league so I guess the money Fred spent wasn't spent that wisely, also decisions like sacking Bobby, appointing Souness,signing Boumsong,Luque and the like didn't work. Take those rose tinted specs off Cunto and pull your tongue out of Shepherds arse and get a fucking grip. I'm hard pushed to find anyone on here that agrees with you, so is everyone wrong??

Lets talk about the Champions League, buying the players who got us there, qualifying for europe more than everybody bar 4 clubs in a 15 year period, transforming the club from one foot in the 3rd division that couldn't sell for 1.25m quid into 14th in the football rich list with one of the best stadiums in the country, if you want to talk about "rose tinted specs" because I'm fucked if I can see what colour specs you must be wearing if you can't see all of that.

Copy and paste mate, your replies are all the same. Rich list, 3 rd division blah fucking blah. Same old shite time and again. Where were we when Ashley bought us? Yeah he fucked up but I reckon as we are now we are in a better state financialy and with a more committed group of players than before

Enrique is going...

They have, of course, been doing everything wrong for over 40 years now. ;)

The difference is that Liverpool need European football because of their financial situation, so HAD to take that big money gamble to stand any chance of meeting their targets/requirements for the season. We didn't need a big money gamble or to be ripped off, we're surpassing our targets without being ripped off. Or do you think we should have spent the 35 million on a whim to push for a europa league spot (that isn't worth 35 million anyway)?

oh fuck. Here comes the clown...........see your phrase "take that big money gamble"..........

Winners take gambles, losers sell their best players to the gamblers.....hey but what the hell, who's living in the real world here and who's supporting the bloke who is putting the club into a decline .....

Losing your best players to a club you should be trying to emulate, one that we finished above more than a few times during the period of the last owners, is the way to go in your "real" world isn't it :blush:

Like you, stating the club has been taken backwards when the facts are...

Position on day of purchase 14th

Position now 9th

Erm, you are a fan of facts, huh? :o

You won't acknowledge these facts though, this is when the facts become unimportant and you change from a factition to an opinioner, voicing that the club won't achieve the same european achievements as the last board. So, facts man, is 9th better than 14th or not?

Enrique is going...

Copy and paste mate, your replies are all the same. Rich list, 3 rd division blah fucking blah. Same old shite time and again. Where were we when Ashley bought us? Yeah he fucked up but I reckon as we are now we are in a better state financialy and with a more committed group of players than before

so are yours, but unfortunately for you, you know fuck all about the club and are living in dreamland if you think Mike Ashley is doing anything but presiding over a slow decline of this football club.

Edited by LeazesMag

Enrique is going...

Losing your best players to a club you should be trying to emulate, one that we finished above more than a few times during the period of the last owners, is the way to go in your "real" world isn't it :blush:

Position now 9th

You won't acknowledge these facts though, this is when the facts become unimportant and you change from a factition to an opinioner, voicing that the club won't achieve the same european achievements as the last board. So, facts man, is 9th better than 14th or not?

you're a mug if you think one half decent season changes the fact that the club is in decline.

When he qualifies for the Champions League, europe and puts the club back among the top players in footballs rich list ie generating big money, then maybe you can say he is doing as well as his predecessors.

I don't really know why I'm telling you this again, what a waste of time.

Enrique is going...

so are yours, but unfortunately for you, you know fuck all about the club and are living in dreamland if you think Mike Ashley is doing anything but presiding over a slow decline of this football club.

14 Decline is this way ↓ incline is this way↑

Enrique is going...

Ok, answer the following

When was the last time we finished above Liverpool

Who was the last top player we signed

When was our last champions league game

Where in the league were we when we got sold

Enrique is going...

Position now 9th

you're a mug if you think one half decent season changes the fact that the club is in decline.

When he qualifies for the Champions League, europe and puts the club back among the top players in footballs rich list ie generating big money, then maybe you can say he is doing as well as his predecessors.

I don't really know why I'm telling you this again, what a waste of time.

The club had already declined from european football when he bought it. Therefore it is not in decline, it had already declined.

FACT.

You like facts, right?

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

train-derail.jpg

How's about you two fuck off back to your play ground, eh?

(like the way I found a really old knackered train too? That was deliberate, cos this shit is old, and the train is old. It's representative y'see

Just going back to what alex and Leazes said to us earlier (i've been thinking about it) about giving Ashley the benefit of the doubt. Whatever it is that is in doubt...

Its not that hard to say ok am prepared to see what happens in the summer , we're sitting 9th in the league and progress on the pitch since relegation has been obvious. During this time he's made loads of decisions that have pissed people off on the basis of what they thought they meant for the future of the club. People have a right to trust this instinct as it grew from Keegan and the subsequent relegation. However, since we went down, he has got some things right, whether by default or luck, its not clear. His decision to leave Hughton in charge instead of Shearer paid off but like 99% of posters on here at the time, clearly didnt rate him as a long term solution. The decision to replace him was fucking out of order given what he had done for us but since then its fair to say Pardew has done ok. Certainly not a fuck up yet and could well be an improvement as a manager.

The transfer window last January was a success with the players coming in visibly improving us and our results/performances. Last summer's window was a mixed bag but if Ben Arfa had stayed fit, i dont think 2 players of such technical quality have ever been signed at those prices (relative) in my lifetime in just one transfer window. Maybe a couple of decent windows in the 90s but hey, that was the peak for the club in 50 years.

The sale of Carroll was baffling against this apparent upward trajectory. Its a bit one-eyed to say that the success is just a fluke and he has been aiming lower as though Carroll leaving is just a re-callibration of where he wants the club to be. Stevie, who hates Ashley's guts more than most, thinks £35m was too good to turn down. I wish he had stayed for all sorts of daft reasons. Anyway since then, it seems he has rode his luck again. Maybe he told Pardew to leave him out against Wigan, West Ham, Sunderland, Spurs to see if the club could survive until the summer with his loss (the ITK on Pardew seemed to think that him being able to sell players close to Hughton was a factor, however that makes Pardew a scarily good liar). Or maybe he saw the club go unbeaten for 4 tough games without him and pick up 8 excellent points and this gave him the confidence to sell him. Maybe he didnt want to replace him in January because of the market issues and the bad bargaining position. With people happily predicting 50 points without Carroll, i have to say it looks like he got that right too, didnt he? Since 50 points is better than you ever dreamt 5 months ago? I do massively take on board alex's point about not getting carried away by half a decent season but do the events of the last 2 seasons tell us to trust our fears? We've all been very wrong 2 seasons in a row. No one really thought we would walk the championship, no one thought we would be 9th in February, no one knew where the goals were going to come from. We keep doing better than we expect to do. Maybe there's something in that...

So its not that hard given these positives to say well aye go on then, lets see how we do in the summer. It was always going to be a transitional season so next summer was always going to be the litmus test for the future. I reckon the odds are slightly against it but a possible scenario goes, nearly 50 points, £10m on a striker, some reinforcements and no one leaves. Thats still possible isnt it? I think everyone involved in the club from the players, the coaching staff to the fans will be fucking fuming if the summer doesnt bring top quality additions to the first 11 and squad.

train-derail.jpg

How's about you two fuck off back to your play ground, eh?

(like the way I found a really old knackered train too? That was deliberate, cos this shit is old, and the train is old. It's representative y'see

:lol: at what this thread has become......................

:lol:

ffs guys, give it a rest.

Just going back to what alex and Leazes said to us earlier (i've been thinking about it) about giving Ashley the benefit of the doubt. Whatever it is that is in doubt...

Its not that hard to say ok am prepared to see what happens in the summer , we're sitting 9th in the league and progress on the pitch since relegation has been obvious. During this time he's made loads of decisions that have pissed people off on the basis of what they thought they meant for the future of the club. People have a right to trust this instinct as it grew from Keegan and the subsequent relegation. However, since we went down, he has got some things right, whether by default or luck, its not clear. His decision to leave Hughton in charge instead of Shearer paid off but like 99% of posters on here at the time, clearly didnt rate him as a long term solution. The decision to replace him was fucking out of order given what he had done for us but since then its fair to say Pardew has done ok. Certainly not a fuck up yet and could well be an improvement as a manager.

The transfer window last January was a success with the players coming in visibly improving us and our results/performances. Last summer's window was a mixed bag but if Ben Arfa had stayed fit, i dont think 2 players of such technical quality have ever been signed at those prices (relative) in my lifetime in just one transfer window. Maybe a couple of decent windows in the 90s but hey, that was the peak for the club in 50 years.

The sale of Carroll was baffling against this apparent upward trajectory. Its a bit one-eyed to say that the success is just a fluke and he has been aiming lower as though Carroll leaving is just a re-callibration of where he wants the club to be. Stevie, who hates Ashley's guts more than most, thinks £35m was too good to turn down. I wish he had stayed for all sorts of daft reasons. Anyway since then, it seems he has rode his luck again. Maybe he told Pardew to leave him out against Wigan, West Ham, Sunderland, Spurs to see if the club could survive until the summer with his loss (the ITK on Pardew seemed to think that him being able to sell players close to Hughton was a factor, however that makes Pardew a scarily good liar). Or maybe he saw the club go unbeaten for 4 tough games without him and pick up 8 excellent points and this gave him the confidence to sell him. Maybe he didnt want to replace him in January because of the market issues and the bad bargaining position. With people happily predicting 50 points without Carroll, i have to say it looks like he got that right too, didnt he? Since 50 points is better than you ever dreamt 5 months ago? I do massively take on board alex's point about not getting carried away by half a decent season but do the events of the last 2 seasons tell us to trust our fears? We've all been very wrong 2 seasons in a row. No one really thought we would walk the championship, no one thought we would be 9th in February, no one knew where the goals were going to come from. We keep doing better than we expect to do. Maybe there's something in that...

So its not that hard given these positives to say well aye go on then, lets see how we do in the summer. It was always going to be a transitional season so next summer was always going to be the litmus test for the future. I reckon the odds are slightly against it but a possible scenario goes, nearly 50 points, £10m on a striker, some reinforcements and no one leaves. Thats still possible isnt it? I think everyone involved in the club from the players, the coaching staff to the fans will be fucking fuming if the summer doesnt bring top quality additions to the first 11 and squad.

Good post Chez, despite the multiple obvious fuck ups we are still doing okay on the pitch. And while views on Ashley will probably remain mixed at best, this summer's activity should demonstrate if Carrollgate was an unrefusable blip or part of an ideology.

Well said.

Fish you're a fuckin' cock mate, I've barely even been involved and he's been rambling on for pages with other posters and as soon as I join in you get on your horse. You fucking stupid ugly wanker, you're more of a train wreck than anything i've ever posted. He actively argues with manc-mag too, where's your horse at there? Fuckin' nob jockey.

Fish you're a fuckin' cock mate, I've barely even been involved and he's been rambling on for pages with other posters and as soon as I join in you get on your horse. You fucking stupid ugly wanker, you're more of a train wreck than anything i've ever posted. He actively argues with manc-mag too, where's your horse at there? Fuckin' nob jockey.

:o

Is that truly what he said? If you've not edited that, that's fucking quality. What an internet warrior.

Bit of a hair trigger this kid, gotta disappoint his bird. :lol:

:o

;)

Is that truly what he said? If you've not edited that, that's fucking quality . What an internet warrior.

fucking is too :lol:

I think just Tiote leaving would make about 6 to 9 places difference in the league, he is that important to the team. His signing has to be seen as part luck really, i dont know enough about Mr Carr to give him the credit for realising his potential. In that case, its highly unlikely that we could replicate the business.

With Best's scoring form as good as Carroll's early season form, there is a case to say we havent missed him (well especially as he is injured anyway). Tiote isnt replaceable, so if he goes, it will be baffling from a financial/investment point of view.

Unfortunately I think Tiote being such a bargain means there's that much scope for profit, so he'll go. Maybe in the summer or maybe in January. I hope I'm wrong. He won't be on much either as he came from a Dutch side (Twente) and was a bit of a squad player if you check (sorry about the shit pun) his stats. I know Carr is respected as a scout but having said that I still think we got lucky, if only in how quickly he adapted to the pace of the league etc.

Isn't it also important to recognise that Tiote was a Hughton signing on the back of KK initial interest before fuckwit Mike tried to destroy the reputation of a Newcastle legend.

As for HBA everyone new how good he was when his agent started touting him around and we just got lucky that he was willing to take as big a chance on us as we were on him.

Basically it doesn't bode well for the hope our scouts are going to constantly unearth cheap players from foreign and lower leagues when our best two signings had little to nothing to do with them.

Isn't it also important to recognise that Tiote was a Hughton signing on the back of KK initial interest before fuckwit Mike tried to destroy the reputation of a Newcastle legend.

As for HBA everyone new how good he was when his agent started touting him around and we just got lucky that he was willing to take as big a chance on us as we were on him.

Basically it doesn't bode well for the hope our scouts are going to constantly unearth cheap players from foreign and lower leagues when our best two signings had little to nothing to do with them.

Indeed. We don't even really know who the people with the supposed 35m to spend are.. apart from the fact that Ashley has the final say on player movements.

;)

:blush:

Is that truly what he said? If you've not edited that, that's fucking quality. What an internet warrior.

As opposed to the internet thread police with your sobbing the only siren. Wahhhhhhh wahhhhhhh they're at it again, gimp

Internet warrior btw :lol: When a guy that I've only ever interacted with online is being a helmet, the way to tell them really is on the internet. I'm not leazes, I'm not going to threaten to hunt you down with the use of only the name on your birth certificate :o But to call someone an internet warrior for giving you a small dose of the truth on here suggests that you believe that I'd be too afraid to tell you that to your face, obviously no self realisation that you're a weedy middle aged bald guy.

Good post, Chez. I think the thing that's hard to believe is that there's any method to what he's doing, other than the desire to cut costs and make short term profits. Our progress from where we were when we were relegated might just be down to luck. Like you say all will become clear in the summer. If he doesn't plough the money from Carroll back into the team, I think we'll know we're not going to progress. And so will the players.

Fish: Get off your horse and drink your milk! :lol:

Chez: Good post. Pretty much where I stand with it all tbh-and that doesn't imply any blind, overarching trust in Ashley at all, it's just a general weighing up of where we've seen improvements as against errors (recently) and a realisation that the 'second season up' is often crucial for any club, but even more so in our case given the events of the last window.

Fish: Get off your horse and drink your milk! :lol:

Chez: Good post. Pretty much where I stand with it all tbh-and that doesn't imply any blind, overarching trust in Ashley at all, it's just a general weighing up of where we've seen improvements as against errors (recently) and a realisation that the 'second season up' is often crucial for any club, but even more so in our case given the events of the last window.

Me too. I also share Wacky's view that I hope he crashes his helicopter though.