Belletti may quit Barca

Jimbo

Steven Taylor's gonna feel under pressure surely.

Enrique

Rozehnal

Cacapa

Yipes

Faye

Taylor?

Personally I don't think the Yepes deal is gonna happen. I could be wrong, all though that's highly unlikely not to be the case.

I do think they should maybe send Huntington and even Edgar out on loan as they've gto no chance really.

Something which quite a few on here suggested some time ago would and should happen and why he shouldn't have been considered for the captaincy.

I don't think he's anywhere near a finished article - sure he has potential, but then so does Huntingdon and Edgar. Be interesting to see how he deals with it, if he's anything about him, he'll deal with the competition positively and up his game. If he flounces and asks for a transfer then he's an idiot!

I agree and sadly I can't see him being mature about it either. I can see him fucking off to Arsenal or somewhere down south, but we'll see. Apparently everyone’s buzzing knowing the club are likely to do well this season so are positively battling for a starting place. Taylor does seem to have a snotty ego, but who am I to say that, I don't know him personally......so shut up then! Alight then I will...ssshhhhhh! They can see your talking to yourself! :woosh:

BS said he would turn his attention to the academy once he sorts the 1st team out so hopefully we won’t have to look abroad in future.

Guest Patrokles
to be honest I'd rather Ryan Taylor than Belletti. He's very suspect defensibely =/ if he gets Carr out the side then maybe he can win me over.

Belletti is a quality right back who offers a lot going forward. He's not that suspect defensively.

Seems a strange choice after Sam's comments that he wants his full backs to be defenders first and foremost rather than wing backs.

but in fairness he's so much better than carr at defending and attacking lol

spotted this on NO.

En las próximas cuarenta y ocho horas el héroe de París puede dejar de ser jugador del Barcelona y fichar por el Newcastle. Su hermano y representante se encuentra en Barcelona para tratar de cerrar la operación lo antes posible. Cuatro millones de euros es la cifra que al final recibirá el Barcelona por el traspaso del lateral brasileño y el jugador firmará un contrato por tres años a razón de un salario de 70.000 euros semanales. Vamos, que al final el Barça y el jugador han tenido que claudicar pues la oferta azulgrana superaba los 5 millones de euros y la del jugador llegaba a los 75.000 euros semanales.

roughly translated:

in next the forty and eight hours the hero of Paris can stop being player of Barcelona and to file by the Newcastle. His brother and representative are in Barcelona to try to close the operation as rapidly as possible. Four million euros are the number that in the end will receive Barcelona by the lateral crossing of the Brazilian and the player will sign a contract by three years at the rate of a wage of 70,000 weekly euros. We go, that in the end the Barça and the player have had to waver because the azulgrana supply surpassed the 5 million euros and the one of the player it arrived at the 75,000 weekly euros.

in the catalan paper sport.es looks like a deal is close

spotted this on NO.

En las próximas cuarenta y ocho horas el héroe de París puede dejar de ser jugador del Barcelona y fichar por el Newcastle. Su hermano y representante se encuentra en Barcelona para tratar de cerrar la operación lo antes posible. Cuatro millones de euros es la cifra que al final recibirá el Barcelona por el traspaso del lateral brasileño y el jugador firmará un contrato por tres años a razón de un salario de 70.000 euros semanales. Vamos, que al final el Barça y el jugador han tenido que claudicar pues la oferta azulgrana superaba los 5 millones de euros y la del jugador llegaba a los 75.000 euros semanales.

roughly translated:

in next the forty and eight hours the hero of Paris can stop being player of Barcelona and to file by the Newcastle. His brother and representative are in Barcelona to try to close the operation as rapidly as possible. Four million euros are the number that in the end will receive Barcelona by the lateral crossing of the Brazilian and the player will sign a contract by three years at the rate of a wage of 70,000 weekly euros. We go, that in the end the Barça and the player have had to waver because the azulgrana supply surpassed the 5 million euros and the one of the player it arrived at the 75,000 weekly euros.

in the catalan paper sport.es looks like a deal is close

So £50k a week? I thought the club was trying to get a grip on massive salaries? still having said that....

...Yes please :)

to be honest I'd rather Ryan Taylor than Belletti. He's very suspect defensibely =/ if he gets Carr out the side then maybe he can win me over.

Belletti is a quality right back who offers a lot going forward. He's not that suspect defensively.

Not as much as Bernard/Babayaro/Carr, but he's not the out-and-out defender Sam usually likes.

Guest Patrokles

Not as much as Bernard/Babayaro/Carr, but he's not the out-and-out defender Sam usually likes.

I'd personally rather have a full-back who can attack than an out-and-out defender.