Gibson blasts Viduka & Yak

bawan

Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson has hit out at Mark Viduka and Yakubu Aiyegbeni saying the club are well shot of the pair.

Viduka made his first return to Middlesbrough on Sunday scoring for new club Newcastle in the 2-2 draw at The Riverside.

The Australian international accused Middlesbrough of not doing enough to keep him after he left the club on a free transfer in the summer.

However, Gibson has blasted Viduka and revealed he felt 'tainted' by Viduka's wage demands fearing his new contract could have financially damaged the club.

"We spoke to him and his agent last Christmas and I was told very early that it was about money and that Mark would go to the highest bidder," said Gibson.

"The wages went up by many millions and I felt almost tainted by it.

"I felt so uncomfortable that it was almost a relief when he went to Newcastle because of the sums involved.

"A four or five-year deal with players today can be a risk of £25million, decisions have to be precise and detailed.

"Mark Viduka is 32 on his next birthday and he was asking for a three-year contract and asking for a figure which, over a year, would equate to over half of our gate income. He averaged eight goals a season in the Premier League. He turned down a fantastic offer and we move on."

Gibson also believes Middlesbrough have done the right thing in selling Yakubu to Everton claiming the Nigerian "switched off halfway through last season and we still don't know why".

Meanwhile, Boro boss Gareth Southgate has hit out at Newcastle fans for the taunts aimed at Mido during Sunday's game.

Mido was booked for making a gesture to the Newcastle fans after scoring and Southgate was unhappy at the nature of the abuse aimed at the Egyptian international.

"It's OK for 3,000 to abuse one person. But when the boot is on the other foot, he gets punished," said Southgate.

"In terms of civil liberties, I find that very strange. After scoring the goal, we had to calm him down a bit."

However, Gibson has blasted Viduka and revealed he felt 'tainted' by Viduka's wage demands fearing his new contract could have financially damaged the club.

Small town club

"I felt so uncomfortable that it was almost a relief when he went to Newcastle because of the sums involved.

Then stop moaning about it and shut the fuck up then

"Mark Viduka is 32 on his next birthday and he was asking for a three-year contract and asking for a figure which, over a year, would equate to over half of our gate income. He averaged eight goals a season in the Premier League. He turned down a fantastic offer and we move on."

Poor bastard, no wonder he wanted to move on, you could harldy feed a family of four on half Boros gate receipts.

Bitter smog twat.

Boskic £63k per week?

Boskic :mellow: you've just reminded me of that Noel Whelan story :razz:

During his time at the Riverside a story about Boksic circulated around Teesside. In a classic Armani suit-and bovver-boots combination, the ex-Juventus star found himself partnered up front by Noel Whelan. He was not impressed. And who can blame him? Whelan was a hard worker, a bustler, but he carried all the attacking threat of Tupperware. At one point during his Boro career he had scored more goals in his own net than he had in the opposition's. Boksic may have been so slothful he appeared to be teetering permanently on the cusp of hibernation, but he had standards.

According to the story, one Monday, after a particularly inept display by the former Leeds target man, Boksic went in to see the Boro secretary. "What does Whelan earn per week?" he demanded. The secretary told him. "And how long does he have left on his contract?" The secretary told him and the striker stalked out. The next day he returned, waving a cheque. "This is the money Whelan will earn during the rest of his time here. Give it to him now," he commanded , "and tell him to fuck off !"

For anyone who hadn't heard the story.

Boskic £63k per week?

Boskic :mellow: you've just reminded me of that Noel Whelan story :razz:

During his time at the Riverside a story about Boksic circulated around Teesside. In a classic Armani suit-and bovver-boots combination, the ex-Juventus star found himself partnered up front by Noel Whelan. He was not impressed. And who can blame him? Whelan was a hard worker, a bustler, but he carried all the attacking threat of Tupperware. At one point during his Boro career he had scored more goals in his own net than he had in the opposition's. Boksic may have been so slothful he appeared to be teetering permanently on the cusp of hibernation, but he had standards.

According to the story, one Monday, after a particularly inept display by the former Leeds target man, Boksic went in to see the Boro secretary. "What does Whelan earn per week?" he demanded. The secretary told him. "And how long does he have left on his contract?" The secretary told him and the striker stalked out. The next day he returned, waving a cheque. "This is the money Whelan will earn during the rest of his time here. Give it to him now," he commanded , "and tell him to fuck off !"

For anyone who hadn't heard the story.

I hadnt and that is utter class :blush: