COME ON ENGLAND/Republic of Ireland/Northern Ireland/Scotland

duckerDavies

Lawro wanking over Gerrard for a change. Barry has been clearly the better player tonight.

Good job Lamps is injured eh ? ;)

Yeah. Lawro would have nobody to talk about. I guess he could talk about how well Gerrard sits down the middle of the bench though.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor refereeing that, two quality tackles from Joe Cole in matter of seconds and he got a yellow card/conceded two free-kicks.

To be fair to the ref, all tackles from behind like that, even if they get the ball, tend to result in a yellow card in International football. Shite I know, but it happens.

Lawro wanking over Gerrard for a change. Barry has been clearly the better player tonight.

Barry has done an excellent job tonight. Soaked it up, passed out of danger. Difficult to compare him to Gerrard as the are both playing with completely different objectives. On his form though, it's difficult to see him giving up his place to Hargreves.

As IM typing, Rio pops one one in. WTF?

First off - all credit to mclaren for picking an excellent TEAM, not necesarily the best players available.

barry was awesome, owen looks sharp but seemed to tire a bit in the 2nd half.

i also thought some of the russian passing and movement was superb and the return game will be very different.

Fantastic win for Scotland - will be great to see them qualify for Euro 2008, which they surely will now.

What I just posted on N-O when someone said something similar..

Thats bollocks tbh

With only two points in it and Scotland having the worst run of games out of the top three we could easily still not qualify. Ukraine and Italy and home and Georgia away are far from easy games and I still wouldn't be surprised if we did not qualify

_1899875_trezeguetcaldwell300.jpg

Whats the score now bawbag? Two wins to the Scots...

;)

Had forgotten about that pic :icon_lol: what a win!

My only concern about the England team at the moment is how much McClaren's decisions were forced by injury rather than tactical awareness... a bit like under Roeder last season.

2007091220gyi0000703769ij4.th.jpg

Nice result for Scotland (and Wales although probably just for pride).

England playing like a football team again (rather than a collection of individuals - that's down to playing players that can play well together rather than the necessarily "best" 11, although that may be down to as much "luck" as judgement).

And for Newcastle, Owen looking rather good.