Speed to be offered Toon job

Ketsbaia

I, for one, and I have had many supportive PM's on this, am deeply concerned about Gary Speed coming back here. After all, when he was here he continued to play games for his country when fit and was happy enough to leave for another club rather than toss himself off the Tyne bridge in front of people coughing up their hard earned cash.

If he was to return I could never truly be sure of his motives, I would always have a nagging doubt that he was merely trying to ensure his current family and future genetic heritage had the best possible opportunity to survive and, with luck, have a good life.

That's the kind of attitude that makes me want to call anyone within earshot a cunt or a wanker.

Eh?

I, for one, and I have had many supportive PM's on this, am deeply concerned about Gary Speed coming back here. After all, when he was here he continued to play games for his country when fit and was happy enough to leave for another club rather than toss himself off the Tyne bridge in front of people coughing up their hard earned cash.

If he was to return I could never truly be sure of his motives, I would always have a nagging doubt that he was merely trying to ensure his current family and future genetic heritage had the best possible opportunity to survive and, with luck, have a good life.

That's the kind of attitude that makes me want to call anyone within earshot a cunt or a wanker.

Eh?

Sorry mate, you'll probably have to read a lot of garbage to appreciate the childish sarcasm above

;):icon_lol::rolleyes:

what price a future coaching staff of speed and lee with shearer as manager? and no doubt terry mac still on the payroll in some capacity

i'm not sure, what happens on away trips when the team bus pulls in at scotch corner for a piss break? what with Robs previous form???

;)

I like how people would want Speed here as a coach even though they know fuck all about his abilities in that department and he's just been kicked off the Bolton coaching staff after a few months.

Jobs for the boys and all that.

I like how people would want Speed here as a coach even though they know fuck all about his abilities in that department and he's just been kicked off the Bolton coaching staff after a few months.

Not according to Speed he wasn't. He said it was his decision to concentrate on playing.

Not according to Speed he wasn't. He said it was his decision to concentrate on playing.

The piece I read said he was relieved of his duties as coach, the sentiment is still the same though, why would people want Speed here when they know nothing about his abilities as a coach? Is it because he was a good player for us and came across as a decent bloke?

The piece I read said he was relieved of his duties as coach, the sentiment is still the same though, why would people want Speed here when they know nothing about his abilities as a coach? Is it because he was a good player for us and came across as a decent bloke?

I do know what you are saying mate, but I assume its down to the fact that it is often reported that within the game managers and coaches, including Sam, have high hopes for him as a coach.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I always thought he'd make a good coach because he came across as intelligent, diligent and mature. Obviously that's based on limited information, but I would be a lot more sure of him than Lee (as much as I love his psychotic bias for Newcastle) or Shearer.