Goodness me!

catmag

Two shot dead at exclusive London store

LONDON (Reuters) - Two people were killed in a shooting at one of central London's most exclusive department stores on Tuesday, police said.

The victims, a man and a woman both aged about 30, were pronounced dead at the scene of the shooting at the Harvey Nichols store in the upmarket Knightsbridge area.

Police cordoned off an area around the shop, which has a reputation as the store of choice for Britain's rich and famous.

"We are trying to ascertain the circumstances," a police spokesman said in a statement.

An eyewitness told the BBC that police had informed staff the gunman was a security guard who used to work at the shop.

"The waitress we spoke to had apparently been informed by police ... that it was an ex-security guard who had walked into Harvey Nichols, shot dead one of the girls behind the make-up counter and then shot himself," Charlotte O'Leary told the BBC.

No one at London's Metropolitan Police could be reached to comment on the BBC report.

The shooting happened at 7:45 p.m., about 15 minutes before the store was due to close.

Harvey Nichols, which sells designer clothes, jewellery and food, traces its roots back to a linen shop which opened in Knightsbridge in 1813.

:icon_lol:

I'm guessing he knew the girl though??

It freaks me out when there's random attacks. Like the guy who took an axe to a passing stranger one day a few months back.... in the street next to where my brother lives (which is actually a nice part of London). My brother walks down there everyday to catch the tube..... it freaked me out SO much thinking that if he'd been at the wrong place at the wrong time it could have been him decapitated by a madman instead.

It's the 'random' part of random attacks that scares me. Who'd have thought I'd be beaten at my own game. (Luckily my 'random' doesn't tend to be related to attacks though....!)

Al Fayed got pissed off with the couple going between Harrods and Harvey Nichs price-matching one against the other then? :icon_lol:

* - if this turns out to have any similarity to what actually happened, my coment is just coincidence, OK? :angry:

* - if this turns out to have any similarity to what actually happened, my coment is just coincidence, OK? :icon_lol:

32464[/snapback]

Yeah right.... you've got inside info haven't you??? C'mon... tell us the details... we won't tell anyone that we got it from you, honest :angry:

Some of these 'chicks' that work the beauty counters are really beautiful :angry:

32468[/snapback]

What time do you think they have to get up in the morning to put all that slap on?

32472[/snapback]

I doubt if they actually go to sleep!! It must take them hours to trowel some of that stuff on!

Does no-one ever tell these people what they look like??? :icon_lol:

Some of these 'chicks' that work the beauty counters are really beautiful :angry:

32468[/snapback]

What time do you think they have to get up in the morning to put all that slap on?

32472[/snapback]

I doubt if they actually go to sleep!! It must take them hours to trowel some of that stuff on!

32477[/snapback]

Some of them wear so much mascara that they look like them dolls where you have to tip their heads back so they can open their eyes.....

32468[/snapback]

32472[/snapback]

32477[/snapback]

Some of them wear so much mascara that they look like them dolls where you have to tip their heads back so they can open their eyes.....

32479[/snapback]

:angry::icon_lol:

It's the 'random' part of random attacks that scares me.  Who'd have thought I'd be beaten at my own game.  (Luckily my 'random' doesn't tend to be related to attacks though....!)

32461[/snapback]

It's the 'attacks' part of random attacks that scares me.

me and my ex had a look round the one in leeds once and were looking at the ridiculously priced clothes when a proper snotty nosed cow came up and asked us if we 'intended buying anything?' in other words, 'you dont look like you can afford that so fuck off!'

the thing that pissed me off the most is that she is a shop assistant and probably earns less than most of the people on here do yet thinks she is some sort of aristocracy cos she works there! :icon_lol:

me and my ex had a look round the one in leeds once and were looking at the ridiculously priced clothes when a proper snotty nosed cow came up and asked us if we 'intended buying anything?' in other words, 'you dont look like you can afford that so fuck off!'

the thing that pissed me off the most is that she is a shop assistant and probably earns less than most of the people on here do yet thinks she is some sort of aristocracy cos she works there! :icon_lol:

32619[/snapback]

I hate that thing with shop assistants in posh clothes shops. Don't look down your nose at me you're on minimum wage you wanker! Almost as irritating as the students handing out flyers in the toon. For some reason they seem to think being paid a pittance for handing out bits of paper on Northumberland Street makes them the epitome of cool.

32619[/snapback]

I hate that thing with shop assistants in posh clothes shops. Don't look down your nose at me you're on minimum wage you wanker! Almost as irritating as the students handing out flyers in the toon. For some reason they seem to think being paid a pittance for handing out bits of paper on Northumberland Street makes them the epitome of cool.

32624[/snapback]

Don't fall for it. It's a clever ploy by the useless cunts to make you buy something and prove to them that your not the pesasant they had you down for. Best bet is to try an absoloute shit load of gear on whilst they hover around hanging out of your arse telling you how good you look, then walk out buying nothing, leaving them to spend the next hour hanging all the gear back on the rail.

32619[/snapback]

32624[/snapback]

Don't fall for it. It's a clever ploy by the useless cunts to make you buy something and prove to them that your not the pesasant they had you down for. Best bet is to try an absoloute shit load of gear on whilst they hover around hanging out of your arse telling you how good you look, then walk out buying nothing, leaving them to spend the next hour hanging all the gear back on the rail.

32634[/snapback]

He is though, so that plan would turn to rat-shit! :angry:

It's the 'random' part of random attacks that scares me.  Who'd have thought I'd be beaten at my own game.  (Luckily my 'random' doesn't tend to be related to attacks though....!)

32461[/snapback]

It's the 'attacks' part of random attacks that scares me.

32540[/snapback]

Hmmm... to be honest... you do have a point there...... :)