Silly names

catmag

'Proper' rose is made from red grapes such as Grenache, Zinfandel etc. with the skin removed much earlier in the wine making process but some cheap stuff is just red and white wine mixed.

34060[/snapback]

I stand corrected, bloke who told me that quite recently isn't too reliable. I really want to learn a bit about wines now that I'm in France. Might save me when the revolution comes.

People don't actually do that do they? The father of a friend of mine used to do it, thought he was just being a pillock. I can get Rose cheaper than diesel here (considerably cheaper lately), what exactly constitutes cheap?!

34094[/snapback]

Well normally if it's a 'new world' Rose, it'll have the grape variety on, if it hasn't it may well just be white and red mixed. With French, Spanish etc. the label has the region on so unless you have a bit of knowledge it's hard to tell what the grape variety is. I supposed cheap is less than fiver, although that doesn't neccessarily mean it's mixed. You should ask Gemmill though as he's the 'White Zinfandel Man' on here :lol:(

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Proper' rose is made from red grapes such as Grenache, Zinfandel etc. with the skin removed much earlier in the wine making process but some cheap stuff is just red and white wine mixed.

34060[/snapback]

Shouldn't that be rosé??

:lol:

34060[/snapback]

Shouldn't that be rosé??

34104[/snapback]

Nitpicking tbh :nufc:

34060[/snapback]

Shouldn't that be rosé??

34104[/snapback]

34105[/snapback]

Shouldnt that be nit-picking?

34060[/snapback]

Shouldn't that be rosé??

34104[/snapback]

34105[/snapback]

34112[/snapback]

Nitpicking is a proper word without the hyphen, not sure if it's valid or not with it. So there :nufc:

34060[/snapback]

Shouldn't that be rosé??

34104[/snapback]

34105[/snapback]

34112[/snapback]

Nitpicking is a proper word without the hyphen, not sure if it's valid or not with it. So there :nufc:

34116[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure it's hyphenated, you jizzbolt!

34060[/snapback]

Shouldn't that be rosé??

34104[/snapback]

34105[/snapback]

34112[/snapback]

34116[/snapback]

34124[/snapback]

Shouldn't that be jizz-bolt???

34060[/snapback]

Shouldn't that be rosé??

34104[/snapback]

34105[/snapback]

34112[/snapback]

34116[/snapback]

34124[/snapback]

Perhaps both are correct, but it's a proper word without the hyphen you cock-ring

:nufc:

34060[/snapback]

Shouldn't that be rosé??

34104[/snapback]

34105[/snapback]

34112[/snapback]

34116[/snapback]

34124[/snapback]

Perhaps both are correct, but it's a proper word without the hyphen you cock-ring

:nufc:

34134[/snapback]

Shouldn't that be Prince-Albert?

Nitwit has no hythen. Can't find nitpicking/nit-picking in my desktop dic, but I did find nipple. *snigger*

34130[/snapback]

Shouldn't that be hyphen?

Anyway its definitely nit-pick. A quick scan of the OED has exposed Alex for the gobshite that he is. :lol:

Is it co-ordinate or coordinate?

34135[/snapback]

I think it's the latter, although again both may be correct.

34141[/snapback]

I think we'll have to form a committee...

Anyway its definitely nit-pick. A quick scan of the OED has exposed Alex for the gobshite that he is.  :lol:

34142[/snapback]

Obsessive eating disorder? Can't see how that's relevant.

34135[/snapback]

34141[/snapback]

34145[/snapback]

We'll need some cooperation/co-operation...

34135[/snapback]

34141[/snapback]

34145[/snapback]

I think we'd work better as a co-operative.

34142[/snapback]

Well, that's me out of the committee. :lol:

34152[/snapback]

So that's a comitte, then?

34153[/snapback]

Who's being committed? AF??

Nitwit has no hythen. Can't find nitpicking/nit-picking in my desktop dic, but I did find nipple. *snigger*

34130[/snapback]

Anyway its definitely nit-pick. A quick scan of the OED has exposed Alex for the gobshite that he is. :lol:

34142[/snapback]

Both must be correct then, according to the Cambridge University Press Dictionary at least. I believe you have to subscribe to the OED which would expose Box for for the nerd he is :nufc: