Allardyce dismisses player revolt speculation

ohhh_yeah

All he had to say was that it was a private meeting where he and the players discussed the recent poor run of form, no need to act the Billy Big Bollocks.

That's what he is though. His ego far outweighs his tactical ability. If he didn't have the facade of being a scientist of the game, he'd be Joe Kinnear.

All he had to say was that it was a private meeting where he and the players discussed the recent poor run of form, no need to act the Billy Big Bollocks.

No. What he's doing is showing the players up for what they are and also showing them that he's ready to take them on in the media if that is their chosen weapon.

What they are? You mean that they're concerned about a disastrous run where we've been served up absolute shite? To me it shows that they at least care about the team and how we're doing, rather than simply turning up and lifting their money.

It shouldn't be being played out in the media by either side, I'd hoped that had ended with Shepherd's departure.

Edited by ewerk

That's what he is though. His ego far outweighs his tactical ability. If he didn't have the facade of being a scientist of the game, he'd be Joe Kinnear.

:D

Or Roy.

No. What he's doing is showing the players up for what they are and also showing them that he's ready to take them on in the media if that is their chosen weapon.

What they are? You mean that they're concerned about a disastrous run where we've been served up absolute shite? To me it shows that they at least care about the team and how we're doing, rather than simply turning up and lifting their money.

It shouldn't be being played out in the media by other side, I'd hoped that had ended with Shepherd's departure.

The bad run is as much about them as SA. This is damage limitation after they thought they could have another pop at SA. I wonder where the leaks come from?

None of this needs airing in public I agree.

The bad run is as much about them as SA. This is damage limitation after they thought they could have another pop at SA. I wonder where the leaks come from?

None of this needs airing in public I agree.

Responsibility has to be shared yes, but this shows that the players do want to do something about it rather than Sam's attitude of burying his head in the sand as praying that it suddenly clicks. Allardyce's comments say volumes about his attitude and is unlike to help him 'regain' the dressing room that he has apparently lost.

And the leak could have come from anywhere, I'm sure it wasn't a secret within the club and could have come from any number of sources.

Or Roy.

Had to look him up. Instantly recognised him once I had though.

"Although he was a talented straight actor, he became best known for his comic roles, in which he often played a chubby and jocular figure."

He could hardly play anything but chubby tbf.

A few observations:

1. It only refers to a meeting about the break, nothing about tactics

2. If 1 is true, what discussion is there to have apart from 'At the end of the day, I am the manager'?

Fair enough if we had a team full of proven winners, but as it says Owen was not there, to my mind Nicky Butt is the only non-Allardyce buy that has any right to be questioning the manager beyond the stage of giving a polite private opinion.

Or Roy.

As far as I am concerned, the story is pure press bullshit... however...........

If Sam has decided that he's taking them away between christmas and new year for some sort of boot camp rather than giving them 'time off', then there's no complaints from me..

Blackburn excepted, the recent performances have been woefully inadequate and there's justification two fold:

1. They don't deserve time off...

2. They need to work on their training.

Any player kicking off about that can fuck off IMO.

As far as I am concerned, the story is pure press bullshit... however...........

If Sam has decided that he's taking them away between christmas and new year for some sort of boot camp rather than giving them 'time off', then there's no complaints from me..

Blackburn excepted, the recent performances have been woefully inadequate and there's justification two fold:

1. They don't deserve time off...

2. They need to work on their training.

Any player kicking off about that can fuck off IMO.

Exacertedly.

• 9 months later...

Said in December he's worse than Allardyce.

:read:

Said in December he's worse than Allardyce.

:read:

;)