The Three Greatest Players Of Your Lifetime

Tooj

In order.

1. Ronaldo

39140869ronaldobarcage3jy7.jpg

Get the status as during '96-'99 nobody actually comes close to being able to get anywhere near the ability he had shown, biggest was of talent I have ever seen, not because of what he achieved after the injuries, because he still managed to do it all. But for what he could have been. Still manages to score 20/30 goals a season without breaking a sweat. He was that good, I honestly believe he would have achieved the status of Pele/Maradona if things would have went his way.

2. Roberto Baggio

902396690_small.jpg

Wrote off so many times during a career of sheer magical moments. For one who should have never even played after suffering an horrific knee injury while playing for Vicenza and it was a mircale he ever managed to recover. Seemed to perform at his best at clubs after being written off.

AC Milan discarding him only for him to join Bologna and finish the season with 22 league goals, then for Inter Milan to sign him, then yet again for him to be discarded by Marcelo Lippi once again.

This led to the final chapter in his career, becoming an absolute legend at Brescia, scoring 46 goals in 100 games and assisting countless others. Despite the fact he was 37 and still proving to be a top class performer at club level, many Italian fans clamored for a recall for him at Euro 2004, sadly this was not to be.

3. Zinedine Zidane

wc_2006_day19_zidane.jpg

A lot of people know, I'm not the greatest Zidane fan as in I do feel he has been overrated by several, however I still acknowledge the fact how good he actually was in his prime. The vision, the absolutely sublime ball control, his ability to bring others into play, his use of both feet, intelligence, all of these make Zidane number 3 on my list. Platini was still better Alex, just before my time. :nufc:

1. Maradona

2. Platini

3. Van Basten

No Zico? ;)

No. I love him but I never really saw enough of him. Just World Cups mainly. I reckon the other 3 were better anyway. I don't necessarily like them as much though.

I've seen Zico,in a friendly against England at wembley early 80's,scored the pen in a 1-0 win...

Anyway,i can't see why the likes of Beardsley are disregarded to some fancy foreign named over hyped player like Baggio ffs?

And my last 2 were random,I'm pizzled ;)

I've seen Zico,in a friendly against England at wembley early 80's,scored the pen in a 1-0 win...

Anyway,i can't see why the likes of Beardsley are disregarded to some fancy foreign named over hyped player like Baggio ffs?

And my last 2 were random,I'm pizzled :icon_lol:

Because Baggio wasn't overhyped, carried a team to a World Cup Final etc ;)

cant believe no-one has Romario in theres ;)

I was going to, as after Ronaldo he's the best striker I've seen.

But he stayed at PSV far too long, and went back to Brazil too early.

Guest Patrokles

I think it's interesting that generally speaking, only attack-minded players and the odd central defender draw these kind of plaudits. Sometimes it seems like 'best player' is more like 'most gifted with a ball at their feet.'

I think it's interesting that generally speaking, only attack-minded players and the odd central defender draw these kind of plaudits. Sometimes it seems like 'best player' is more like 'most gifted with a ball at their feet.'

Yeah, fair point...

any better keeper than Schmichael in the last 30 odd years?