Yakubu

Tribal

Surely someone can write some code that when Gemmill types Martins, Matt types Ameobi and gram types Milner, everyone else on the forum just automatically ignores the posts?

Or you could ignore them all by yourself. It's what I do every time you spout off about someone that retired before you were born.

Excellent comeback which was of course very relevant to the thread and your vendetta against our top scorer.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Controversial it may be, but I always thought that quick players are best played on the shoulder of the last defender. This is where Martins looks useful

Totally agree with you there like.

Controversial it may be, but I always thought that quick players are best played on the shoulder of the last defender. This is where Martins looks useful

Totally agree with you there like.

Didn't Sam utilise Anelka in the same way as well at times at Bolton last season? Or did I make that up? ;)

Shame we missed the boat on him a few seasons ago like.

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?

Surely someone can write some code that when Gemmill types Martins, Matt types Ameobi and gram types Milner, everyone else on the forum just automatically ignores the posts?

Or you could ignore them all by yourself. It's what I do every time you spout off about someone that retired before you were born.

Excellent comeback which was of course very relevant to the thread and your vendetta against our top scorer.

I hope you weren't being sarcastic there, cos I live for your approval.

I hope you weren't being sarcastic there, cos I live for your approval.

Cheers babes.

Martins often fails to do the basics right, and even when he's out of position, he should still be able to beat his man as Milner does on the other flank.

However, if there's one player we should be criticising it's certainly not him. Leading scorer last year and will probably be this year even with the ACN. That's good enough, surely.

Martins often fails to do the basics right, and even when he's out of position, he should still be able to beat his man as Milner does on the other flank.

However, if there's one player we should be criticising it's certainly not him. Leading scorer last year and will probably be this year even with the ACN. That's good enough, surely.

Unless someone tells the goal machine that is Alan Smith how to score, starting today. ;)

Unless someone tells the goal machine that is Alan Smith how to score, starting today. ;)

Indeed, the goal machine who has scored one goal in about forty games.

Let's start him every game Sam, despite the fact he has about one shot every four games, let alone no goals!

Let's start him every game Sam, despite the fact he has about one shot every four games, let alone no goals!

It's okay though, he gets stuck in. :yes

It's okay though, he gets stuck in. :yes

Proper player.

This whole conversation seem sfruitless imo, surely it's pointless discussing how good a striker is, when we haven't seen him playing in front of a settled team producing chances for him to tuck away.

Imagine Andy Cole without a Peter BEardsley behind him providing the ammunition, imagine how many goals Shearer would score without the wing play we had back then through Ginola and Gillespie, plus Beardsley, Lee and whoever else was there to provide him with the ball. How often did Shearer create?

Martins is a decent striker, certainly the most effective one on our books at the minute, but he's no where near the finished article.

This whole conversation seem sfruitless imo, surely it's pointless discussing how good a striker is, when we haven't seen him playing in front of a settled team producing chances for him to tuck away.

Imagine Andy Cole without a Peter BEardsley behind him providing the ammunition, imagine how many goals Shearer would score without the wing play we had back then through Ginola and Gillespie, plus Beardsley, Lee and whoever else was there to provide him with the ball. How often did Shearer create?

Martins is a decent striker, certainly the most effective one on our books at the minute, but he's no where near the finished article.

That said, Beardsley would have struggled to thread a pass through to Martins given the latter's movement.