Yakubu

Tribal

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a history of going on scoring runs followed by long dry spells. Moyes is doing a cracking job regardless.

At least wherever he goes, he WILL score goals. I heard he has the best goals to game ratio in the Premiership for a plaeyr who isn't part of the "big four" - something on the lines of that anyway.

Gemmill's agenda with Oba is canny pathetic like, consider Matt/Shola, gram/Milner.

It's bordering on embarrassing tbh

+1

Oh noes. How will I cope?

To be fair Gemmil, you do like to single one player out for an incredible amount of abuse.

Oba's first touch is suspect at times, but he's hardly the worst player at the club, he's not keeping a better player out of the first team and he is working hard. I'm struggling to see why he's you public enemy number 1?

Gemmill's agenda with Oba is canny pathetic like, consider Matt/Shola, gram/Milner.

+1

To be fair Gemmil, you do like to single one player out for an incredible amount of abuse.

Oba's first touch is suspect at times, but he's hardly the worst player at the club, he's not keeping a better player out of the first team and he is working hard. I'm struggling to see why he's you public enemy number 1?

He's not public enemy number 1. When he first turned up at the club people went WAY over the top about how good he was. He wasn't and he still isn't. I've maintained that he's poor for a long time (I've been proven right imo) and I'm just interested to see when those who have claimed he is quality will own up to the fact that they got it very wrong and that he is in fact a very average player.

As to singling players out - I don't do it at the match, but I see no point whatsoever in sugar-coating things on a message board.

+1

He's not public enemy number 1. When he first turned up at the club people went WAY over the top about how good he was. He wasn't and he still isn't. I've maintained that he's poor for a long time (I've been proven right imo) and I'm just interested to see when those who have claimed he is quality will own up to the fact that they got it very wrong and that he is in fact a very average player.

As to singling players out - I don't do it at the match, but I see no point whatsoever in sugar-coating things on a message board.

Proven right? By whom? Yourself? You need only look at the scoring charts to see what Martins has "proven."

About the only piece of credible information in this post is bolded. Fact is your crusade against Martins is what's "WAY over the top." He's a good player who cares about this club and although he has his faults, I'll back him to the end.

+1

Proven right? By whom? Yourself? You need only look at the scoring charts to see what Martins has "proven."

About the only piece of credible information in this post is bolded. Fact is your crusade against Martins is what's "WAY over the top." He's a good player who cares about this club and although he has his faults, I'll back him to the end.

:lol: @ the bold bits.

Gemmil might single out a player for excessive criticism, but I'd hardly call it a "Crusade" ffs.

I think that some people do go over the top in praise for a new player, but they tend to be the fans who also fly in the face of facts. The facts at the moment are that Oba is scoring more goals than the rest of the strike force... and as that's what we need, he's the best man at the moment in that role. I'm not so blind to think he's a great player, he's clearly not. However, he's working hard and doing better than his team-mates.