RlCO

About NUFC or life in general. Optimistic? Pessimistic?

Me personally I feel like this will be the worst year of my life, probably a self fulfilling prophecy. Not been this downbeat about a new year ever, even after deaths, redundancies and break ups.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I'm ever one to let events on a football pitch reflect my outlook and such on life, there's far more important things.

Definitely, but it isn't helping either. And studies have shown that the country/economy/sick rates/birth rates etc improve when England does well in a competition, so football definitely has a significant effect.

Can't say I'm ever one to let events on a football pitch reflect my outlook and such on life, there's far more important things.

Definitely, but it isn't helping either. And studies have shown that the country/economy/sick rates/birth rates etc improve when England does well in a competition, so football definitely has a significant effect.

And men kick the shit out of their wives when their team loses. [/stevie]

Edited by ewerk

It's a make or break year for me.

Very much up for it.

In this time Sir, I feel this has to be called upon.

Great, I can't wait for my next (lack of) fitness appraisal down the gym now!

In all honesty, this is the first year that I've come up with resolutions well in advance and one of them is to be less of a fat heifer, so bring it on!

I'm looking forward to 2008. 2007 has been rather unfulfilling - been poor for pretty much all of it, hard at work for most of it and had a few romances that haven't really gone anywhere. My gran has been fairly unwell for most of it, but she's doing okay now. There have been highlights including trips to Barcelona, Amsterdam and in particular India, plus getting through fourth year. For 2008 I am looking forward to finishing my degree, becoming a doctor, getting paid, living somewhere nicer and going to Glastonbury, if I get a ticket. Bring it on!

I was feeling quite pessimistic, only person keeping at my current job has now left so my motivation has hit rock bottom. For the first time in my life I'm also worying about money, even though our situation isn't that bad really I still hate having debt (bloody weddings!)

Having said that, my mate said before I left I should stop letting people at work take the piss and have the confidence and balls to apply for bigger and better jobs. So I'm doing just that right now.

Hopefully 2008 will be a good year, but I've no clue what's to come and so I'll reserve judgment. 2007 for me was a bit meh - had some good and bad times but nothing much exciting has happened. Need to work hard now and despite that fact I'll turn 18 in 10 days, my social life is getting smaller (may be a good thing with all this work). Need to get the grades to go to university at Exeter or Nottingham - that is should I decide to this year. Will see how things go.

Hopefully 2008 will be a good year, but I've no clue what's to come and so I'll reserve judgment. 2007 for me was a bit meh - had some good and bad times but nothing much exciting has happened. Need to work hard now and despite that fact I'll turn 18 in 10 days, my social life is getting smaller (may be a good thing with all this work). Need to get the grades to go to university at Exeter or Nottingham - that is should I decide to this year. Will see how things go.

Don't come to Nottingham, it's got a small town mentality and it's full of twats.