pathetic

Dr Gloom

i thought the managerial merry go round ended with the last buffoon of a chairman.

sacking big sam half a season into the job, standing with the away support and wearing his toon top at every game....our new chairman is looking every bit as much as a laughing stock as shepherd was.

the only reason i could give for sacking a manager so early into his tenure is if we're in a relegation battle - we're not. we're actually still better off points-wise than we were this time last season. despite the dross served up recently, i feel sam should have been given much more time.

talk of shearer and redknapp is depressing but predicitable - who else is going to fancy a crack at the poisoned challice?

unless ashley can pull off a coup and bring in someone like mourinho or lippi (which i highly doubt), then i think he's got it wrong. all the other managers linked so far would be a sideways step.

and his timing is also shepherd-esque. half way into the transfer window so if we do get a new man in before it closes, he'll have little to no chance of bringing in any new players.

the rest of the country is laughing at us. pathetic

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not like you to whinge. You moaned about just about every decision Allardyce has made since arriving. I couldn't give a fuck if the rest of the country is laughing at us. That'll soon stop if we appoint a 'top boss'.

Not like you to whinge. You moaned about just about every decision Allardyce has made since arriving. I couldn't give a fuck if the rest of the country is laughing at us. That'll soon stop if we appoint a 'top boss'.

:icon_lol:

It hasnt been 24 hours yet and some people are complaining we havent appointed anyone. Only Mort, Ashley and Akabusi know whats going - so lets just give them some time.

Edited by Holden McGroin

do you think he's made the right decision? i always thought you were up for giving him more time too.

if we appoint one the early favourites i would have to say no.

i have been as miffed by some of sam's decisions this year as everyone else, but i've always said that he should be given more time.

the fact that we are a viewed as a joke of a club will almost certainly have implications as to who we are able to recruit as next manager.

of course, i will eat my words if ashley's got a top manager lined up and we don't end up with someone like redknapp.

do you think he's made the right decision? i always thought you were up for giving him more time too.

i have been as miffed by some of sam's decisions this year as everyone else, but i've always said that he should be given more time.

the fact that we are a viewed as a joke of a club will almost certainly have implications as to who we are able to recruit as next manager.

of course, i will eat my words if ashley's got a top manager lined up and we don't end up with someone like redknapp.

Dan just shut the fuck up.

Ashley is a ruthless businessman. He's fucked over many people in the sporswear industry to make his fortune and he's not going to suffer ineptitude for very long.

This sacking has nothing whatsoever to do with repeating old mistakes at the club.

Shepherd would react with a sacking if the fans showed a bit of discontent because he didn't know how to lead. This sacking flies in the face of what the majority of fans believe, it's a pro-active choice by a man who's realised that however much Sam improved, he would never be good enough to match his ambition.

This leaves me confident that the replacement will be a world class manager. I reckon the owner is the type who'd do whatever it takes to get a top man then gladly pay any fine for tapping up.

Ashley is a ruthless businessman. He's fucked over many people in the sporswear industry to make his fortune and he's not going to suffer ineptitude for very long.

This sacking has nothing whatsoever to do with repeating old mistakes at the club.

Shepherd would react with a sacking if the fans showed a bit of discontent because he didn't know how to lead. This sacking flies in the face of what the majority of fans believe, it's a pro-active choice by a man who's realised that however much Sam improved, he would never be good enough to match his ambition.

This leaves me confident that the replacement will be a world class manager. I reckon the owner is the type who'd do whatever it takes to get a top man then gladly pay any fine for tapping up.

I think you have nailed it.

:icon_lol: Good sense, as per from HF.

Frankly I don't give a flying fuck what the press or the rest of the country thinks. It's not them who had to sit week in week out watching decent players look like garbage against the worst teams in the division.

I'm also pleased Ashley doesn't give a flying fuck what the press thinks either.

if you're right, then i would have to agree. but we'll have to wait to see who he does have lined up - my concern is that he has gone down the same route as shepherd and pandered to the frenzy that's been whipped up without lining up a top quality replacement.

like, i said though, i'll be happy to eart my words if i'm wrong and a top mananager is on his way.

Oh and Dan please change your name back to fancy Dan twat man, you're not dr gloom, dr gloom is a man of principal, a man of respect, whose opinion is important to his fellow toon supporters basically all the things you're not! :icon_lol:

if you're right, then i would have to agree. but we'll have to wait to see who he does have lined up - my concern is that he has gone down the same route as shepherd and pandered to the frenzy that's been whipped up without lining up a top quality replacement.

like, i said though, i'll be happy to eart my words if i'm wrong and a top mananager is on his way.

And then find find something else to moan about.... :icon_lol:

What's happened to your we can't attract anybody/thing decent to this club nonsense?

Ashley might also have reasoned that a caretaker manager had more chance of getting points on the board than Allardyce. I hope it's not the situation but you could make a case for it.

Edited by Big TRon

Oh and Dan please change your name back to fancy Dan twat man, you're not dr gloom, dr gloom is a man of principal, a man of respect, whose opinion is important to his fellow toon supporters basically all the things you're not! :icon_lol:

why don't you do youself a favour and fuck off and reply in someone else's thread :razz:

What's happened to your we can't attract anybody/thing decent to this club nonsense?

Allardyce couldn't.

Who knows what Morshley can accomplish?

:razz: Good sense, as per from HF.

How come the dumb fucking aussie gets slated for saying have some faith in Mort and Ashley and HF, the fucking film critic (by the way HF I'll be sending my rockumentary to you and I want a good review ok?) gets pats on the back and cheers of support!

Fucking empire my arse. :icon_lol: