Alan Shearer

Tom

Would you be satisfied if Alan Shearer was appointed Newcastle United manager?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Toontastic is obviously not the 'majority of fans' or the ''popular opinion'' however there is a decent amount of knowledge (and club £) based on this board.

So in response to various media articles, lets see who is desperate for 'our hero' to return as a 'Geordie Messiah' in the next week or two.

So what's the crack?

Not for me.....yet.

I think he needs some experiance first as I would hate it for him to come and fail. He is a legend at NUFC and that could be tarnished if he came and failed on his first managarial job.

Fucking TalkSPRT hawksbee and Jacobs. That Chelsea wanker fucking saying we all want Shearer. The complete coffee drinking cock smoking wanker! Saying the best thing for us is to get relegated as it would serve us right. Tosser

I don't want him as an unproven manager. If he goes away, learns the ropes elsewhere and is successful then by all means bring him back at some point in the future. But right now, it's a hell of a big risk.

I don't want him as an unproven manager. If he goes away, learns the ropes elsewhere and is successful then by all means bring him back at some point in the future. But right now, it's a hell of a big risk.

He won't be allowed to manage at any other club.

Fucking TalkSPRT hawksbee and Jacobs. That Chelsea wanker fucking saying we all want Shearer. The complete coffee drinking cock smoking wanker! Saying the best thing for us is to get relegated as it would serve us right. Tosser

You know what? The media have decided that we all want Shearer.

Q: if you look past his playing career, what has shearer done exactly to show he can do the job?

A: fuck all

i'm sure he'd be a good number two for an experienced manager looking to groom him into the job but surely it's far too early for him. i think even shearer thinks that - the motd sofa is far too comy a gig to walk away from at this stage and if it his first job, i imagine he'll want to take it when we're in far better shape than we are at present.

You know what? The media have decided that we all want Shearer.

Yep!

What makes you say that?

What makes you say that?

I think he just made it up.

Hopefully Ashley will shove their words back down their throats with the right appointment.

Hopefully Ashley will shove their words back down their throats with the right appointment.

The big question though is: who?

It's been the same after Robson, Souness, Roeder and now possibly Allerdyce.

What makes you say that?

Lets say he's at a Championship club doing quite well but not being given any funds, and let's say new NUFC manager Mark Hughes is on a 10 game streak of not winning (y'know, some dodgy refs, unlucky decisions, played well but conned by the ref etc etc), what do you think the media/fan climate would be then?

Also, say you were a fan of a championship side, would you want a manager that you know is only at your club to be grromed for us?

What makes you say that?

Lets say he's at a Championship club doing quite well but not being given any funds, and let's say new NUFC manager Mark Hughes is on a 10 game streak of not winning (y'know, some dodgy refs, unlucky decisions, played well but conned by the ref etc etc), what do you think the media/fan climate would be then?

Also, say you were a fan of a championship side, would you want a manager that you know is only at your club to be grromed for us?

Not hypothetical enough.

Where is the "lets get it out of the way so we can move on" option

That's the one for me.... I don't want him as manager but until he has done a stint, there is no way that the media are going to let go of the idea...

FFS this is the 4th managerial appointment where he's been considered a 'serious' possibility! And not once has he said he wants it!

I'm with the lets get it out of the way brigade. Hopefully we will have some quality options and a quality apointment will be made. I'm not convinced though and if we're going to waste time with the likes of Redknapp, Hughes, McClaren or whatever we might as well go with someone unproven who will get better backing (both financially and from the fans) than the majority.

Agreed.... If it's between Redknapp, McLaren, Hughes or Shearer, I'd give it to Shearer so it's done and dusted.

Giving it to one of the other 3 would be as productive as the appointments of Souness or Roeder.

Beavis & Butthead tbh,unfunny pairing getting a bit repetitive.